Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 168992 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #645 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
Here's an alternative version of Metal City Mayhem, which you may prefer. One more floater, three fewer miners, one more steel piece. Saving the crowd is definitely easier now, but the intended solution now requires a little more precision elsewhere.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 19, 2012, 03:28:48 AM »
Here, have a level. Not entirely intended to have one strict solution, but you shouldn't be able to save too many more than the requirement. Name can be edited if any French speakers take offense  :P
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 19, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
Exasperating level -- in a good way, of course -- but I finally cracked it. (A couple of plausible routes that just fail, but you won't find out until the end; and the solution I found needs great accuracy twice to only just save a lix from the second and third entrances.)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 20, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »
Backroute to Cold Iron's Bound, solution to Merde (the order in which you take the entrances is definitely important, with the wrong order I clearly fell short of the number to save), and to the second version of Metal City Mayhem. Found it definitely more enjoyable than the first version, though ironically it was miners I usually ran out of in the first version.

EDIT: Now also solved the first version of Metal City Mayhem - very technical solution, and the time limit added at lot of unnecessary annoyance.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 20, 2012, 11:53:31 PM »
Excellent solutions; I'm happy to go with the second version and leave that solution in. Here's mine.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 21, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »
fix to cold irons bound. As a side note there is another backroute which Proxima found but I don't really know if it's easier or not.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 22, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »
I remade these two levels by namida.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 24, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »
Those levels look quite good in my opinion.

Anyway, I have another downloadable file available below this post. It features 8 more single player levels and 3 multiplayer levels (But I also intend to make these levels work in singleplayer mode as well, so they are all solvable).

I had a lot of free time on my hands within the past week. During this week I have decided to make (and have successfully done) a new graphic set. I will upload these files (Along with two more levels exclusive to this new pack) on a new thread.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 24, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »
Solved all the 1-player levels.

Almighty Sawblade: Definitely my favourite puzzle of the set, took me a long time to figure out though I had some skills left over. 2-player version looks interesting as well. Horrible background colour.
Descendants: Quite interesting, but, as geoo would say, brute-force solution.
Dude, where's my shovel?: Good easy level to introduce the trampoline object.
Grab your umbrellas: Visually awesome but really annoying to play.
Not too straightforward: It was. Solved with 7 skills.
Some like to run: Part 2 is excellent but not too hard, so having both parts seems pointless.
Take a dive: Backrouted using one of my favourite tricks, the interrupted basher step.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 19, 2012, 03:59:09 AM »
I'm changing "Transmigration of Lix" because it's too easy and not what I originally wanted. Also changing the title cause now I think it's stupid.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2012, 12:06:09 PM »
As mentioned in my separate topic, I'm working on remaking the original 2-player levels in Lix. Two of them -- Amiga Level 9, The Pipe Room, and its Genesis replacement, Now use miners and climbers -- stand out as visually pleasing or interesting, so I made them as 1-player levels as well. (They were also by far the most time-consuming to remake, so I wanted to get as much value for effort as I could!) The 1-player versions are extremely easy and could fill a couple of gaps towards the beginning of the lowest-difficulty set.

Solved Migration, with 100%. Do you need a replay?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 08, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »
And here's a 1-player remix of "May the craftiest player win". This one is not quite so easy.

I think, like the others, the 1-player version should have a distinct title (but connected to the original) and I'm open to suggestions.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:56 AM »
How about replacing 'win' with 'survive', since you need 100% meaning all the lix have to survive. Survival of the Craftiest? You still need to be crafty because of the low skill counts :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:10 AM »
Survival of the Craftiest
:thumbsup: Proxima seal of approval!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 27, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
getting back on task...

here are two brand spanking new levels. Also included is Lixes and motion once again with some alterations.

below that is the folder of most of my revised levels from earlier. (The only thing that's revised is my name and and a few small odd things) Plus my fix to eye of the needle with the thin steel. I frankly don't care too much about it--it doesn't look bad to me and I don't remember why I disliked it before.

-Hakuin Ekaku