Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256355 times)

Conway

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #1275 on: November 15, 2005, 01:09:43 PM »
How did you pass level 5, JM?

JM

« Reply #1276 on: November 15, 2005, 02:12:43 PM »
When the lemmings at the top start building keep clicking the digger on each until they start digging. Then when they reach the bottom of the steel terrain make them buildings, when they finish you can let them move 1 pixel then start again so keep doing this until they are above the tower and when they fall onto the tower make them dig in seperate areas at the right time. When they are down enough then make 1 a basher and the other a miner. The miner might not work on one side but it will on the other.

If this doesn't work I'll try and send you a screenshot  ;)

I'm still stuck on Level 6 and 7. Anybody passed them?

Just a note -- if you post a solution to a level on the forums, try to hide it in a way that the people who have yet to pass the level might not be spoiled by it. Thanks.

~I.S.

Leviathan

« Reply #1277 on: November 15, 2005, 03:39:33 PM »
This sounds more than my solution ;)

Could you edit your solution so that people who don't want to read it,can't read it unless they wanted to? (wingdings or something) :)

Conway

« Reply #1278 on: November 15, 2005, 05:14:05 PM »
Wingdings does work here, you know?
[edit]Bugger! Apparently it doesn't work in Firefox.  :-? Andi, can you do anything about it? Any chance of <span style="font:wingdings">HTML support</span> even?[/edit]

JM

« Reply #1279 on: November 15, 2005, 06:18:58 PM »
I just tried to edit the solution in wingdings but it didn't work. Thanks to Insane Steve for trying to anyway. Has anybody been able to pass Level 6?

Conway

« Reply #1280 on: November 15, 2005, 08:42:01 PM »
Oh, and JM, that's how I did it too. I just got confused by your review.

JM

« Reply #1281 on: November 15, 2005, 08:48:14 PM »
That's ok. Anybody able to review Level 6?

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Level Database
« Reply #1282 on: November 15, 2005, 10:41:13 PM »
Quote from: Conway link=1114567084/1275#1278 date=1132074845
Wingdings does work here, you know?
[edit]Bugger! Apparently it doesn't work in Firefox.  :-? Andi, can you do anything about it? Any chance of <span style="font:wingdings">HTML support</span> even?[/edit]

Here's another possible method...
Solution Warning - Text goes here!  Yellow text is really hard to read. ;)

Conway

« Reply #1283 on: November 15, 2005, 11:38:18 PM »
[edit]Especially in an edit box! ;D[/edit]

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 16, 2005, 04:36:57 AM »
I usually use either the Wingdings method to encrypt solution text, or I change the text color to white, so that it is only visible when highlighted.  Unfortunately, the second method only works half the time since the background color alternates between white and blue.

Another option with the new forum is to make the text yellow, then highlight it using the highlight tag, like this:

[highlight]Insert solution here.[/highlight]

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 16, 2005, 08:25:36 AM »
You can examine the forum's css to find out that the light blue background is color #DDE3EB (sample), but the yellow seems much better since it works even if the background color switches, as can be the case if posts were deleted.

Then again, with the new color scheme, even the light blue background seems light enough for white text to be difficult to read (
right?).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 16, 2005, 08:28:48 AM »
Oops, wrong background color. &#A0;Let's try again with the light blue background:

You can examine the forum's css to find out that the light blue background is color #DDE3EB (
sample), but the yellow seems much better since it works even if the background color switches, as can be the case if posts were deleted.

Then again, with the new color scheme, even the light blue background seems light enough for white text to be difficult to read (
right?).

JM

« Reply #1287 on: November 16, 2005, 11:02:51 AM »
I know how to change the writing colour. I get bored of plain black writing all the time.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 16, 2005, 03:09:38 PM »
Lol! ;D

ccexplore, you should notice that the background color changes all the time. One time white, one time blue! :D

I like the idea of LemSteven
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Level Database
« Reply #1289 on: November 16, 2005, 03:30:13 PM »
Quote from: LemSteven link=1114567084/1275#1284 date=1132115817
I usually use either the Wingdings method to encrypt solution text, or I change the text color to white, so that it is only visible when highlighted. &#A0;Unfortunately, the second method only works half the time since the background color alternates between white and blue.

Another option with the new forum is to make the text yellow, then highlight it using the highlight tag, like this:

[highlight]Insert solution here.[/highlight]
That looks like the best solution.