Author Topic: Lemmings Quiz  (Read 32779 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Quiz
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2011, 07:09:09 PM »
Konbanwa Lemming-san

geoo fed you that one didn't he? ;)  Cute, but it's kinda like saying "X Marks the Spot" counts because X is also roman numeral for 10. :-\

I'd like to add this one to the list for Genesis:

5mile if you love lemmings
 ;)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »
Don't forget G1ued to the Goal! :D

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »
Konbanwa Lemming-san
Uh, no, unless you're pointing out that "san" as an honorific and "san" as 'three' are homophones in Japanese...

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »
I'll add some proper ones now.  :P

And then there were four...
We are now at lemcom one
Try anything once? (gen)
One way digging to freedom
Watch you step (part two) (gen)
Which one are you trying to get (gen)
Triple trouble?
Ozone friendly lemmings?? (not really)
Last one out is a rotten egg!
Move on in two seperate groups (gen)
Be more than just a number
Watch right or left (part two) (gen)
Two different worlds (gen)
All the SEGA levels (SMS)
Libra (part two) (gen)
None title? (gen)
Oh no its the 4TH DIMESION!
Everyone turn left (part two) (gen)
Two heads are better (gen)
Just a minute (part three) (gen)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »
Try anything once? (gen)
Triple trouble?
None title? (gen)

I guess it'll be up to finlay to determine whether such words count as "numbers".

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »
Heheheh, I think you've probably got most of these... a few missing I guess so I'll put it in spoilers if you want to look for more. Here's my full list:

Quote from: Spoiler

L1: Compression Method 1; A BeastII of a level; Just a minute (Part Two); We are now at LEMCON ONE; One way digging to freedom; Last one out is a rotten egg!; One way or another; Here's one I prepared earlier; All the 6's...; And then there were four....
[Bonus: If at first you don't succeed..; Triple Trouble – but I wouldn't normally count these.]
There are also two 2 player levels: level 12, The Crystal Cavern Mark II & level 20, We're in this one together

ONML: 24 Hour Lemathon; Oh no! It's the 4TH DIMENSION!; ROCKY VI; Five alive; Be more than just a number + 2 player level 9, One On One

XMAS: Four Play (Frost 10); 2 Minutes before midnight (Frost 13); Happy New Year II! (Frost 14); Rendezvous II (Hail 14); 32 Lemmings Below Zero (Flurry 10); Presents of Mind II (Blizzard 8)

L2: Two's Company.... (Egyptian 1); G1ued to the Goal! (Egyptian 2); 22934 (Outdoor 9)

L1-Gen: 5 miles if you love Lemmings (Fun 10); We are now at lemcom one (Fun 20); One way digging to freedom; Compression Method 1; Last one out is a rotten egg!; Two ponds (Mayhem 15); Two different worlds (Mayhem 18); A BeastII of a level; Just a Minute (Part Two); Libra (Part two) (Present 8); Watch your step (Part two). (Present 13); Which one are you trying to get? (Present 28); Everyone turn left (Part two) (Sunsoft 7); Watch right or left (Part two) (Sunsoft 22); Move on in two separate groups. (Sunsoft 23); Just a minute (Part Three) (Sunsoft 26); Two heads are better... (Sunsoft 27); Fall and no life (Part Two) (Sunsoft 30)

L3D: Hole in Ten (Fun 17); Attack of the Fifty Ft Lemmings (Fun 19); 3D - A Lemming Odyssey (Taxing 5); T Minus Five and Counting (Taxing 17); The Five Arches (Mayhem 1); Five Towers (Mayhem 8); Hole in One, Two, Three! (Mayhem 15)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2011, 02:50:12 AM »
Keep it going, this is a good thread! Anyone have any quiz questions they'd like to pose?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2011, 09:56:58 AM »
Here's a fun one that should inspire many wrong guesses (no cheating please):

What is the last level in Lemmings that is an "N of every skill" level?  How about ONML?
(using the usual level ordering, by rating and then by number)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2011, 01:09:53 PM »
Mayhem 3 (It's hero time) has 1 of each. The Mayhem Vgaspec level doesn't have N of each.
ONML is very likely Tame 20... I'm unsure about the skillsets of Wild 3 (builder level I forgot the name of) and Wicked 2 (Introducing Superlemming), and Wicked something (It's the 4th dimension).

