Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256315 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #570 on: September 16, 2005, 07:10:48 PM »
Consistency maybe?  I've done that and I've seen others do that.  I think it could also be to confuse people and make them wonder about possible glitches with bombers that might achieve what they want.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 16, 2005, 07:41:01 PM »
It HAS to be consistancy. I've made many 1 of each task levels that require 100%, and gives you the bomber because you get one of everything else.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #572 on: September 16, 2005, 07:51:20 PM »
On levels that require 100% to be saved I'm always wondering why some of them have bombers. That's the only thing I could say about Level 6 Why do we want bombers if we have to save 100%. Thanks Tim and Steve for the information hehe. I've probably made levels that require 100% and have bombers in the tools.

Conway

« Reply #573 on: September 16, 2005, 09:43:35 PM »
It's the same with levels that give more climbers, floaters or bombers than there are lemmings. And I'm sure there are many 10-or-20-of-everything levels in the original game where only a few can die. It doesn't mean anything. It's just there to even out the skills, or something.

Now, has anybody passed level 7 yet? That one has been bugging me for days! The solution is fairly simple, but it takes some awesome multi-tasking skills to pass. I'm still getting there.

JM

« Reply #574 on: September 16, 2005, 11:05:29 PM »
It's bugging me now. If somebody has the solution to it I want them to PM the solution please. The levels further on bug me too.

Conway

« Reply #575 on: September 17, 2005, 12:04:46 AM »
Well, after countless attempts over the last few days I have finally beaten level 7. Here goes:

Twbestof level 7 - Three Times the Fun
 Save: 30/30
 Time: 1 minute
 RR: 30
 Skills:
   Climbers: 30
   Builders: 10
   Bashers: 10

Good: Simple solution, very difficult to execute. Perfect time limit and number of skills. This is why I love multi-tasking levels!

Bad: Can get quite annoying to keep trying over and over.

Also, and this is a purely technical observation, the uppermost exit top causes the game to crash when you scroll to or from it, because it is above the top of the screen. But I guess that's a problem with the game rather than the level. This level itself isn't affected by it since it's all in one screen and you don't need to scroll.

edit: Shvegait, the image ain't appearing. :???:

JM

« Reply #576 on: September 17, 2005, 10:08:41 AM »
Well done Conway  B)

You've passed Level 7 Good job. Level has got a good solution you're right. The exit above didn't seem to crash the game for me. Multi-Task levels are a good choice. They always rock  B)

tumble_weed

« Reply #577 on: September 17, 2005, 01:27:07 PM »
With the added bomber, yeah its for consistancy, i know its rediculous to use it, but it looks nicer having a bomber there, and it obviously can't hinder the level by creating any backroutes so its just there.

Thanks...haha a lot of my levels are multi task, I remember when i was testing that level...wow, took me ages to get it right as well. The original version of this level was slightly easier and I made it a bit more complex for the best of pack.

JM

« Reply #578 on: September 17, 2005, 03:16:15 PM »
I got past Level 8  B)

Twbestof - Level 8: Multiple Choice

Number of Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 71%
Release Rate: 50
Time: 1 minute
Skills: 2 of each

Good: Level split into four segments,level challenging and is a multi-task level.

Bad: 71%? I saved 72%. Also the level is annoying after a few attempts to complete the level fail and the traps on Block D don't work. Hmmm I'm not sure what else is bad about the level.

Conway

« Reply #579 on: September 17, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »
I still haven't figured out level 8. There is clearly one group that can't be saved, since you need less than 75%. A needs a basher, and D needs two, so I can't save both A and D. B needs a builder, and C needs two, so I can't save both B and C. So how am I supposed to save three groups?

:???:

JM

« Reply #580 on: September 17, 2005, 05:13:56 PM »
I used 2 blockers and 1 basher on A,2 builders on B,2 floaters on C,2 diggers and 2 miners and and 1 basher and 1 bomber on D. I also set release rate to 99 sometime after start of level. Tell me if you pass it.

« Reply #581 on: September 17, 2005, 06:46:57 PM »
When I played it I took advantage of the trap problem in D. The time limit is really what makes it a challenging level, it's perfect. I'd say it is one of the best multi-task levels I've played.

JM

« Reply #582 on: September 17, 2005, 08:58:30 PM »
Good level. I love it. Has anybody been able to pass Level 9?

Jazzem

« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2005, 09:58:40 PM »
Erm, sorry to butt in rather randomly, but where are you getting these packs from? I want to join in on the reviewing rampage!

« Reply #584 on: September 17, 2005, 11:20:33 PM »
Most of them can be found here.