Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 256347 times)

Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2005, 08:35:50 PM »
Who's gonna review Level 8?

« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2005, 08:38:34 PM »
It would be possible (I'm not saying it would be easy...) to do some hacking and find the part of the original lemmings game that plays music and implant it into custlemm.

Conway

« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2005, 08:42:51 PM »
That's strange. I usually don't want to hear the Lemmings music when I play, and I just have my music collection on in the background in WMP. Even when playing Cheapo, I usually don't bother with the music.

Hubbart 4, level 8 - Not as Easy as it Looks

Save: 80/80
 Time: 2 minutes
 RR: 1
 Skills:
   Builders: 2
   Bashers: 5

Good: A nice and short level with some interesting terrain.

Bad: Far too easy for this late in the pack.

« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2005, 08:44:15 PM »
[addition to the prevoius post: I will begin my attempt after lunch.]

« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2005, 08:45:36 PM »
I meant addition to the previous previous post.

JM

« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2005, 08:50:01 PM »
As there is no music in Custlemm I would put some music on from my CD player or I would put music on from Windows Media Player.

You are right Conway.Level 8 of Hubbart4.dat is far too easy.

THE GUEST

« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2005, 08:59:59 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1114567084/195#196 date=1123015114
It would be possible (I'm not saying it would be easy...) to do some hacking and find the part of the original lemmings game that plays music and implant it into custlemm.

Hey, stop impersonating me!!!!!!!   You b%#@$#!  ;P

Hehe, sorry, I guess I will register soon but definitely not right now.

From now on, the regular guest at guestlevels@yahoo.com will now take on names such as "the guest" and the like.

Actually, the discerning reader should be able to tell who's who, because my responses are generally far wordier than the JM-like responses of this "fake guest" here

JM

« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2005, 09:18:41 PM »
You know there is more than 1 guest online and they probably don't realise you are the real guest.

Also the person or people using the name guest leave fake e-mail addresses.

tHe GuEsT

« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2005, 09:37:51 PM »
You don't get it.  I obvious know the risk, as you've stated above, of having multiple guests around.

The problem is, the "fake guest" I'm pointing to is too similar to me for my comfort.  His style of fake e-mail addresses for example is too similar to mine and can easily fool others.  Worse, and this is why I actually fumed about it, he talked about hacking CustLemm.  Since I've hacked Lemmings before for other people, this just looks way too much like me saying I'm going to look into hacking custlemm for music.  Which I'm not doing at the moment.

Basically, "fake guest" is stepping too close to my turf for my comfort.  I'm sure it's probably not deliberate, but I do need to make a clear point who's who.

fake guest

« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2005, 09:51:23 PM »
I wasn't trying to impersonate you, we are just similar. So, to distinguish between us I will call myself "fake guest" from now on. As you said my posts tend to be shorter, this is because I am a slow typist.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2005, 11:01:31 PM »
You want music???

Read this topic

If you put a CD into your drive, the tracks mentioned inside the topic will play during the levels.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

JM

« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2005, 11:05:58 PM »
Thanks Dragonslover.

So it looks like we have nearly finished reviewing Hubbart4.dat
Just one more level.

It's such a brilliant level pack. The author has made some very nice levels especially Storm and Thunder.

MC Marshy

« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2005, 11:11:32 PM »
Im a guest and I call myself MC Marshy on these forums from now on. Anyway let's get back onto topic of Custlemm levels. Hubbart4.dat is a pretty good levelpak. I wonder who will review the 9th level.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2005, 11:12:51 PM »
Hmm. I feel stupid for not solving level 8 as easily as everyone seems to have. It actually took me a good number of attempts (not too many) and then I ran out of time a couple times... Maybe there's a simpler way to beat it? I wonder what your solutions are (esp. Conway).

Hubbart4 - Level 9: The pulley (2)
&#A0; &#A0;
80 Lems &#A0;
98% to save &#A0;
RR: 90
Time: 2 minutes
Skills: 1 climb, 1 bomb, 2 block, 2 build, 1 bash

Good: Again, uses a cool trick.

Bad: The solution seems too similar to that of the first level... Of course, I don't know what's intended... I had 2 tools and a minute left after beating this...

I have to wonder what the real solution is. The small terrain change doesn't affect my solution from the first "The pulley", but that could just mean that what I thought was a backroute for the first level was actually intended.

JM

« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2005, 11:17:55 PM »
The first level certainly uses the same solution. The tricks of this level are cool. Both levels are ace. The last level of the pack has a pretty cool level name.