Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256354 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #510 on: September 11, 2005, 02:23:22 AM »
Yeah Conway, I agree, but JM's solution to Level 8 was what you know *can't* work (well maybe you don't remember, it was a long time ago when you played it :P )

ISteve07 - Level 2: _-=/Up In The Stars/=-_

80 Lems  
90% to save  
RR: 1
Time: 9 minutes
Skills: 5 climbers, 1 bomber, 30 builders, 10 diggers

Good: Cool scenery, you have to use diggers to "bash", you can tackle a few of the obstacles in several ways, and you can save 100% :)

Bad: Well, it's a bit long I guess, with lots of building.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 11, 2005, 06:21:01 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1114567084/495#507 date=1126400776
&#A0;And I don't think you can call it spam if somebody found a level easier than most, or if they found a backroute. It is spam, however, if a level is reviewed by somebody who has not passed it, since it goes against the rules of the game.

Unfortunately, there aren't very good ways to tell whether someone has really passed the level or not.  It so happens that recent events indicated that there are some suspicions about someone's easy "solution" to a particular level.

Note that I never said to ban reviews that discover backroutes etc., I merely said reviews that are inaccurate.  I know there's little basis at this point for ISteve to actually take the drastic actions I mention, but I do want to underscore that inaccurate reviews are not appreciated and should be regarded as contemptuously as spam.

JM

« Reply #512 on: September 11, 2005, 12:57:11 PM »
I think I did complete Level 8 and 10 of shveg01.dat ages ago and it was the old version. You can't always tell if somebody has passed a level or not. You can try passing JM16.dat which is my newest levelpak. That is supposed to be my bestest levelpak I created. JM17.dat is still being worked on.

I beat Level 3 of Isteve07.dat and now I can review it  ;P

Isteve07 - Level 3: Four pillars and a trap

Number of Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 95%
Time: 4 minutes
Skills: 1 of each

Good: Has a good solution and cool decoration

Bad: Takes 2 minutes to complete and RR is too low

« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2005, 05:40:23 AM »

Isteve07 - Level 4: The Annoying 1-pixel Gap

To be saved: 90%
RR: 20
Time: 8 minutes
Skills: 10 of everything except builders.

Good: Plenty of room for error. Nice use of bomber timing, not too easy and not too hard. Possible to save more than required.

Bad: Time limit, I finished with well over two minutes left.

JM

« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2005, 10:49:50 AM »
I finished the level with a minute left. The first few times I played this level I didn't know how to play it.

I'm checking the next level. I don't know what A JUGAR! means

Isteve07 - Level 5: A JUGAR!

To be saved: 40
Skills: 2 climbers,2 floaters,2 bombers,5 builders,3 bashers,3 miners

Good: A nice challenging level with a good solution

Bad: Time limit,took me 3 minutes to complete the level and I saved 41/80 Lemmings

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2005, 02:15:18 PM »
"&#A1;A jugar!" means "to play" in Spanish. It might mean something slightly different when it's just by itself as an exclamation.

JM

« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2005, 04:19:15 PM »
Thanks Shvegait!
The Name suits the level although it took me a few tries to complete
Has anybody passed the 6th level of the pack?

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2005, 04:43:23 PM »
A+infinitive, in Spanish, usually means "Let's [verb]!" As a sort of informal commandish thingy. At least, I THINK that's how it works.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Conway

« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2005, 06:03:53 PM »
Quote from: JM  link=1114567084/510#514 date=1126522190
Bad: Time limit,took me 3 minutes to complete the level and I saved 41/80 Lemmings

I did it in about 2:30 and saved 52.

(Ha-ha! My backroute-finding days are back! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :devil:)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2005, 06:11:12 PM »
I know that over 50% is possible in 7.5, although I don't think I've ever managed 65%... you said it was a backroute?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2005, 06:12:25 PM »

Isteve07 - Level 6: Surrealism

Number of Lemmings: 70
To be saved: 90%
RR: 70
Skills: 1 floater, 1 bomber, 1 blocker, 3 builders,3 bashers,3 miners, 3 diggers

Good: Title matches very well ;) ; A random looking level which isn't actually that random (at least I think it's not planned to be); gives some room for error
Bad: Not really hard (I went the way under the webs; if it is a backdoor, I call simply this fact as bad ;))

About level 4:
Good: Plenty of room for error. Nice use of bomber timing [...]
Bad: Time limit, I finished with well over two minutes left.
I wonder where you used bomber timing; I just used the climber bomb (and I wouldn't call it 'timing').
Did you use it to pass the 'vertical one-pixel gap' at the top? EDIT: I just noticed that it seems to be intended to use a second climber bomb. I passed the 'vertical' gap at the top using a complicated method with bashers, miners, diggers and blockers to get up there.
Also, using direct drop is possible, which saves a lot of time.

Conway

« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2005, 06:26:37 PM »

Isteve07 level 7 - Annoyance (part 2)
 Save: 10/10
 Time: 8 minutes
 RR: 99
 Skills:
   Climbers: 1
   Bombers: 2
   Builders: 2
   Bashers: 1
   Diggers: 2

Good: A nice deceiving design. A unique level where you have to realise what not to do and just play it simply.

Bad: Why do we need 8 minutes?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2005, 07:09:02 PM »
Quote from: geoo89  link=1114567084/510#520 date=1126548745

Isteve07 - Level 6: Surrealism
Good: Title matches very well ;) ; A random looking level which isn't actually that random (at least I think it's not planned to be); gives some room for error

Have you tried to change the graphic set? I'm curious to see if the level was made before in a different graphic set, then changed here and modified a little bit.

Because... changing the graphic set of a level by keeping the stats gives a new strange level to play and is more challenging! Have you tried sometimes? ;P
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2005, 07:25:24 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1114567084/510#522 date=1126552142
Have you tried to change the graphic set? I'm curious to see if the level was made before in a different graphic set, then changed here and modified a little bit.

Because... changing the graphic set of a level by keeping the stats gives a new strange level to play and is more challenging! Have you tried sometimes? ;P
That's a funny idea.

And yes, indeed, you're right: It's Tricky 1 "This should be a doddle!"
Some slight terrain/object changes, and the skills changed.

JM

« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »
I thought Surrealism was a hard level to complete. I now know how to complete it and will have an attempt to do it later. I think I know how to get past Annoyance (Part 2) . It indeed is true if you open up Surrealism in Lemedit and change the terrain set to the dirt graphics it is Tricky 1: This should be a doddle. I remember doing that ages ago when I was looking through several levels I downloaded. I think I have a level similar to Surrealism. JM16 - Level 2. I changed the terrain set to the Pink graphics. I might do that with another level someday and do a bit of editing. I hope Insane Steve doesn't mind me opening up a level from the Original Lemmings,changing the terrain set and doing a bit of editing.