Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 123998 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Avatars
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2005, 06:13:20 PM »
Hehe, I was bored so decided to play with it. If you want I'll remove it.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2005, 02:58:17 PM »
No, thats fine.  :thumbsup:

It's good to see someone take my idea a bit further.

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2005, 05:20:24 PM »
Well, it's that time again -- in other words, I changed my avatar. I had definitely had the last one for too long.

Lem'ka again, of course. Hopefully, that's obvious. This is just the small part of the sketchy thing I did for my latest layout that I could actually be bothered to color.

And in case anybody is wondering why the heck I suddenly changed my name, it's because I suddenly realized that everyone who didn't know me back on Lemmings Universe was probably actually pronouncing it Lemka. So I thought this should set them right. Even the thought of people doing that annoyed me.

'Course, that's not hard to do.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2005, 09:57:47 PM »
Err... Adam, the avitar isn't showing.

Lemika? hmm. I still prefer the original lem'ka, but thats okay.

I'm thinking about changing my avitar. The problem is, finding something worthy (and funny) enough to replace the one I already got. I actually quite like this one (while hating all my others).

Ahh, forget it. I'll leave it as it is.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2005, 01:16:26 AM »
Answering the little thing below your avatar, here is what I think summarized in four bullet...er, dash points:

-Wood is a good thing
-Tomatoes have feet
-People eat stuff

That was the version for people in senior management.  The below will state my true opinions...uh, my apologies if you are in senior management.  I can't find anything better to tack it on to.

Anyhow...

I don't know for sure.  After you see the avatar about one hundred times the joke behind it usually is dead and decomposed by then.  Take mine for example.  It is in my opinion dying but not yet dead.  Then again it might already be dead.  Bah.  No matter.  Anyhow a change would be nice but this avatar is still okay by me.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2005, 09:53:41 AM »
No, I'm not in senior management (are you crazy? I'm only 17!).

Yes I realized the joke might be "dead", the problem is, finding something I like thats as funny as that was. See, I've got a weird sense of humor... (or so I've been told)

Andi

« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2005, 07:23:43 PM »
Better a weird sense of humor, than (like me) a shocking sense of humor. xD

Conway

« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2005, 08:54:57 PM »
Lem'ka, why doesn't your avatar have a nose?

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2005, 03:34:13 PM »
I could go into some strange and drawn out tale... or I could tell the truth. Every time I tried to add a nose on, it tweaked me. So I just left it off. I figured no one would really notice, but apparently I was wrong. :D

Besides, it's really kind of hard to tell whether Lemmings have noses... right?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2005, 04:53:59 PM »
...um, in the menu the lemmings on the letters have noses that are quite large.  They also have big noses on the CD case thing.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2005, 06:40:05 PM »
Yeah, yeah, I know. Actually, I'd say those are more like snouts. It doesn't really matter all that, because whatever you wish to call them, I can't draw them satisfactorally, so I thought no snout [or nose, or whatever] was better than a poorly drawn snout [or nose, or whatever].

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2005, 08:07:22 PM »
Well, this is my new avatar...

"...What the?..."

I can explain.  Almost every year I go to a concert for the fourth of July.  It is outdoors and everyone sits on the grass.  Nearby the concert area is a playground with giant swings.  Giant swings are fun!  It's also got a slide and other stuff farther back.  As the color of the grass changes to brown (only happens around the swings) the elevation becomes higher.

This is a map of the whole thing.  Oh, and there are fireworks after the concert.  I watched them from the swings.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2005, 08:53:05 PM »
Haha! Very weird, but funny!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2005, 09:04:01 PM »
I have to say, that reminds me of the drawings I used to do at school when I was 6...

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2005, 09:52:04 PM »
Well I free handed the text in photoshop, and on the whole the thing took maybe less than a minute, so...

I was looking for that style I guess.