Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256302 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #495 on: September 09, 2005, 11:26:19 PM »
OK. You can find it at http://www.jx3.net/tdg/shve/shveg01.dat
(Last Updated May 1st)

Though I think the only two people to play an older version of this pack were JM and Conway :P

JM

« Reply #496 on: September 09, 2005, 11:32:52 PM »
Is shveg04.dat still being worked on?
I'd love to try out that pack

« Reply #497 on: September 10, 2005, 12:18:46 PM »
I can review level 9

Shveg01 - Level9: a stitch in time saves nine...

Number of Lemmings: 54
To be saved: 9
RR: 99
Time: 2 minutes
Skills: 1 of each

Good: Level can be completed on time

Bad: Level not too hard

JM

« Reply #498 on: September 10, 2005, 03:52:59 PM »
I'll go ahead and do Level 10

Shveg01 - Level 10: Hit the slopes!

Number of Lemmings: 60
To be saved: 90%
RR: 50
Time: 1 minute
Skills: 2 floaters,1 bomber,5 blockers,1 builder

Good: Nice scenery and good set of skills

Bad: level isn't too hard as it's the last level of the pack

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 10, 2005, 04:13:11 PM »
Hmm. Could you post or PM your solutions to these levels? They're probably backroutes, because 8, 9, and 10 are supposed to be the hardest levels in the pack, but the bad thing about them was that they were pretty easy (although JM's solution to Level 8 does not work! I'm still in disbelief that your solution actually worked...). So if there are backroutes, I'd like to know about them so I can eliminate them...

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 10, 2005, 04:55:47 PM »
Yep. I had a bit of a chuckle at how many of these levels were supposedly "easy" -- 8, 9, and 10 took me a while, all of them, and I can't say I remember the solution to any of them offhand.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 10, 2005, 06:23:50 PM »
Quote from: Insane Steve  link=1114567084/495#500 date=1126371347
Yep. I had a bit of a chuckle at how many of these levels were supposedly "easy" -- 8, 9, and 10 took me a while, all of them, and I can't say I remember the solution to any of them offhand.
Well, I have to say, I reviewed a level of those because I like the style of the levels, expecially the short ones.
Actually I wanted to review more than just one, but unfortunately I hadn't so much time to play them and the only one I solved quite quickly was Level 7. (I have to say, it's the only one I solved yet. But for a few of the others I think I know how to do it though.)

Conway

« Reply #502 on: September 10, 2005, 09:37:45 PM »
Wow, I have been away! I don't know how many packs have been reviewed since I last posted. So which one are we doing next?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 10, 2005, 11:37:13 PM »
Only Timb03 and Shveg01 have been reviewed since your last post... with a loooooot of discussion of stuff in between  X_X

Let's see, we could review one of Dragonslover's packs (Mikepak) or one of Tumble Weed's packs.. we could do a second pack from Insane Steve, or Conway, or Garjen.. Anyone have any requests?

JM

« Reply #504 on: September 11, 2005, 12:02:46 AM »
TWPAK11.dat or Isteve07.dat are good choices.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 11, 2005, 12:14:38 AM »
Quote from: Insane Steve  link=1114567084/495#500 date=1126371347

Well, as Moderator, you can ban or remove reviews that are inaccurate.  Inaccurate reviews do a disservice to the level designer and people who might try the level, and therefore are about as good as spam.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 11, 2005, 12:50:42 AM »
Hmm, since JM had played an earlier version of the pack, he may have used a direct-drop backroute to Level 10 (no longer possible), and thus concluded that the level was easy. Or, maybe he really did figure it out right away and managed to pull it off easily... He has yet to post/PM his solution so I don't know.

However, I am fairly confident that JM did not pass Level 8. This level is the red flag for me as to whether someone has actually played through and passed the levels or just thinks they know what the solution is. If you've played and passed the level, you know what I'm talking about.

For MC Marshy's review of Level 9, it could very well have been a backroute, I can't really comment without more information, but I found it funny that the only good thing to be said was that the level is possible (shouldn't that be a given?) :-(

One rule for this thread that maybe should be brought up is that you cannot review a level unless you have beaten it! (As in you got enough lemmings in the exit(s) to pass the level...) It seems obvious enough, but I have a suspicion that this hasn't always been followed. (Exception: the level is verifiably impossible. We haven't run into one of those yet, and likely won't.)

Conway

« Reply #507 on: September 11, 2005, 01:06:16 AM »
Insteve07.dat looks good, but my version seems to be corrupt! Anybody have a download?

And I don't think you can call it spam if somebody found a level easier than most, or if they found a backroute. It is spam, however, if a level is reviewed by somebody who has not passed it, since it goes against the rules of the game.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 11, 2005, 01:07:46 AM »
Ok, IS07 will work just fine.

As for the download, My Useless Website has all my LemEdit packs, not corrupted. I don't think they are, at least.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Conway

« Reply #509 on: September 11, 2005, 01:20:06 AM »
Cool thanks!

Unless anybody has any objections, shall we do Insteve07.dat?

Isteve07.dat level 1 - Give a Little Bit of Help
 Save: 48/60
 Time: 5 minutes
 RR: 1
 Skills:
   Climbers: 2
   Bombers: 3
   Blockers: 2
   Builders: 4
   Bashers: 2

Good: A neat little display of the famous climb-and-bomb trick.

Bad: Not very challenging when you know the trick. (However, still good to start the pack.)