Author Topic: Mafia: Lemmings 2 Edition  (Read 33226 times)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Lemmings 2 Edition
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2014, 04:45:08 PM »
ok some good detail, fair enough.
I think I would rather go for someone who appears to be trying to follow in anothers shadow then.
My accusation is for mobius for now.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »
ok. I rused to get a second on geoo just to get some things started. Now that I was thinking about the game during work, let's take a look at who NaOH was accusing...

First she said she'd nominated the first person somebody else nominated; ccexplore. ccexplore was supposedly chosen randomly by Simon. Then Simon introduced the idea of not lynching anybody which was a sound theory however did work in mafia's favor.
[I don't regret doing that as I'm still not convinced ccexplore is guilty/innocent]

She then accused Simon, somewhat out-of-the-blue. Yes, the reason was his suggestion and supposedly slightly different attitude compared to last game. Yet she seemed to try and stress his guiltiness.

Let's assume the worst and say she was the scooper; she accused ccexplore (only because somebody else did...) to hide the fact and put Simon's name in to at least try to warn people. BUt, assuming she scooped out Simon, why would she back up voting for ccexplore, knowing most likely that this was obviously a ploy therefore ccexplore must be innocent. Of course Simon did say he'd retract his vote if he wanted to...The only other reason I thought she was the scooper was her comment "I for one and digging this beach". Perhaps a subtle hint? But after thinking it over, this is probably unlikely. But it would be nice to let the mafia think the scooper is dead.

ccexplore didn't really give much in way of accusing other people only defending himself, slightly, in his post questioning Simon's suggestion, this may have been a ploy  by them.

In any case, both Simon and ccexplore are the people she accused and therefore I am suspicious of both of them, I think we should try to get rid of at least one as soon as we can. Simon being my main target.
The other people I am highly suspicious of right now are: Giga and Rubix. Simply because both of them have said very little so far, Giga especially. Oh and Rubix voted for Ramon out of the blue after NaOH warned why it was a bad idea.
This does not mean I definitively trust Ramon or geoo. I feel like trusting both but again, this may just be because they both were innocent last game. I'd like to hear more from Ramon as well.

<<<<<<to summarize>>>>>>>>
So that's four people, which is too many... Since Rubix was already mentioned and he didn't do much to defend himself yet, I'll stick with him. Simon would be my next choice. But those two are my top choice right now. If you agree/disagree with any of this, please explain. We must have a lynching, and we must have lynching forthwith.

I was mentioned once before now I've been nominated again, by Rubix, but I haven't been targeted by anyone else yet. I don't know how to defend myself other than saying my decision to not lynch first round may have been a grave mistake... I found it interesting that despite.. 3? people's efforts a lynching didn't happen. I don't know what to make of this right now and my power is going out.  :o

[EDIT]-after reading the latest posts, it seems geoo has some similar thoughts that I've had, this makes me... trust him more? maybe? idk anymore.  :XD: Also his test idea is very nice, I must admit, and wish it could've worked...
I don't know if I'm ok with the scooper revealing himself yet however. There is still a ways to go...  :-\ yeah DON'T reveal yourself.

-The TEST will be who gets killed next. that's how I think I'm playing--follow the dead bodies.. :D

-----------------
Also, to give full disclosure; before Clam made the no-PM rule, I PM'd NaOH, asking her if she was the scooper, unsurprisingly she didn't respond. But then made her post of not trusting people, probably thinking I was mafia.
Also I probably could've worded my PM better... If for some reason because of the rules it's felt nessicary to somehow reveal exactly what my PM said I'm ok with that. (I didn't keep it in my outbox however).

Then about the maths: it's not that I didn't distrust the maths, it's just that I didn't like the idea that its based on voting blind; randomly. I never planned to do that and don't think it really applies very well henceforth.

This post is way too long. I'm screwing myself for future games. But I'll talk about that at some other point...
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »
An interesting post mobius, but I think you have slipped  :thumbsup:

"Also, to give full disclosure; before Clam made the no-PM rule, I PM'd NaOH, asking her if she was the scooper, unsurprisingly she didn't respond. But then made her post of not trusting people, probably thinking I was mafia.
Also I probably could've worded my PM better... If for some reason because of the rules it's felt nessicary to somehow reveal exactly what my PM said I'm ok with that. (I didn't keep it in my outbox however)."

Knowing that NaOH is now dead and in this 2nd edition dead people can't talk.  You are trying to put forth all this honesty about what you did.  I don't think you really did PM her, but are trying to 'come clean' with false information to try make yourself look like no threat and a good guy. 

