Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256350 times)

tseug

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #1590 on: January 01, 2006, 10:16:27 PM »
I passed everything except 2 and 5. I was only 2 lemmings short on level 5. :P

EDIT: I'm done with the pack now.

Jazzem

« Reply #1591 on: January 01, 2006, 11:20:24 PM »
I've given 5 a good few go's, but I'm not progressing too well. You certainly have to be strategic about it.

EDIT: 73% :o

Super EDIT: 83% [smiley=laugh.gif]

Timb02.dat-Level 5: Lemming Tool and Die Co.
Number of Lemmings: 80
To be Saved: 75% (60)
Release Rate: 1
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 1 climber, 3 floaters, 2 bombers, 8 builders, one basher and one digger.

Good: A very, very challenging level that's bursting with originality. The building leaves potential for many solutions, and the player really has to think ahead about their actions. And for the most part, the scnery is excellent (I love the corroded metal!)

Bad: The lava overlap on the left looks awful, and the right side is a little barren.

Well done Timb, an excellent level there :)

Leviathan

« Reply #1592 on: January 02, 2006, 10:37:03 PM »

Timb02.dat-Level 6: Transmission interuption lemming
Number of Lemmings: 40
To be Saved: 80%
Release Rate: 25
Time: 7 minutes
Skills: 3 builders,1 basher and 2 miners

Good: A nice level to play with some cool scenery

Bad: Too easy for a 6th level in pack,level 5 is way much harder (can't beat it at all)

Jazzem

« Reply #1593 on: January 02, 2006, 11:26:14 PM »
Can't do level 5? Is it the execution of it, or coming up with the solution?

Leviathan

« Reply #1594 on: January 02, 2006, 11:40:17 PM »
I looked at the solution for level 5 in the hints file but I can't pull it of correctly.
If you'dd like you could send me some hints in PM :)

Jazzem

« Reply #1595 on: January 03, 2006, 12:18:42 AM »
Crikey, I just read the solution in the manual, turns out my route is completely different! Here it is nonetheless.

As soon as the first lemming falls out, make him a floater (You're pushed for time as far as saving the required lemmings goes, so give him his umbrella fairly close to the ground). Make him build as soon as he treks uphill, and he'll inevitably walk in the opposite direction. After his collision with the wall, he'll walk down the upward-spike. This is where precision comes in-I find it best to make him build about a quarter down, perhaps slightly more, so towards the middle edging upwards. If done correctly, he'll have gone just to the tip of the opposite spike. What you do next will depend on the lemmings reaction. If he builds into the spike and is clearly about to give up and walk leftwards, make him a builder immediately. If he doesn't however, and does the traditional shrug, then let him walk until he's facing left on top of the spike, and give him that ol' skill. Whichever way you took, simply let the lemming build. I find this a good time to work around getting the tunnel built, so make the next lemming to escape the trapdoor depths a floater.

This will be a multi tasking session, so be prepared to rush back and forth. Watch the building lemming, and when he bangs his head on the pole, make him build the bridge to the right. The builder's task now is to simply build a ziz-zag bridge that goes high enough until the plummeting lemmings have a safe place to land.

Whilst this is going on, we can't forget about our tunnelling lemming. As soon as the lemming is facing east on the left spike, make him dig onwards. He'll eventually come to the bottom, and when this happens make him bash until our so-called tunnel is complete.

Now the final task of our journey. This final bridge that lies in front of you is complete, and the lemmings are simply left to wander aimlessly on it. Well now we need to blow a lemming up! You'll need a bomber skill in hand, and some incredible timing. If you have any builder skills left, I advise you make him build leftwards on the already-complete bridge. It will slow his movement down, and since we want the gap to appear on the left side, it'll take the pressure off. Now once this has happened simply increase the release rater and enjoy your success!

Sorry, I went a little too in-depth :P

Conway

« Reply #1596 on: January 03, 2006, 01:04:32 AM »
Wow, I just read both and my solution was exactly the same as yours, Jazzem, except I built from the tip of the left-hand spike and built to the wall and back.

tseug

« Reply #1597 on: January 03, 2006, 01:10:17 AM »
My solution was completely different from the one in the manual and Jazzem's. There isn't any bomber timing, all the precision is with builders.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 03, 2006, 04:24:38 AM »
Man... :o  So much variation.

Leviathan

« Reply #1599 on: January 03, 2006, 11:27:11 AM »
I passed it and yet used another solution where the only real difficulty is timing one bomber to blow up a stair.

[highlight]Make lem 1 a floater and make him turn around.
When he turns around make him build at the very top of the spike,all the way towards the right.
Make another lem a floater and make him build onto the bars.Make the other lem a climber and have him climb up the bars.
When the lemming is on top of the bar,have him build to turn around and have him build one flight of stairs to the right.Now the other lems should have a safe fall height(falling from one stair onto the other).
At a given point make a lemming a bomber to blow up the stair that leads to the bar so all the lems can reach the left spike.
When a lem faces right,have him dig down (be sure not to make a gap for the lems to walk towards the fire) and bash to the right when 1 or 2 pixels of the floor remain.
[/highlight]

Jazzem

« Reply #1600 on: January 03, 2006, 03:50:05 PM »
Blimey, I don't think you realised quite what you created here Timballisto!

Still, it's a good thing, they all seem about the same difficulity to pull off (Although Levi's looks the easiest), so they're more multiple-routes then back-routes.

Leviathan

« Reply #1601 on: January 04, 2006, 12:56:09 AM »
Anyone up for level 7?

I finished every level in this pack except 3 so I can do level 8 :)

Any idea on the next pach we're reviewing?

EDIT:passed level 3 and yet found an easy solution without extremely precise bomber timing (saved 80%) :)

JM

« Reply #1602 on: January 04, 2006, 06:53:05 PM »

Timb02 - Level 7: Lemmings vs. the Steel Industry

Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 80
Release Rate: 50
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 1 climber, 1 floater, 8 builders, 4 bashers, 1 miner, 1 digger

Good: Nice tricky level that has got nice scenery

Bad: A bit too easy to be this far in this levelpak, it can be annoying placing that miner and the builders at the end

Jazzem

« Reply #1603 on: January 04, 2006, 07:30:50 PM »
I love that little gravity-defying piece of dirt right on the left :P So lonely!

JM

« Reply #1604 on: January 04, 2006, 07:35:40 PM »
I recommend we review Hubbart3 next.