Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256336 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2005, 09:36:12 PM »
I have another thing for good: The level design is actually pretty cool looking.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2005, 09:46:46 PM »
Guest, I was referring to the terrain (not the objects). Both of the side beams have different heights, and the platform that the exit lies on extends several pixels to the left more than the right. Also, the bottom bar on the right side isn't lined up so as to form a corner... it just looks off. Little things, I know, but they are still noticeable (maybe not in the screenshot).

I know about the (unfortunate) object placement limitation &#A0;:-(
(It actually makes it easy to place objects at times, though.)

Conway

« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2005, 11:53:58 PM »

JM04 Level 2 - Spiders

Save: 40/80
 Time: 50 minutes
 RR: 50
 Skills: 10 of all

Good: Fairly good design with the series of webs.

Bad: Easy even compared to the previous one. Can save 100% with just three bashers. Come on! This is slightly ridiculous.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2005, 12:10:40 AM »

JM04 - Level 3: Walking along Uranus
&#A0; &#A0;
80 Lems &#A0;
70% to save &#A0;
RR: 25
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 4 bomb, 3 block, 15 build, 1 basher, 2 miners

Good: Hm...

Bad: The terrain is stolen from Hubbart3.dat Level 9:
(If you got permission from Hubert and Bart I apologize.) But please, do make sure you ask the original authors and/or give credit if you choose to alter a level. This level is easy and pointless. You only need a couple builders to get over the traps... Plus, it's not as cool as the original "Storm and thunder"... I mean, those storm clouds make the level!

« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2005, 09:20:46 AM »
The level Spiders has got a good design of webs but it's too easy.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2005, 01:27:12 PM »
How do you save 100% with three bashers?  I can't see where that would work...

Conway

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2005, 01:36:45 PM »
The lemmings walk through the forward-leaning slopes.

tumble_weed

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2005, 04:18:56 PM »
Don't mind me I'm not reviewing any of his levels...I looked through them all and noticed a few of them, just like Hubart's, are ripped off from my levels...The one I am really pissed off about is JM09 - 6 Turn Around...my original level of that is what I think is one of my favourite levels I did...and that really annoys me.

and just incase you were wondering the following are also ripped off from me

JM01 - 1 Stalemate
JM05 - 7 Behing Black Eyes

not that I like either of my original levels of those...

actually I guess in someway its kinda flattering...sort of...

remember it's easy to make 15 level paks when you make levels like he does!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2005, 06:43:54 PM »
I looked through the rest of his packs, and it seems he also stole several levels from Insane Steve (end of JM14.dat, and some of JM15.dat).

The rest of his levels are largely changes to original Lemmings and ONML levels, stripped of any puzzle at all. He managed to turn "Five Alive" into "Only floaters can survive this"... Embarrassing!

Shall we boycott the rest of this pack? Trust me, we are not missing much if we do. The whole pack probably took 20 minutes to beat, and that's just because some levels take a few minutes to beat...

I'd rather move on to another pack than get stuck on this one due to lack of interest.

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2005, 06:50:08 PM »
That seems slightly harsh given that he's sorta a newcomer to level making.

However, that said, we can always argue that since most of his levels are copied off of other people's anyway, by reviewing other people's levels we kinda covered JM's too.  :devil:  Hey, 'tis what you get when you choose to imitate rather than create.  ;P

Conway

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2005, 08:01:36 PM »
Anyone mind doing one of my later ones? Maybe conway07.dat or later?

Failing that, one of Jaunjo's (Lemming 20's) packs. They're really tough!

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2005, 08:51:17 PM »
I think yours should wait, since we already reviewed one of your packs earlier.

Other than that I don't care, although I must say that level from Hubbart3.dat Shvegait presented kinda caught my eyes, so it might be fun to nominate that set for review just to see what else is in it.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2005, 09:04:34 PM »
Hubert and Bart's levels have some rather interesting and good-looking designs. They are not very difficult, but a few of them use some cool tricks, and most of them are fun to just look at. Hubbart3 is probably their easiest pack, though. I'd definitely recommend Hubbart2 and Hubbart4, but we can do whatever one anyone wants :)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2005, 01:37:47 AM »
Ah. See, when I read "Stole Insane Steve's levels", I thought the template for the levels was copied and the solutions changed a bit to make the level easier. I load the packs, though, and discover that the levels have REPLICA SOLUTIONS to mine, with only aesthetic changes. While the replica of "The Razor's Edge" had its solution changed somewhat [I.E., easied up completely], the replica of "It's Hammer Time!" is an EXACT ripoff of my level (With one minor alternate solution possible), and the replica of "The Nifty Fifty" has ONLY the same solution I intended in my original pack!

JM, just a point for you. If you want to make a level with the level template of the author, ask the author first, but when he gives permission, make the level different, solution-wise. It's not ok, in any plane, to take an author's level, re-make it in a different style, and pass off the original puzzle concept as your own. If you need help with level designing, a guide or something, ask me, and I can help you.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

tumble_weed

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2005, 02:20:21 PM »
yep...well I'm pretty much all for doing another set...

and I would like permission or at the very least...some notice that you're stealing my levels...

anyway that being side...I am fine with doing a Hubbart level pak...I haven't actually played through them yet...but the designs for most of them look brilliant!...

and maybe after his we can do a set of mine...but not TWPAK0.dat since that's my training levels.

If you want do TWPAK11.dat its my only set which is somewhat alright...I hate most of my levels. Looking back on them, a lot of them are complete crud...

I should make a pak full of my best levels :)