Sorry.  I have now made a final decision that wont be changing, that part of your post seems too obvious to me.   I have to accuse Mr Mobius of 'a nice try mate' 

As for defending myself, well I just don't know how you can say 'it wasnt me'  and have people believe anything like this when this game is built around deceit.

oh and btw  it wasn't me.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2014, 10:15:02 PM »
mobius' long post seems genuine, and RubiX' reply to it just makes me more suspicious of him. Still, I would also follow the bandwagon if we wanted to off Simon instead of RubiX, who is mobius' second choice.

@Giga, ccexplore and Ramon: Out of RubiX and Simon, who do you find more suspicious? And/or who else would you accuse?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2014, 11:55:12 PM »
I mentioned my PM just in case somebody pointed it out somehow, for example if NaOH would after the game. I already got in trouble once for "cheating" at Family Feud  :P in a similar situation so I decided to 'come clean' ahead of time to avoid confusion/blame later. I knew it sounded stupid/and or suspicious before I posted it but I wanted to do it anyway so I wouldn't get accused of breaking the rules.
I didn't keep in my outbox, but it's still in NaOH's box for all I know. But now that I think about it it does sound pretty dumb the way I said it and I do look suspicious...  :-\  :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2014, 01:39:39 AM »
All attention seems to go to RubiX
but we must find evidence before we can close this case
(poor poor NoAH :( )

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 02:07:41 AM »
I've tried find where I may have sounded suspicious in my previous posts in this thread but I feel confident that it actually has nothing to do with this 2nd edition.   
Its got me thinking why else put me in the spotlight, and believe this may have something to do with the 1st game.

i'll explain why I think i've been targeted
As I was killed immediately in game 1, maybe people will think I must be given a chance to live longer in the 2nd game.    A good position would be to make Rubix a rogue to give me more chance at a real game.   I have a feeling geoo has thought about that and this is the thing that gives him suspicion of me.    I think making that assumption vocal might be looked at as lame on his part , so he hasn't actually said it outloud.  Maybe I understand that.

I may be err digging my own grave from being the one to actually bring it up about myself.  When you think about it, it makes sense.   
Yea, i've really been thinking about this a lot today.   As long as you know I did try to save myself.   Remember it  :thumbsup:

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2014, 03:55:59 AM »
I don't think NaOH was the scooper.

But since someone has to be that, I'm pondering that mobius is either scooper or mafia, maybe scooper but with no good results so far. You gave pretty restrictive instructions on scooper behavior, even though a scooper would remain silent without information.

Rubix's reasons, I can't follow them entirely. Do you think Clam wasn't assigning roles randomly? If you think mobius is mafia, then who should be the scooper (NaOH after all)?

The only distinction of geoo has been the early and erratic voting with long explanations.

mobius or ccx, are you sure that you aren't going to to contribute some data from the ground-removing branch of the trade? >_>

-- Simon

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »
Voting update!

RubiX: 2 votes (geoo, möbius)
geoo: 1 vote (Simon)
möbius: 1 vote (RubiX)

48 hours left in Day 2, minus 20 minutes because Windows decided its own updates are more important than Mafia game updates :P

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »
Sorry guys, I'm not really able to follow all your thoughtlines here  ???

In any case I'll be voting for RubiX for now and see what he has to say for himself.

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2014, 12:16:46 PM »
Rubix has already given a defense, but it didn't convice me either.

I'm changing my vote from geoo to Rubix.

-- Simon

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »
As soon as people start jumping on the bandwagon like this, theres really nothing I can say that is going to change anything. 
But read the last sentence in my previous post again.  I'm not going to spell it out for you, thought it was easy enough to see.

I'm sure to enjoy reading what happens the following morning of my death though. 

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2014, 08:27:30 PM »
Sorry, there were some work matters I had to deal with yesterday which distracted me a bit.  Though I think would've just ended up joining the bandwagon anyway, given that there's unlikely to be any additional information to surface here and we can't just keep avoiding lynching people.  So one belated vote for Rubix I guess. :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »
Okay, looks like I'm not quite out of woods on the work stuff, and given how much timing/distraction has already screwed me at this point I better just do this now:

I'm the miner and Simon is rogue.  Unfortunately I also scooped NaOH so that's all I know.

Yeah, I know this sucks and I probably did cost us the game this round.  Sorry. :XD:

(I obviously don't have time now (ie. work stuff) to immediately defend accusations on this claim being genuine or not, but seriously, I don't see how my announcement now can possibly be a sound strategy agreed upon by 2 rogues.)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2014, 03:14:51 AM »
some interesting things happening. I think I'd like to hear what others have to say first before commenting. There are a lot of possibilities... I'm open to changing my vote. Fortunately I have off work tomorrow.

I will say; @Simon why was ccx and I singled out as possibly being the scooper? [wait I re-read your post but still confused at look at ccx]

and I found it a little odd/suspicious? that Ramon had little to say  :-\

-Hakuin Ekaku