Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256342 times)

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #435 on: September 04, 2005, 05:17:22 AM »
Even havoc 20? You must be persistent...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 04, 2005, 05:53:06 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1114567084/420#434 date=1125803553
I beat all 220 levels of both games without looking at a solution page, so there! :P

I'm sure you weren't the only one.  (Though I suppose the numbers are far fewer when it comes to the Mac version, thanks to its version of Mayhem 26.)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 04, 2005, 06:07:43 AM »
I've passed 219 without look at solution pages. Eventually I'll pass Havoc 20, but no motivation right now  :-(

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 04, 2005, 08:09:26 AM »
Quote from: guest  link=1114567084/435#435 date=1125811042
Even havoc 20? You must be persistent...

Why? It's not hard. Oh, I admit, it looks really forbidding, but once you settle down to play it, after a bit of trial and error to work out where to start the bombers, it's a lot easier than several of the levels before it.

And it's all bomber timing and no puzzle, so a solution page wouldn't really help much :P

JM

« Reply #439 on: September 04, 2005, 10:47:35 AM »
I passed all Levels in Original Lemmings,Oh No! More Lemmings and Xmas Lemmings without looking at the solution pages. They were hard but I still managed :D

I haven't passed all the levels in the Sega Megadrive version yet because that is at my friends house. I haven't got the full version of Lemmings 2 but I completed the demo of Lemmings 3-D.

So who would like to review level 2 of Shveg01.dat now I've reviewed Level 1?

« Reply #440 on: September 05, 2005, 07:19:25 PM »
I'll review level 2.

JM

« Reply #441 on: September 05, 2005, 07:30:39 PM »
Go for it

« Reply #442 on: September 05, 2005, 07:44:59 PM »

Shveg01 - Level 2: The Big Drop

Lemmings: 80
To be saved: 80
RR: 90
Time: 3 minutes
Skills: 5 of everything except miners and diggers

Good: Nice design, good distribution of skills. It's fun to watch the lemmings go to the exit. The extra builder allows for a little error.

Bad: The precision is annoying.

I'm not sure if the fact that the solution is fairly obvious would be good or bad. It is the second level in the pack so there isn't really anything wrong with it being obvious.

JM

« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2005, 07:56:26 PM »
I find the precision annoying. It's one of them annoying levels.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 05, 2005, 11:03:33 PM »
Really? The solution I use doesn't require any precision. I know there are a couple of alternate solutions for this level, but I'm not sure what the precision is about. (For these first two levels, I wasn't too concerned about backroutes, as the levels are supposed to be fairly easy anyway.) Perhaps I should have bothered to enforce the intended solution...

Is your solution possible with just 1 floater?

JM

« Reply #445 on: September 05, 2005, 11:52:48 PM »
I think I used all 5 floaters to help me complete the level. I found the pack hard to beat but Level 5 was the easiest for me to complete. I have to say that the levels in the pack have some really good designs I love them. They use good tricks too. Some I've never seen before.

« Reply #446 on: September 06, 2005, 12:48:25 AM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/435#444 date=1125961413
Really? The solution I use doesn't require any precision. I know there are a couple of alternate solutions for this level, but I'm not sure what the precision is about. (For these first two levels, I wasn't too concerned about backroutes, as the levels are supposed to be fairly easy anyway.) Perhaps I should have bothered to enforce the intended solution...

Is your solution possible with just 1 floater?

Yes, it uses 1 climber, 1 floater, 1 blocker, 4 builders, 5 bashers. Whenever I see a solution I try to get it to work until it does. Sometimes I realize it's impossible or that an easier solution exists (simlpy by looking at the level), and then is the only time I will leave a solution. What was intended anyway?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 06, 2005, 01:05:18 AM »
Well, I guess I will obfuscate it, although it isn't a big deal:

(Optional) Use 2 blockers at the top, and trap one lemming in between them. This makes it easier to free the crowd at the end. (Free the blocker to the left, which will be ahead of the crowd, who then frees the blocker to the right.)

Make the first lemming a floater. Build over the exit and hit the wall to the right (2x builders). Make the floater an athlete and climb over the pillars to the left. Build once to the left wall, then build once to the right to the large brick area. Bash through this, then build at the end to make a safe step for the rest of the lemmings. Free the blocker(s), and bash through the steps that you had to create to turn around initially.

That was the original solution, although there's also an alternate solution that uses more floaters and blockers but takes less time. (I didn't remove the possibility for that since it's only Level 2, and I wanted an easy warm-up kind of level.)

Now I wonder, with those tools, what is your solution?

« Reply #448 on: September 07, 2005, 01:15:43 AM »
I might have been able to save a basher but I didn't because I didn't want to risk the lemmings splatting. Here it is:

1)RR 99 after a few lemmings get out.
2)Make #2 a blocker on top of one of the triangle shaped hills.
3)Make #1 an athlete.
4)Make him bash very close to the stairs that lead up to the exit.
5)Make him bash again very close to the end of the hole created by bashing the first time.
6)Make him build once so he turns around.
7)Build to the left at the edge of the red block.
8)Build to the right when he turns around.
9)Make him bash when he is close enough to the wall.
10)Build near the edge of the end of the bash tunnel.
11)Make a lemming in the crowd bash under the blocker.
12)Make #1 bash to shorten the bridge. (may be optional)

« Reply #449 on: September 07, 2005, 01:17:03 AM »
Oops, 8) was a smiley.