-- Simon

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2011, 05:58:04 PM »
It's not Tame 20; at the very least, "On the Antarctic Coast" has 5 of every skill, and that's in Crazy. Also, I don't think it is that; I feel certain there is one later in the game.

As for Mayhem, again I feel certain there is one later than Mayhem 3 but I can't think which level it would be.

(gonna cheat now to satisfy my curiosity)

Quote from: Spoiler
OK, i've just looked it up, and I was actually thinking the correct answer for Mayhem and just didn't write it down because I wasn't certain. Poo. :XD:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
Hmm, I'm getting a distinct feeling that my question isn't getting a lot of participation, perhaps partly due to the nature of its answers. :-\

I'll leave that around a while longer to give people more time, but in the meanwhile, let's keep things rolling with a more productive question:

• Identify all levels in PC Lemmings and in ONML that have multiple exits.
let's start with that, and then when I have time maybe we can extend the question to cover more ports and more Lemmings games.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 01:12:40 AM »
X marks the spot = I've lost that lemming feeling
The Prison!
Pillars of Hercules
all 20 two-player levels

geoo: "Nnaaah, the challenge is hard. There's probably another hidden exit in Lost something." ONML should be easier to list, there's exactly one such level per non-Tame rating:

No Problemming
You take the high road
Down the tube
Synchronized Lemming
all 10 ONML two-player levels

-- Simon

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2011, 01:37:55 AM »
Is that it? it feels like it should be more... (oh no, I remember why: "Going Their Separate Ways" is the replacement for Tricky 21 on the Mac and it has two exits)

I'm fairly certain there are no other hidden exits anywhere, incidentally... I do remember specifically checking a few levels for it including Lost something.

As for other ports, here's the list for L3D:
Fun 12 - Alpine Assault Course (2)
Tricky 1 - Jelly Climber (4)
Tricky 2 - Which Exit? (4)
Taxing 3 - Let the Race Begin (4)
Taxing 9 - Which Trampoline? (2)
Mayhem 4 - Ski Jump (2)
Mayhem 5 - The Prisoner (4)
Mayhem 7 - Driving Range (3)
L3D is a bit different from L1 and ONML because frequently there are exits which are inaccessible, so it's unclear whether you can even exit the level using them – this is true of "Alpine Assault Course", "Jelly Climber", "Which Exit?" and "Which Trampoline?". Of the others, "Let the Race Begin", "The Prisoner" and "Driving Range" have three or four separate groups with an exit each, and it's made impossible for one group of lemmings to enter another's exit (somewhat like "No Problemming" – the only one from the original games with an inaccessible exit – "You take the high road" and "Synchronised Lemming"), and only "Ski Jump" actually has a choice between two exits (it's the difference between making a right-turner or a left-turner, though, not very important)... while in L1, all the levels with multiple exits had a straight choice between going to one or the other.

I quite like "Going Their Separate Ways" (not least because All the 6s is a bit disappointing and not very difficult) because it utilises a streaming technique by separating climbers who go to one exit and floaters who go to the other, which isn't a technique you see very often used in Lemmings.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2011, 02:08:18 AM »
Good job to Simon. 8) He answered first and has gotten it all, although technically, I specifically said PC Lemmings and there are no two-player levels in that version.

And yes, I specifically said PC version because I remember "Going their Separate Ways" on the Mac.  I probably should've made that a bonus question but then again, not enough people here who played the Mac version.

I noticed the same thing Finlay did when I compile the list, that the Lemmings ones actually provide multiple exits as choices for a single group of lemmings, while the ONML ones with the exception of "Down the Tube" are set up as one exit per group.

=========

I can come up with more questions, but I think I'll pass the ball to someone else for the next one, unless there's no participation.  I'll also post the answers to my original question (about N of everything) next day (ie. 12-24 hours from now) if anyone still cares about that. :-\

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2011, 02:53:58 AM »
I know the answer, but I looked it up, so I don't think I'm eligible. ;P

it's "The Fast Food Kitchen" – and I totally was thinking it might be the one but wasn't sure. Oh well. and I was right with "On the Antarctic Coast" for ONML

If nobody minds me asking the next one... can you name the other levels in ONML outside of Tame which have all 8 skills?