Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256357 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #870 on: October 10, 2005, 11:26:19 PM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1114567084/855#867 date=1128981024
Out of curiosity, does Razor's Edge 3 use the 'push lemmings through wall with blocker' trick?

Conway, think carefully about the title... and look back at, erm, previous levels if you have to.

Quote from: JM  link=1114567084/855#868 date=1128981588
It doesn't use that trick. There's another trick for when you make a lemming a climber he can climb up the wall and without falling he just grabs onto the platform.

I'm not exactly sure what you're describing, but you shouldn't need this to save 70%. I'm guessing your trick is what lets you save one more, though.

JM

« Reply #871 on: October 10, 2005, 11:30:27 PM »
My trick lets you save one more :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 11, 2005, 02:16:56 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1114567084/855#869 date=1128985314
I have to play the level to see, but I would not rule it out as impossible at this point (ie. I think it could work), let's just say that. &#A0;I'll test it out when I'm off from work.

I have now confirmed that 80% is possible on that level.  Also, although JM's wording is slightly vague, it does match what I did, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about, in case there were ever any doubts. ;)

JM

« Reply #873 on: October 11, 2005, 10:12:41 AM »
That's the only way I was able to pass the level. I also passed the level after "NO MAS" . On the levelpak I'm basically stuck on the 9th level.

If anyone needs help on Level 7 and Level 8 just e-mail me at thetransplants2@hotmail.com then I can send you the hints :)

« Reply #874 on: October 11, 2005, 07:25:03 PM »

Isteve09 - Level 7: Requiem in a Minor

Number of Lemmings: 40
Save: 70%
RR: 50
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 3 climbers,1 floater,1, bomber,1 blocker,2 builders,1 basher,1 miner

Good: Uses a nice smart trick,miner creates a tunnel with basher below helping to create tunnel

Bad: If you could cut off 1 climber the level would be harder

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 11, 2005, 09:43:58 PM »
Hmmmmmmm, that's a backroute also -- I see how your route is done, but mine requires, at least if I remember right, all the tasks. Especially the 3 climbers.

It doesn't appear to be that hard to fix -- nor is fixing it going to be a aesthetic nightmare.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Conway

« Reply #876 on: October 11, 2005, 11:32:50 PM »

Isteve01 level 8 - ?

Save: 58/60
 Time: 5 minutes
 RR: 99
 Skills:
   Climbers: 1
   Floaters: 1
   Bombers: 2
   Blockers: 2
   Builders: 20
   Miners: 20

Good: Probably the best of the pack. A small and clever design that takes some thought to navigate. Also a strangely appropriate title.

Bad: The release rate doesn't need to be so high. It doesn't make it any easier or harder. Also, you can save 100% without too much dificulty.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 12, 2005, 05:51:03 AM »
Hmm, that trick in Level 7 looks familiar.

I once thought up a level using almost that exact same trick before I ever saw that level. &#A0;The level was much longer, though. &#A0;The miner/basher trick was just the second half of it.

The biggest difference between my trick and this one is that my idea placed the exit in a "room" within the wall. Once the basher and miner were finished, you had bomb about halfway up the miner's tunnel so that the lemmings would drop down into the "room" housing the exit.

Unfortunately, I don't have Cheapo or LemEdit right now, so don't expect a copy of my version anytime soon.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 12, 2005, 10:19:18 AM »
This may be very obtuse of me, but I really don't see how Insane Steve is proposing to fix Level 7; surely if it can be done with three climbers at all it can be done with two?

....but then, if his solution requires all the tasks, I clearly am missing something, because I have no idea what use the floater could be.

JM

« Reply #879 on: October 12, 2005, 11:17:57 AM »
I passed Level 7 using just two climbers. When the first lemming started to walk up the path the miner built i placed a builder, a few of the lemmings fell but I still saved more than 70%. I could save 75%.

Btw one interesting thing about Level 8 is that the terrain looks like a question mark. I saved 96% and I didn't use up all the miners and builders. Has anybody been able to pass the 9th level?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 12, 2005, 02:13:58 PM »
Quote from: JM  link=1114567084/870#879 date=1129115877
Btw one interesting thing about Level 8 is that the terrain looks like a question mark.

That's why the title is "?" :P

JM

« Reply #881 on: October 12, 2005, 04:57:51 PM »
Yep. Cool level.

Has anybody been able to pass level 9?

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 12, 2005, 06:05:23 PM »
Here is my intended solution to "Requiem in A Minor":

First lemming climb-bombs, somewhere below the exit platform, although this bomb has to be rather precise. Next two lemmings are also made climbers. First climber bashes, next is turned, builds to the exit platform, turns, and mines at a rather precise point. Basher is made a floater (not sure if this is required), and blocks almost immediately upon hitting the floor. Miner should mine into the blocker and turn, and free the crowd. One of the crowd needs to build to the other part of the tunnel before the miner fully breaches the floor (why you only need 70% -- if I put some steel there, the level could require 95%).

I could make another somewhat deeper water trap, like the one on the left, but deep enough to catch a basher that goes directly into the wall.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 12, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »
Aha!  :D

Conway

« Reply #884 on: October 12, 2005, 07:26:52 PM »
That's what I did originally with level 7, but later I found a solution that saves a lot more and doesn't require the basher.

Lems 1 and 2 climb, 1 bombs in the same place as in Steve's solution, 2 mines in his hole. At an appropriate time, appoint a climber to climb, turn back through the tunnel being mined, and build to the exit and turn. When he reaches the end of the tunnel (a step or two past the miner), make him block to turn the miner. If timed and placed well, the rest should be obvious . . .