Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256351 times)

Leviathan

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #735 on: September 27, 2005, 06:59:32 AM »
100% on level 4 is definately a backroute...could you PM me on how you did it?

I order my levels in such a way that the odd numbers are easy levels or short levels and the even numbers repreent harder,and/or longer levels.

JM

« Reply #736 on: September 27, 2005, 11:01:46 AM »

Levipak2: Level 3: Bridge over the mississippi

Number of Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 100%
Release Rate: 99
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 1 climber,20 builders,1 basher,1 miner,1 digger

Good: Cool scenery,suits the gold graphic set,has good solution

Bad: Level appears daunting and annoying after a few attempts to pass the level. Also the start screen is in the middle and it's supposed to be put at the entrance of the level.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 27, 2005, 11:05:01 AM »
I assume you're meant to use the 100% Cascade trick?

JM

« Reply #738 on: September 27, 2005, 11:15:46 AM »
Yeah you use the 100% cascade trick.

Leviathan

« Reply #739 on: September 27, 2005, 03:29:38 PM »
And,unless someone found another solution,it gets difficult at the end to manage a perfect direct drop :)

This is my first bridge level...I have another bridge level in my set which took very much time to develop :)

Level 4 is a lemmings 2 remake which I found that has a cool solution :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 27, 2005, 04:02:45 PM »
Direct drop should be pretty easy, since you'd be using the miner; but I really can't see why it's necessary to use direct drop on that level at all.

JM

« Reply #741 on: September 27, 2005, 06:41:31 PM »
Anyone managed to pass the fourth level?

Conway

« Reply #742 on: September 27, 2005, 06:44:44 PM »
Well I suppose you could float down beside the exit and do a little building work to catch the others, but there are no floaters, so I don't see how you could do it without direct-drop.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 27, 2005, 06:51:18 PM »
Oh, all right. Just from looking and guessing I thought the lemmings could drop onto the near corner of the platform without floaters; if you say so, I'll believe they can't.

Conway

« Reply #744 on: September 27, 2005, 06:54:23 PM »
Well it might be possible. I haven't tried it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 27, 2005, 07:17:15 PM »
No need to guess.  If you open up the screenshot in MS Paint and start sketching, you find that the lowest part of the stair that allows you to drop into the corner yields a drop height of 68.  Even on CustLemm the maximum is 66.

Of course, I haven't actually played the level yet, so maybe if you break open the stairway at a lower height and then build, maybe you can reach the corner that way with a lower drop.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 27, 2005, 07:34:33 PM »
No need to guess.  If you open up the screenshot in MS Paint and start sketching, you find that the lowest part of the stair that allows you to drop into the corner yields a drop height of 68.  Even on CustLemm the maximum is 66.

I can't do that when I'm at work, though :P

Of course, I haven't actually played the level yet, so maybe if you break open the stairway at a lower height and then build, maybe you can reach the corner that way with a lower drop.

With so many builders, I'd say it's certain you can. You can afford the builder to hit his head on the stairway above the break several times.

Jazzem

« Reply #747 on: September 27, 2005, 07:45:31 PM »

Levipak2: Level 4: Tension sheet, good idea

Number of Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 98%
Release Rate: 20
Time: 4 minutes
Skills: 1 climber, 1 floater, 3 builders, 1 basher, 1 bomber, 2 miners, 1 digger

Good: Well designed level with a solution you do have to think about. The settings are spot on too, with the right number of skills and the strict but not near-impossible time limit.

Bad: Level is easy overall (Especially once you know the solution), and it should really be set a little bit earlier in the pack. The title isn't all that.

JM

« Reply #748 on: September 27, 2005, 08:28:44 PM »
I already think I know the solution to the level. I have tried to pass Level 5 but failed despise being given the solution. Level 4 basically has good scenery.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 27, 2005, 08:32:15 PM »
Bad: Level is easy overall (Especially once you know the solution)

Isn't that the way it should be? I would hope the level wouldn't get harder once you know the solution :P
Earlier in the pack? Isn't it already just level 4?

Levipak2 - Level 5: Yeah right...you wish!

80 Lems  
97% to save  
RR: 1
Time: 1 minute
Skills: 1 floater, 1 bomber, 3 builders, 1 miner, 1 digger

Good: If you're not careful, you'll be tricked into thinking the level is impossible! Good trick, design, title, etc.

Bad: One of the final moves requires a certain position, which is not necessarily apparent. (If you've passed the level you may know what I mean.)