Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256315 times)

JM

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2005, 08:45:24 PM »
Leviathan is a new level maker and somebody must be review his levels. I think they are brilliant.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2005, 08:46:16 PM »
Such encouraging words for new levelmakers...... :P

It was just really reminiscent of Conway's "Lemmings of the niagra falls"... Why make someone click 80 floaters?? In Lemmings even... I don't care about Cheapo, where you can make non-floaters who are in the same space as floaters, floaters, and where you can give a tool while paused, but this is just ridiculous and un-fun...

I have some good things to say about some of the other levels. That's why I said I don't want to review *this* first one :P

I see that brutal honesty is your personal philosophy. &#A0;:-/

I never really thought about it, but I guess it is. :P
Fluffing up your words solves nothing, and it can create a confusing picture. We're reviewing the levels here, not patting each other on the back, right? Besides, there are a lot of people out there who need a reality check (I'm not talking about any forum-goers!)

But I always try to be constructive if possible... I didn't say his levels are horrible (They are actually very challenging), just that clicking 80 floaters is not fun &#A0;X_X

the guest

« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2005, 09:33:06 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/240#241 date=1123274776
I have some good things to say about some of the other levels. That's why I said I don't want to review *this* first one :P

Oh ok.  You see, I misread your comments to mean you don't have anything good to say about the entire set!  ;P

the guest

« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2005, 09:44:17 PM »
As an aside......

Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/240#241 date=1123274776
I don't care about Cheapo, where you can make non-floaters who are in the same space as floaters, floaters, and where you can give a tool while paused, but this is just ridiculous and un-fun...

I won't dispute the "ridiculous and un-fun" part (which really applies just as well to Cheapo, I'd say), but since you can always assign floaters as soon as they come out of the entrance, and since even at the highest RR the lemmings don't overlap when falling, I don't think it'd be any harder in CustLemm vs. in Cheapo.

Also, technically it's not true that you can't assign floater to a non-floater overlapping another floater in CustLemm.  In fact, it has nothing to do with floaters.  In Lemmings, the cursor selection always favor the lemming that came out the latest, if everyone under the cursor is walking.

« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2005, 11:17:21 PM »
What was the order that you (leviathan) made the levels?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 05, 2005, 11:42:54 PM »
Oh, I didn't mean to say that it's *difficult* in CustLemm relative to Cheapo. I only meant that it is less annoying in Cheapo. As much as I try to make every lemming a floater at 99 RR, I almost always manage to miss one &#A0;X_X

Oh ok. &#A0;You see, I misread your comments to mean you don't have anything good to say about the entire set! :P

I just re-read what I wrote, and it kind of did sound like that, although the "it" should refer to "first level", not "Leviathan's pack". So to prevent any confusion, I just meant I didn't want to review the first level! (Well, and maybe a couple others &#A0;;), but the maximum any one person can review is 5 anyway, with normal rules)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2005, 02:33:48 AM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/240#245 date=1123285374
Oh, I didn't mean to say that it's *difficult* in CustLemm relative to Cheapo. I only meant that it is less annoying in Cheapo. As much as I try to make every lemming a floater at 99 RR, I almost always manage to miss one  X_X

Odd; when I'm playing the two floater-crazy levels (12 Tricky and its repeat 21 Mayhem) I always begin by increasing the RR to 99 to make things easier for myself :P

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2005, 03:02:51 AM »
Odd; when I'm playing the two floater-crazy levels (12 Tricky and its repeat 21 Mayhem) I always begin by increasing the RR to 99 to make things easier for myself

Really? I just use a couple of builders to make the drop non-fatal so that I only need a few of the floaters...

Edit: Err, for Tricky 12 anyway, and someone's LemEdit version of the level. For Mayhem 21 I'm pretty sure I did raise the release rate (but not to 99).

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2005, 03:12:16 AM »
Ok... Since no one has reviewed this level yet and since I basically already reviewed it, I decided to just go ahead and move this along.

Levpak1 - Level 1: Fall before the building
&#A0; &#A0;
80 Lems &#A0;
100% to save &#A0;
RR: 1
Time: 1 minute
Skills: 80 floaters, 3 builders

Good: You can get away with setting the RR to 90 and still pass the level.

Bad: No puzzle. Having to make 80 lemmings floaters (for no interesting purpose) is annoying. Looks really empty and bland.

« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2005, 05:06:55 AM »
Who is going to review level 2?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2005, 05:12:32 AM »
Why don't you? Everyone can participate.

I haven't managed to pass it yet though (keep running out of time of course). I hope I'm missing something obvious &#A0;X_X (Edit: Got it. Just need to be perfect...)

Leviathan

« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2005, 05:32:59 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1114567084/240#244 date=1123283841
What was the order that you (leviathan) made the levels?

1) Fall before the building (actually my first test)
2) Escape the wolfs claw
3) Judgment day
4) Very menacing!!
5) Bad arrow
6) Need any help from above?
7) Hurry up! Go down!!
8 ) We may not fall down
9) Greenpiece
10) Dolly dimple,not that simple

And yes,if I would design level 1 now I would have &#A0;added some spider's webs or something :)

« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2005, 05:59:17 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/240#250 date=1123477952
Why don't you? Everyone can participate.

I haven't managed to pass it yet though (keep running out of time of course). I hope I'm missing something obvious  X_X (Edit: Got it. Just need to be perfect...)

Ok, it was actually a pretty good level. It took me a few tries to pass it too.

« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2005, 06:12:34 PM »

Levpak1 - Level 2: Need any help from above ?

80 Lems  
100% to save  
RR: 1
Time: 1 minute
Skills: one of each

Good: Simple looking level, but it requires you to find as many ways as possible to speed things up.

Bad: The general idea of the solution is obvious.

JM

« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2005, 09:32:50 PM »
The level looks good and levels where you have to find many ways as possible to complete them are pretty ace.