Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256296 times)

Conway

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #1005 on: October 23, 2005, 07:04:03 PM »
Hmm, you didn't mention how you saved the blocker or how you trapped the crowd. Here's how I did it:

Lem1 digs where he lands, Lem2 turns and climbs,
floats just before he lands. As soon as Lem2 is out,
RR=99. Make the digger bash out to the floor of the
pool, and the crowd won't die.

Lem2: Build on the very edge and bash to reach the
ceiling. Mine down and dig/build to turn him at the
right moment and mine into the pit to create a path
for the others. Bash if necessary.

If he built on the edge originally, he will climb
the wall and fall back down. That's what I did, but
it's probably possible for him to climb back up and go
around again in time.

« Reply #1006 on: October 23, 2005, 07:34:40 PM »
Those were both very similar, but they both seemed like they would be harder to execute and would take longer than my solution. Here goes:

#1 digs shortly after he lands so you don't have to worry about lemmings splatting. When #2 gets in the pit and turns around, make him an athlete. Make a lemming mine in the pit at some point to make a dent in the left side so that a climber won't be able to go up (Sort of a trick I guess). Set the RR to 99. After #2 turns around, make him build near the edge of the pipe. When the digger is close to the level of the bottom of the water make him bash (the water glitch). Make #2 bash through the pipe to get on the roofy thing. Make #2 dig 7 strokes roughly above the left edge of the exit, then make him build (The trick. The lemming will build on thin air and then turn around.). Shortly after impact, mine. Make #2 bash at the level of the bottom of the water. The crowd is saved and #2 climbs to the miner hole and then turns around and is saved. All with about 53 seconds to spare. The end.

Leviathan

« Reply #1007 on: October 23, 2005, 07:37:03 PM »
It's very simple how I contained the crowd:

You don't need to contain the crowd: the first piece of bubbles in the pool doesn't work completely.The blocker is released by a miner and all lems simply fall into the pool unharmed.Be carefull because the right set of bubbles does work.

« Reply #1008 on: October 23, 2005, 07:46:39 PM »
Whoa!! How did the Z-order of those bubbles get all the way up to 29!!? I don't know what the trap is supposed to do, maybe it was intentional to have the trigger area too high.

Conway

« Reply #1009 on: October 23, 2005, 07:54:35 PM »
Quote from: Leviathan  link=1114567084/1005#1007 date=1130096223
It's very simple how I contained the crowd:

You don't need to contain the crowd: the first piece of bubbles in the pool doesn't work completely.The blocker is released by a miner and all lems simply fall into the pool unharmed.Be carefull because the right set of bubbles does work.

Interesting . . . You might want to fix that, Isu. Unless it's intentional, of course.

Leviathan

« Reply #1010 on: October 23, 2005, 08:06:28 PM »
I've passed level 10 now too :)
It uses a very neat trick I also use in my "hang and no life" level for my new pack :)

The only level I can't pass from this pack is level 9...

« Reply #1011 on: October 23, 2005, 08:20:34 PM »

Isupck02 level 8 - Constructive criticism.

Save: 49/50
Time: 3 minutes
RR: 20
Skills: 2 climbers, 1 bomber, 4 builders, 1 basher, 1 miner, 1 digger

Good: Good scenery (Yeah, I know it's a remake).

Bad: Ummm.. this is way too easy for an 8th level. The hardest part is the small amount of precision.

« Reply #1012 on: October 23, 2005, 08:25:29 PM »
I got Reply #1000 and I didn't even notice!

---------------

Maybe we should review level 10 before level 9.

JM

« Reply #1013 on: October 23, 2005, 09:39:04 PM »
I think that's against the rules guest. You're supposed to review the levels of the pack in order.

« Reply #1014 on: October 23, 2005, 09:59:04 PM »
Maybe this could be an exception. Level 9 is hard.

Conway

« Reply #1015 on: October 23, 2005, 11:16:20 PM »
Has anyone even passed level 9?

JM

« Reply #1016 on: October 23, 2005, 11:20:14 PM »
Nope. Isu should hopefully have the solution for it. If Isu reads this can you please PM  me the solution to Level 9.

After this levelpak would it be okay to review GARJEN04.dat ?

Leviathan

« Reply #1017 on: October 23, 2005, 11:27:43 PM »
I can almost pass level 9 but I still miss one big piece of the puzzle...everything goes very well in the beginning but towards the end everything goes wrong :(

If you make 1 mistake in the level,you can start all over again.

EDIT: I'm sure I know the sollution perfectly,but it's EXTREMELY difficult to pull off.It starts with the first digger needing to be pixel-precise...and from then on everything should go fine untill towards the end...the second group of lemmings must meet the first group perfectly on time...
I'm sure I can pas it but I'm just way too frustrated to try it again right now...

Conclusions:the RR must be set perfectly,the first digger must be pixel precise and the rest of the diggers need to be set very accurately too...

« Reply #1018 on: October 23, 2005, 11:47:01 PM »
Quote from: JM  link=1114567084/1005#1016 date=1130109614
After this levelpak would it be okay to review GARJEN04.dat ?

We were going to review geoo89's pack after people had had enough time. Is that okay?

« Reply #1019 on: October 24, 2005, 12:14:01 AM »
Gah! 57%! Part of the problem is that custlemm sometimes doesn't assign skills after unpausing with the mouse button held down. I'll see if I can do it without relying on that.