Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 170069 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »
Cry for me v.2, and another one that I thought up in my sleep last night 8)

EDIT: Also, backroute fix on Toccata. By combining Clam Spammer's and geoo's ideas, a western route is still possible, but I'm okay with that.

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »
Remake of The Pit.

Replay for "Now this is fun".
Finally, someone gets an intended solution...

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:18 PM »
Got a solution to Torture Chamber, (already got it for version 5, but didn't get around to posting it, but it also works for 5a).

That's it. Only I messed up-I forgot about digging the blocker out, I wanted to use a basher, that's the reason for one umbrella. Maybe because when I try to do that on regular ground with lix walking toward the blocker it doesn't work. Anyway, I'm not sure there's a good way around this, I guess I'll leave it like that and get rid of the umbrella.

And I'll keep that in mind about renaming the levels 1,2,3 etc. I'll just write in the post if that's necessary. My folder's already a mess.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2012, 11:13:39 PM »
Anyway, I'm not sure there's a good way around this
Change the diggers into miners?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2012, 06:34:24 AM »
Finally got around to remaking Recycling Plant, using the Oriental set. It's probably a bit easier than the original L2 version, but I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out.

Solved the following levels, solutions attached:
Untitled Columns: Pretty bad backroute I guess, just brute force.
Ascending and Descending: That one was tricky, having only the basher to use. I wonder whether it's possible to solve the level having the top group just go straightforward.
It's all about survival: I can't seem to get around using some pixel-precise bomber timing here. I don't really like that, unless there's a way avoiding it. "Yellow Brick Road" is perfectly fine with me on the other hand, I got the first 3 bombers right at the first try.
Completely Ridiculous level: My solution to it is unexpectedly clean, actually. Saves some skills. Is the title final? :P
Now this is Fun: Basically the same as Proxima's solution, just slight differences.
Under the Rainbow: I really love the design of this one, using the colors and water/lava like this. Avoiding to drown when bashing under the water is a bit of an issue, but I guess it can't be helped, unless the check for the water trigger area gets changed, or I make some blue water pieces with no effect for instances like this. The 2 junction pieces at the bottom in the purple/magenta part should be moved 8 px down I think for a consistent look.
Hard to Port: Having the fall just 1 (low-res) pixel above the max fall distance makes things a little bit nicer. :)

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2012, 07:12:09 AM »
Avoiding to drown when bashing under the water is a bit of an issue, but I guess it can't be helped, unless the check for the water trigger area gets changed, or I make some blue water pieces with no effect for instances like this.
That's why I included the miner. My solution bashes where you mine and mines and bashes where you bash.
The 2 junction pieces at the bottom in the purple/magenta part should be moved 8 px down I think for a consistent look.
I'm not too happy with the purple bit anyway, so I'll hold off on fixing that until I have time to mess with it a bit more.

Completely Ridiculous is a backroute. I'll have to find a way to work in some steel without it being too ugly. The title doesn't have to be final, but I didn't even think that level would be taken seriously.

Here's my solution for Ascending and Descending. It's a bit different, and probably a bit more elegant except for the part where I got the placement of the stairs wrong.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
Wow, I wouldn't have thought that Ascending & Descending would have so many solutions!  :thumbsup: Here's mine.

Untitled Columns Level: Not entirely sure whether to class that as a backroute as this is meant to be only Tricky difficulty. I've attached my solution. I'll come back to this one and consider modifying it, which might also help with the precision in the sequel. Yes, at the moment it's rather worse than the Cheapo version -- that's because of the lack of the curved pillar pieces, and the pillars being exactly twice the width of a bomb hole. (Though if you make the builder a climber at once, you can do the bottom-left with three bombs, and the last pillar with one precision bomb, using the jumper to stop the bomber in the right place.) I'm not satisfied with how it's turned out, so I'll definitely do more work on it.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »
Here's two more. The first another remake of Pieuw's, a simple one. The next is one I worked on, it didn't turn out exactly like I wanted, but I think I just wanted too many things in one level. I'm happy with it. (once again, any suggestions to make it better are welcome)

oh, and I keep forgetting, you should change the original author of 'Too far to walk' to Martin Zurlinden. Interestingly, I looked at his level and noticed that he had steel peices that woul've prevented some of the solutions found here. I still want to keep mine the way it is though.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
Solutions to both. "Show of Hands" looks suspiciously backroute-ish.

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
Another probable backroute for Show of Hands, and fixes for Completely Ridiculous and Under the Rainbow.

edit: And here's a ripoff of a certain level from the original games.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 29, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
I can fix your two backroutes for Show of Hands... unfortunately there is another inherent problem with this level, I'm doubting whether it can be salvaged at all. I don't mind if it can't--there are plenty of other good levels to remake anyway, too many actually.
The challenges thread is giving me more ideas. :)

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2012, 01:03:49 AM »
Awesome to get the community involved more in lix, good call with this.  Lix rocks, its like special edition lemmings  :thumbsup:
With spare time here and there today at work i've been building a map, i'll finish it off tonight!

<------------- Took me this long to add an avatar, decided to do that just now lol.   That's the cartoon classics bundle for the Amiga A500+ which me and my brother got for christmas in 1993? i think.  It was such a huge success with lemmings in the bundle :)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2012, 02:19:02 AM »
Ok level finished.   Sending to geoo on IRC.

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:33 AM »
Here's a sand tileset level, since we don't have any of those yet.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2012, 04:52:11 AM »
Three more of mine. These are intended to be in the tricky or so tier of levels.

I'm going to start working on Fun levels and tutorials soon. As funny as a difficulty cliff would be, it's also probably a bad idea.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano