Author Topic: Lemmings on Old Computer  (Read 2094 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Lemmings on Old Computer
« on: June 02, 2012, 03:20:06 AM »
I recently got a Macintosh Apple from 1992. (and it works :o) It uses regular floppy discs (I think).
[Now I realize this is kind of a dumb question considering I started the 'versions of Lemmings' topic in the forum but] I want to know exactly which version of Lemmings can work on this computer? And I'll probably try to get a floppy disc copy off of ebay or something like that.
And what about the other games like Lemmings 2 or 3D?
I can post more info about the PC if necessary
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Leo

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings on Old Computer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
I have "BasiliskII" emulator on the PC and "Lemmings", "Oh no, more Lemmings", "Xmas Lemmings '92", "Holiday Lemmings '93" and "Holiday Lemmings '94" . Maybe "Xmas Lemmings '91" is also available for the Macintosh, but I can't find this one anywhere. And that's all, nothing else is available for the Macintosh. Oh yes, also some version of Lemmings games that works in two colors on the early models should exist. All games that I have, works in high resolution (648x480), not as usual on the other ports in 320x200. When I talking about resolution I must mention one interesting thing about Lemmings on the Amiga. Play area is at 320x(something), but 'icon' and 'mini map' area is at 640x(something). So, 'mini map' is much better than on the PC, Atari ST, Acorn Archimedes... etc (most other game ports of the same era). That seems to be totaly unnoticed by anyone, that's strange, isn't it?
So, back to the Macintosh, as I know, there is no "Lemmings 2" or "Lemmings 3D" available. "Lemmings 3D" is available for the PC, Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn. "Lemmings 2" is available for the Commodore Amiga, Atari ST, PC, Super Nintendo, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Acorn Archimedes, Fujitsu FM Towns and Nintendo Gameboy. Let me commend myself, I have all, here mentioned, ports of the "Lemmings 2: The tribes", and all of them works fine on the PC, thanks to the emulators (and all, except Gameboy port, works with the mouse). There is also "Lemmings Tribes" for the mobile phone, but it's not really "Lemmings 2" game. It's more similar to "Lemmings 3" (and it also works fine emulated on the PC).