Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 169769 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #540 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »
Further update to From the Other Side / Dr Strangelix: lowered starting platform and cut a hole in the wall, to remove backroutes found by Clam.

Also, added sparkles to the crystal water. Again, for Rhapsody in Blue, place this in the "simon" folder.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:34 AM »
the crystal water looks really nice Proxima  :thumbsup:

with the help of geoo and Clamspammer, we've made a fix for the backroutes to a lix lies down on broadway. I'll upload it later (I still need to work it out yet)

EDIT: still working on it. This is truly a tough one to keep out backroutes. I may have to alter the design drastically. Which may be alright because;
One reason for it's difficulty may just be in the fact that it looks so similar to that Christmas level which I got the inspiration from. but idk.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »
Solved Yuki, two different solutions to this one.
Also like Gomen a lot, not just the design, but also the shortage of builders that forces you to make use of good timing instead of entirely blocking off the crowd.

Attached is the latest version of Don't catch me.

I also had a go at fixing Broadway, it should eliminate the known backroutes, while my solution still works. You said your solution is slightly different, so I'm not sure whether that one works as well (I also cut down one walker, but that can be added again), and I don't know whether I've introduced some new backroutes somehow either.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 16, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »
Finally managed to solve the latest version of Rhapsody in Blue. One thing I was overlooking is the way I got through the left pillar, but there's more to it. Needs some pretty precise timing.

And even though they are pretty old, also had a go at Snowball battle and Impossible dream now.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 17, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
here's a simple one I thought of recently

edit--I had a look at your edit to broadway. I like it. That hump should rule out Clam's backroute.
The only other solution of mine I was referring to was;

with the added walker you could mine from early in the beginning (before the hump and trap two lix on the end with a blocker instead of using the large lump at the end to turn them around. I added that because I thought it might be too hard but I like it the way it is now- Clam and Proxima's backroutes are taken care of better.

I've also been thinking about making two levels- an easier one with Clam's route the intended.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 18, 2012, 12:20:57 AM »
Gomen ne and Snowball Battle: fine solutions, no problems there.

Impossible Dream: backroute, easily prevented by changing the 32x32 steel block just under the triangle to a 16x32. I've made this change on the easier version as well to keep the two levels identical in terms of terrain. Insane Steve, is this okay?

Rhapsody in Blue: one aspect is unintended. I've added a time limit to prevent this. The rest is the intended solution.

Yuki: left-hand solution is very close to the intended solution, some moves in a different order allowing you to use one less skill (bomber). I don't see it as important to prevent this. Your right-hand solution is clever and requires nearly all the skills, so I may leave this as well. I'll come back to it when I have more time and decide. (The obvious way to prevent the solution would be to slightly move the terrain; but I don't want to disrupt the 100% solution to the easier version.)

Solution to TM's new easy level attached. Nice use of the crystal water!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 18, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »
Here's one for the easy set.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 18, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »
I fixed the silly (silly on my part :() backroute for Exit stage right and used a trick a saw Clam 'invent' in another thread somewhere, a substitute for 1-way wall.

It doesn't look particularly neat but somebody that's better at that than I am can change it if they want.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 19, 2012, 12:11:18 PM »
Considering the lack of other digging skills, you can enforce bashing from the right without using steel at all, and this looks much better.

Oh, and this inspired me to make a new level  :D [EDIT: Removed; new version added to post below.]

And... we have fire!  :thumbsup: (Please place this in proxima, not proxima/tile.)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »
Buridan's Lix / We'll meet again updated to include the new fire object -- a purely aesthetic change.

Also, backroute fix for You only get one bash at it.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 20, 2012, 11:13:51 PM »
wow, really nice tiles you made Proxima  :thumbsup:.

I liked your input for exit, stage right and it  helped me modify it to my intended solution actually:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2012, 02:13:02 AM »
Here's a half dozen easier puzzle levels.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »
Solved 'You only get one bash', but my solution is pretty precision/timing-heavy, so I think I must be overlooking something.

Loving Steve's levels, I feel that this is the kind of levels that really got me into your Cheapo packs at the beginning.
My solution to 'Don't look back' uses some obscure behavior, but just realized that it works without it as well.
A bit of a shortcut to 'Waste not, Want not', might be intended though.
For Detour, I'm increasing the height of the wall from 6 to 7 with a builder, but again I see you can also use a miner there instead.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
Re-solved exit stage right, I rather liked the 100% 'challenge' on the earlier versions actually, but this version seems to work well in terms of enforcing the 'correct' solution.

I also solved You only get one, and I used a lot of timing-dependent moves too :-\. Quite a fun one to figure out nonetheless :)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »
After seeing Clam's solution, I found an easier one utilizing his main route, i.e. batting over the water (which I somehow didn't consider, I tried to brute-force the platform over the water route).
I haven't watched Proxima's solution yet, as I had some trouble with the level and therefore think the intended solution might not be that simple, so I want to find it myself, if you're going to fix the level.

I wouldn't really want my solution to be enforced in some level due to the massive precision (delaying the lix that gets batted by the digger needs multiple pixel precise moves and good timing). With an additional batter perhaps, but then it can be simplified, and I don't think it's that remarkable anyway.