Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256336 times)

tumble_weed

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2005, 05:40:36 PM »
HAHA I just realised all you need is a builder and a basher :-/

oh and sorry for the delay...I am being held up by what can only be described as shear lazyness

Garjen00 - Level 8: "Floater's Round"

5 - Climbers
5 - Floaters
5 - Bombers
5 - Blockers
5 - Builders
5 - Bashers

Terrain set -  1
Lemmings - 20
Save - 100%
RR - 5
Time - 2 Minutes

Good: Symmetrical. I guess like the last level I reviewed this can be done in lots of different ways, and since there are 5 of most of the skills you could get inventive and create some interesting solutions. You could possibly send 2 scouts each one going a different direction, that would probably push this level up to maybe at least a tricky. You could even go as far as  getting 4 scouts: one to make a path building up to the exit, one building down from the top fire pattern, and the other two doing the exact same thing from the other side. :D

Bad: Easy.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2005, 04:04:15 AM »
Quote from: tumble_weed  link=1114567084/105#105 date=1120671636
HAHA I just realised all you need is a builder and a basher :-/

???

Huh?  How?  Is the fall height not high enough to kill the lemmings or something?

tumble_weed

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2005, 04:24:29 AM »
Let them all go into the bottom compartment...build up  to the top of the one way obstacle and then get a lemming to bash through the thin column...there's a possibility that might not work, but to me it looks like it should work (i haven't tried, just looked at the picture...

oh...and i'm talking about sharing a climber, right...not floater's round....so yeah

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2005, 04:48:34 AM »
You can get a builder to go up that high on "Sharing a climber?" It looks impossible... Maybe I'll try it...

About "Floater's Round", what do you mean by this:

one building down from the top fire pattern,

I guess I didn't find the level quite as easy as you did (Of course it is not very hard), but I played it a while ago... I don't see more than one real possible solution with one possible variant (which is nearly identical)... The builders are the limiting factor in this level of course... other tools are plentiful...

Well, moving on anyway (But I am still curious about your alternate solutions to "Floater's Round"):

Garjen00 - Level 10: Printing Press
&#A0; &#A0;
80 Lems &#A0;
98% to save &#A0;
RR: 1
Time: 9 minutes
Skills: 20 of each

Good: Nice level design. You have to think a little how to manage the four different groups. A good level to be at the last level in the pack.

Bad: Long and tedious, without any real puzzle to it.

tumble_weed

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2005, 04:54:27 AM »
haha don't worry, if I'm saying something completely wrong don't mind me!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2005, 05:04:35 AM »
OK. I just tried it, and it is only possible to get to the top of the one-way wall. There are more than 6 metal pixels above this (maybe 9 or so, didn't really count). So that way is impossible. But there are still other ways more obvious than the intended solution (or so I assume).

JM

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2005, 12:31:36 PM »
The level is not impossible to beat.But I found most of Garjen's levels too difficult to beat.

tumble_weed

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2005, 03:29:38 PM »
um so we gunna start the next set?

JM

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2005, 05:07:58 PM »
I don't know what the next set can be.Well if you can't think of what the next set can be you can also review my level pack JM04.dat

I'm sure you have played on the levels in that pack.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2005, 06:39:36 PM »
The level is not impossible to beat.But I found most of Garjen's levels too difficult to beat.

Of course it is not impossible... We were just discussing a possible alternate solution which is impossible.

If we are doing JM04.dat, I'll need to go make pictures (won't take long). Or does anyone have another pack in mind? I don't mind either way.

Conway

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2005, 07:24:03 PM »
I'm happy to do JM's pack. It seems easy enough!

tumble_weed

« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2005, 12:04:25 PM »
I don't really mind...but I don't think I actually have his levelpaks

JM

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2005, 05:56:43 PM »

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2005, 08:41:02 PM »
OK. I took the screenshots of JM04.dat and played through the levels. We'll be able to review this pack very quickly...

JM04 - Level 1: Deadfall

60 Lems  
83% to save  
RR: 15
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 5 climb, 5 float, 5 bomb, 5 block, 20 build, 10 mine

Good: Several ways to solve it.

Bad: Easy! Also, the center is asymmetrical, and some of the sides are uneven, which makes it look shoddy.

« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2005, 09:04:21 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/105#118 date=1120855262
Also, the center is asymmetrical, and some of the sides are uneven, which makes it look shoddy.

Well, part of that is Custlemm's fault (oir rather, limitation).  Since interactive objects' x-coordinates must be multiples of 8, and since the entrance and exit objects have close but not identical widths, I don't think there's any way to have the exit be above the entrance and centered at the same time.

The rest looks alright from the screenshot, though it's hard to tell.