Author Topic: [SUG] New object/pickup item - SuperLem!  (Read 758 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG] New object/pickup item - SuperLem!
« on: July 10, 2023, 10:15:38 AM »
From this topic:

Quote from: Strato Incendus
SuperLem: The only skill that directly follows your mouse. Yes, it does add execution difficulty without requiring the fan. But if a player is good at handling this, especially with pausing / framestepping etc., it can single-handedly break a lot of levels, I would assume. Probably too overpowered. Keep in mind it can also be used like a Walker / Jumper / Shimmier to cancel other skills. That alone is enough to make Walkers one of the most powerful skills.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 09:55:00 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SUG] New object/pickup item - SuperLem!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 10:16:20 AM »
The SuperLem is one of the few skills that I tested out in "Practice" mode, and I did enjoy it. It takes some getting used to, but I found myself reaching for it again and again to try and get better at using it - it definitely has that compelling factor. I'm sure that the codebase has a way to track the mouse position, so making a skill respond to it should, in theory, be possible.

This one could either be done as a once-only assigner object/pickup, giving more control to the level designer and guidance to the player as to when it gets used in the level. If a skill, it's definitely a potential level-breaker, which I personally don't see as a bad thing, but others might.

Support for this idea? Thoughts? Suggestions?

EDIT: Another one to rule out as a skill. If this happens, let's make it an object similar to Radiation/Slowfreeze but one which endows a lem with superpowers, allowing it to follow the mouse pointer around the level.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 09:56:35 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SUG] New object/pickup item - SuperLem!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 03:40:21 PM »
Going to rule this one out in favour of concentrating efforts on an invincibility mode instead, which I feel has more potential. The mode could still be referred to as "SuperLem", though!