Author Topic: My new songs  (Read 9884 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
My new songs
« on: September 27, 2006, 07:08:35 AM »
Hey guys! I'm back again! Here are more Midis I've made. Most of 'em are from Lemmings 2:

Lemmings2Songs.rar

I'm still creating new midis about Lemmings, I like the musics so much of Lemmings, Oh no More, Holiday and Lemmings 2!

Enjoy! :laugh:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Re: My new songs
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:57:37 PM »
Ooh, I do like the Lemmings 2 music. In my opinion it was way better than the Original (and Oh No!) music. :smiley:

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »
o.O Wow. I only have one problem... All the volume of each one is in the right ear, but not the left. Which sounds weird and makes my ears go funny.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 03:55:17 AM »
Strange... It happens for all the songs?

I've clearly specified the instruments that go to the left PAN and the others that go to the right PAN. So, you should have instruments playing in the right ear and some in the left ear.

Something that I know is that when you finish to play a song, the panning options stay until the next song. Try to stop and restart the song. Which program are you using to read MIDIs?

Maybe I did put the volume of the instruments too loud... :embarassed:

Also, I just checked about the songs I sent and these that I sent a long time ago. I just realised that most of the songs I just sent are the same. Oops! Anyway, there are a few that are new.

Don't hesitate to post comments and suggestions to improve my songs.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 05:29:03 PM »
Uh, whether there's instuments in one ear or both isn't the thing. It's just I get most of the body of the song, the actual tune, in the right along with the louder instruments, and mostly percussion and padding in the left. Which is pretty jarring, to be honest.

I use WinAmp, by the way.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 06:29:12 AM »
Well... I tried to set the panning as the Amiga Mod files do. If you played a MOD under Winamp and that you set the Panning at left and right, you'll hear the instruments seperately. I wanted to do the same. But I can change it to be all centered if you want.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 12:53:41 PM »
Well, if you really want to keep them the way they are for tradition's sake, fine by me. I'll cope.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 07:44:45 PM »
Nah, come on! You said a comment (well, a problem) about my songs. So, thank you! I'll try to correct these to be much better to listen. This is what I want!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:52:28 PM »
o.O Wow. I only have one problem... All the volume of each one is in the right ear, but not the left. Which sounds weird and makes my ears go funny.

Let me guess, you use headphones, right?

Yeah, if I recall the original Amiga hardware has only speakers, and so the even though the panning of each sound channel is either hard left or hard right, it's not a big deal since being speakers, your ears will naturally catch a little bit of sound from both speakers.̆ (Let's call this phenomenon "crosstalk" even though it's probably the wrong technical terminology.)

Whereas with headphones, your left ear really only ever hears the sound from the left earpiece, so the panning sounds much more extreme than as heard on speakers.

Take a look and see if you can set up your Amiga MOD player to pan a little more intelligently for headphones.̆ If the MOD player is good, it should allow you to adjust the playback panning so that the left stereo channel still gets a little bit of the sound for the right stereo channel, and vice versa, in effect simulating the crosstalk you naturally get with speakers.̆ Then it would sound okay on headphones.̆ Your audio card driver might also have some setup software that can setup the same thing, maybe.

Or, maybe DragonsLover can fix the panning so it's not a hard left and hard right.̆ I don't remember how much control over panning the Amiga MODs allow.

[edit:  hah, trust me to read properly...I just realize DragonsLover is posting MIDIs not MODs.  Well, it will be up to him to change the panning in his MIDIs.  I suggest changing a 100% pan left/right to just a 75% panning to get the crosstalk while still maintaining a clear sense of stereo]

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 01:21:22 AM »
I'll do that then.

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 06:45:43 PM »
[snip]

I've clearly specified the instruments that go to the left PAN and the others that go to the right PAN. So, you should have instruments playing in the right ear and some in the left ear.

Something that I know is that when you finish to play a song, the panning options stay until the next song. Try to stop and restart the song. Which program are you using to read MIDIs?

Maybe I did put the volume of the instruments too loud... :embarassed:

Also, I just checked about the songs I sent and these that I sent a long time ago. I just realised that most of the songs I just sent are the same. Oops! Anyway, there are a few that are new.

Don't hesitate to post comments and suggestions to improve my songs.

Speaking of hesitation, they sure seem to at the end.  Otherwise, I think they would be mostly perfect!

Double U.
:tongue:

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 01:05:35 AM »
What? ???