Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256302 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #465 on: September 08, 2005, 06:32:56 PM »
Yes, JM, please do edit your post! At least put it in Wingdings if you wish. The solution isn't completely obvious to everyone at first glance.

JM

« Reply #466 on: September 08, 2005, 06:39:13 PM »
It's been edited. Give me the link to Wingdings please.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 08, 2005, 06:42:30 PM »
Enclose your message in these tags:
[*font=Wingdings]

[*/font]

(Get rid of the *s though. Just needed to put them there so they wouldn't be treated as tags.)

If you don't have the Wingdings font, you can probably get it somewhere. But if you're running Windows, you already have it. (Incidentally, if you don't have it, you can probably read all the solutions that people put in Wingdings. I think it's safe to assume that most people have it though...)

JM

« Reply #468 on: September 08, 2005, 06:57:23 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1114567084/450#462 date=1126203649
Interesting.  During my earlier days of LemEdit 5-6 years ago (back when I created the LemEdit version of "If Only They Could Swim", which I do plan to release in LemEdit form eventually), I had a similar idea for a level, only on my level you have people climb up, then do the trick, and then build to go from one ____ to the next and then to the exit on top.  (Sorry if this is a little unclear but I'm trying not to reveal Shvegait's puzzle idea.)

I haven't planned to release that level though because I thought the precision is too annoying (although maybe it's partly because of how I setup the terrain), but maybe I can throw it into a "cut levels" set sometime in the future.  (Very far future, as I haven't even actually make the 10 levels I want to make yet.)

The title of the level sounds good. I hope I can try it out.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 08, 2005, 07:06:17 PM »
Actually, the title for the canned level that I said uses Shvegait's trick is called "Elevator out of Service" (although that isn't necessarily the final title).

"If Only They Could Swim" has nothing to do with Shvegait's trick, it just happens to be the first level I made with LemEdit, while "Elevator out of Service" is basically the second.  I didn't want to release "If Only They Could Swim" though until I finish the 9 other levels that would go along with it in a set (as well as maybe improving its appearance).  I did however remake the level in Cheapo, you can download the Cheapo remake here:

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/ifonlytheycouldswim.zip

It requires the Lem-Dirt style, if you don't have it download it here:

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/Lem-Dirt.zip

Here's a preview (the one Cheapo shows):

(And sorry for hijacking the thread on this Shvegait.  ;P)

JM

« Reply #470 on: September 08, 2005, 07:48:09 PM »
The secenery of the level looks good. So who's interested in reviewing the 5th level of Shveg01.dat because I have reviewed 3 levels already and people can't just let me to review the whole pack by myself.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 08, 2005, 08:56:10 PM »
Level 5 probably has several solutions (the least-tested level of this pack), and Level 6 has at least one, if not two (or more) backroutes (haven't been able to eliminate them elegantly. But, if you pass this level with a backroute, it will feel like a backroute.)... Level 7 has several solutions as well. So people should have little problem passing these 3, although maybe not with the intended solution. The difficulty will go up after that, though :devil:

@ccexplore: I've hijacked others' threads before, no need to apologize. :P

Leviathan

« Reply #472 on: September 08, 2005, 09:16:36 PM »
Shveg01 - Level 5: Diffusion

I've spent some time on this level and beat it with 96% of lems saved :)

Time:3 minutes
Lems:80
To save:80%
RR:90
Skills: 2 climbers,2 floaters,8 builders,2 bashers and 5 diggers

Good:Nice symetrical design and the level looks really intimidating at first glance (after you found out that it isn't as simple as it looks maybe)

Bad:I think my solution was a backroute,if not,you could have set the number to be saved to at least 96% and cut of a few builders.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 08, 2005, 09:42:51 PM »
Yes, certainly that is a backroute. I'm not surprised that backroutes exist for this level (hey, I made it at something like 2 in the morning, and it was the last level of the pack. I just wanted to be done with it! :P Each of my packs has a level like this, unfortunately...), but I'm still curious what your solution was. Could you PM me?

JM

« Reply #474 on: September 08, 2005, 09:43:10 PM »
The first few tries I played the level I failed but now I can complete it. It's one of the easiest levels in the pack. I love the design of the level. It looks simple but then I found there was demolecularisers and they kept zapping every single 1 of my lemming. Pretty good level. When I completed the level I saved about 86 or 87% of the lemmings.

JM

« Reply #475 on: September 09, 2005, 06:44:21 PM »
I will look at Level 6 if that's okay.

Shveg01 - Level 6: Evacuation

Number of Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 85%
RR: 50
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 5 Climbers,5 Bombers,20 Builders,5 Bashers,5 Diggers

Good: Good Solution,Good Scenery

Bad: Trying to reach the exit can be annoying

Jazzem

« Reply #476 on: September 09, 2005, 07:09:43 PM »
Number of Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 85%
RR: 50
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 5 Lemmings,5 Bombers,20 Builders,5 Bashers,5 Diggers

Good: Good Solution,Good Scenery

Whoops!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 09, 2005, 07:14:32 PM »
Quote from: JM  link=1114567084/465#475 date=1126291461

Can I ask what your solution is? (Please put it in Wingdings or something just in case ;) )

There is one backroute that involves bypassing the shredders by actually going between them, but I haven't found a clean way to fix this solution in CustLemm. In the Cheapo version, I just put two shredders on top of each other (one upside-down), and it eliminates this problem. However, the region of death in the Lemmings shredders is around the middle, so an upside-down one doesn't help much. And I kind of don't want the level looking too sloppy :P

There *may* be a builder-stretching backroute. To be honest, I haven't done very extensive testing on this level.  I completely changed the solution a few months ago, when I ported it to Cheapo (the original level was easier in some ways, but less interesting), so there may be backroutes that I haven't forseen...

Ohh, yeah. Before I forget... One of the remaining levels in this pack requires a Lemmings/CustLemm-only glitch. I won't say which, but it should be obvious enough...

Quote from: Jazzem  link=1114567084/465#476 date=1126292983
Whoops!

Yeah, it's 5 Climbers. JM, stop messing up the skill section :P

JM

« Reply #478 on: September 09, 2005, 07:30:39 PM »
That was by accident Shvegait hehe.

I didn't find Level 6 a bad level. It's a good one. I'll play on the cheapo one sometime. So is someone going to do Level 7?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 09, 2005, 07:36:30 PM »

Shveg01 - Level 7: Tempus Fugit

Time: 2 minutes
Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 100% (80)
RR: 70
10 climbers, 10 blockers, 10 bashers, 10 builders, 10 diggers

Good: Nice small scenery; Interesting level idea for the level.
Bad: Due to the plenty of skills it gets quite easy; title matches not so well because there's quite a lot of time left ;) (both, in general, and to build to the exit before the lemmings are down the 'loop').