Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256330 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #615 on: September 20, 2005, 07:39:47 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1114567084/600#610 date=1127243224
Timb04 - Level 1: I think we forget something

I think you mean Level 2?

(Sorry, I'm having a little trouble with DOSbox, I'll get the picture up as soon as I can)

No, that's unnecessary. All of the screenshots for all reviewed packs are hosted at http://www.jx3.net/tdg/shve/levelpics/ <pack name>/<level number>.png

Use the [img] tags surrounding the picture's filename.

So the picture for level 2 would be:

[img]www.jx3.net/tdg/shve/levelpics/timb04/3.png[//img]

(But only put one slash in the last tag.)

ccexplore: Yep, LemEdit lets you specify a release rate of 0. Several other levels that have been reviewed also used this release rate. Seems kind of pointless... Is there even a difference between 0 and 1? I know most release rates aren't unique in Lemmings. 98 and 99 are identical for example. I had thought it was every pair of numbers, but I'm not sure.

JM

« Reply #616 on: September 20, 2005, 07:48:18 PM »
87 and 88 are identical. I haven't been able to pass the second level of the pack yet but I hope to in a bit.

Jazzem

« Reply #617 on: September 20, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/615#615 date=1127245187

I think you mean Level 2?

No, that's unnecessary. All of the screenshots for all reviewed packs are hosted at http://www.jx3.net/tdg/shve/levelpics/ <pack name>/<level number>.png

Use the [img] tags surrounding the picture's filename.

So the picture for level 2 would be:

[img]www.jx3.net/tdg/shve/levelpics/timb04/3.png[//img]

(But only put one slash in the last tag.)

ccexplore: Yep, LemEdit lets you specify a release rate of 0. Several other levels that have been reviewed also used this release rate. Seems kind of pointless... Is there even a difference between 0 and 1? I know most release rates aren't unique in Lemmings. 98 and 99 are identical for example. I had thought it was every pair of numbers, but I'm not sure.

Done and done, although you put a 3 instead of a 2, which I had to change due to it showing the third level instead!

So who's going to do level 3 then?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 20, 2005, 08:10:42 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1114567084/615#617 date=1127246796
Done and done, although you put a 3 instead of a 2, which I had to change due to it showing the third level instead!

Sorry  :-[ I haven't had much sleep past couple of nights...

Or... I did it on purpose... so you would learn! Yeah... that's it... :P

Jazzem

« Reply #619 on: September 20, 2005, 08:17:37 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/615#618 date=1127247042

Sorry  :-[ I haven't had much sleep past couple of nights...

Or... I did it on purpose... so you would learn! Yeah... that's it... :P

Well, in the highly unlikely even that that is the truth, I failed your test :P

No problem though, just as easy a mistake to make as my Level "1".

Has anyone else passed level 2? I'll wingdings my solution if any of you want it.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 20, 2005, 08:47:22 PM »
You think that level is challenging?  Cool!  And here I was thinking that it would be a little too easy.

Jazzem

« Reply #621 on: September 20, 2005, 09:09:17 PM »
Well, I certainly had to think about how I'd do it, although it was easy to pull off.

I'll post my solution, but, err... how do you make a piece of text wingdings on here?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 20, 2005, 09:23:40 PM »
click on the red letter 'A' in the post window.  It should put in some brackets with the word font in it and a font name.  Type in webdings in replacement of the font name already there and type the solution between the font tags.

Jazzem

« Reply #623 on: September 20, 2005, 09:27:18 PM »
Thanks! Here it is then.

When the first lemming in the top-right corner goes right next to the left-side wall, set him to a builder so he makes one step, and then leave these lemmings for the moment. Instead, turn your attention to the one below, and make him build a wall going up to the right wall from his starting point. Then, when he\s finished, start building towards the gap in the brick wall closer to the centre of the level, and make sure you start fairly low down your ladder. Then, when the lemming goes just to the left of the gap, he\ll stop building. Click him when he starts walking left, and repeat this with timing so he goes into the gap, and carry on clicking so he builds up something of a replacement for the wall. Now back to the two lemmings. When one walks onto the step we made earlier, set him as a basher. He\ll bash through the wall, with a line of a one-pixel width just below him. He\ll carry on through your replacement wall without stopping, freeing the builder lemming in the process, and will bash until the end, swiftly avoiding bashing into the iron. Et voila! Three rescued lemmings.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 20, 2005, 09:38:03 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/615#615 date=1127245187

That's correct, the game (at least the PC version) treats every pair of RR numbers identically, so 98 and 99 are equivalent, 96 & 97, ..., 0 & 1.  This is clear from the calculation the game's programming does with the RR.

And if I recall correctly, the game doesn't respond to lowering RR when the RR is already at the initial RR, so it's not like you could go below 0 either.  Thus I think initial RR 0 and initial RR 1 are completely equivalent.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 20, 2005, 11:15:59 PM »
Oh well.  I like to think that they're different anyway somehow.  They're different because it makes the levels different.  Sometimes I use 0, sometimes 1.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 20, 2005, 11:20:56 PM »
Although it doesn't affect the lemmings, there's certainly a visual difference, since the value "0" is displayed as a blank in the skills toolbar.

I can imagine for example that a "nuking" level with no skills can benefit from an initial RR of 0 so that every number in the toolbar is blank, while a 1-of-everything level would prefer an initial RR of 1 to fit with the rest of the number of skills.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 21, 2005, 06:47:19 AM »
I was just thinking it would be cool to emulate that in Cheapo, by putting a blank for the zero digit in the style........ only trouble is that then, for instance, 90 would show up as 9-blank, but that's a minor drawback :P

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 21, 2005, 09:27:33 AM »
well then maybe we should have the double zero as a blank somehow.  When an amount of skills reaches 0 then the textfield goes blank or something.  I don't know what language Essman is using or anything but I hope that helps.  Why not put that in the suggestions for the new cheapo game?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 21, 2005, 09:59:50 AM »
I already did, a long time ago; my post was just referring to the current Cheapo.

And it's not just double-zero equals blank, it's also the numbers one to nine that Cheapo displays at 01 to 09 instead of blank-one to blank-nine.