Author Topic: Interesting Finds!  (Read 8810 times)

Mr Kiwi

Interesting Finds!
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:36:19 PM »
Thread to post cool or unusual Lemmings items.

Lemmings Strategy Guide Bonus Disk:

I have made a copy of the Lemmings Strategy Guide Bonus Disk... For anyone that wants it.

(Closed)

Please only download once... I don't want to have issues with my host... If someone else wants to host it that would be better =D

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: Lemmings Strategy Guide Bonus Disk...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »
Just don't turn this into what some guy did on the old forums, when things got out of hand with stuff like this, because, even if there was barely any difference, he started a new topic for everything.  :P

Mr Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:59 PM »
Ummm, ok?

It is not on any of the file downloading places... I mean in all honesty if it somewhere else I would gladly remove this post.
Is there a post like this?

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 11:54:22 PM »
I don't think there's a thread like this, so I see no reason for you to remove the post! It's a brilliant find!

This might just be common sense talking to me, but why don't you modify your first post's title to make this an Interesting Finds thread? That way, we can keep all the things that people find in one topic.. people will still be able to find stuff, but the forum won't be as cluttered!

Mr Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 11:57:06 PM »
Sure can do.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Interesting Finds!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »
I like that bonus disk! It's got some ONML levels, and some new levels in the ONML styles :D

Mr Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 12:43:59 AM »
Yeah, I thought it was fantastic.  ;)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 12:59:06 AM »
Thanks for upping this.  I remember they had an ad for this in the back of my Lemmings 1 manual, but I was never able to get it because I first read said ad in like 1997 or so. :P

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 01:06:07 AM »
Could be interesting...

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 05:04:47 AM »
This can also be found at Lemmings Universe.

http://www.lemmingsuniverse.net/downloads.html#games

(Look for "Game from the "Official Lemmings Companion"")

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »
I have another interesting find! The level "Worra load of old blocks" has 2 entrances! You can't see the other one because it isn't 3D. Have a sneak peak on LemEdit or Lemmix to see where the other one is! ;P
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
This can also be found at Lemmings Universe.

There are some interesting levels there. Unfortunately Taxing 4 (a remake of Tightrope City but with a gap in the line, essentially forcing you to solve the original level with one builder) is extremely difficult to pull off thanks to the lack of keyboard pausing. They also missed some rather glaring backroutes on Tricky 3 and 4. (Challenge: 100% on Tricky 3 with at least three skills remaining; solve Tricky 4 using only two skills, and then try only one.)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »
There are some interesting levels there. Unfortunately Taxing 4 (a remake of Tightrope City but with a gap in the line, essentially forcing you to solve the original level with one builder) is extremely difficult to pull off thanks to the lack of keyboard pausing.

I know this must be unfamilar to you as you played Lemmings on the Mac, but on PC/DOS, keyboard pausing is the F11 key.  (Just as all the other buttons in the skill toolbar map to F1-F12.)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »
I have another interesting find! The level "Worra load of old blocks" has 2 entrances! You can't see the other one because it isn't 3D. Have a sneak peak on LemEdit or Lemmix to see where the other one is! ;P

I'm not sure if this is the sort of "interesting find" we're after in this thread, but it's certainly cool. Maybe this is worth a separate thread? Anyway, I have found something similarly unusual:

In Hail 12 (Merry Christmaze), there is an inexplicable steel object, a little to the right of the centre of the map.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the sort of "interesting find" we're after in this thread, but it's certainly cool. Maybe this is worth a separate thread?

I wouldn't be sure if this should be on a separate thread just because it has the same title. ;)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »
I wouldn't be sure if this should be on a separate thread just because it has the same title. ;)

Go back to the first post:

Thread to post cool or unusual Lemmings items.

I think by "Lemmings items" he means things like rare content, webpages, memorabilia or whatever. However, in combination with things posted in other threads, I think there are enough of these "quirks" in Lemmings levels for these to deserve a thread of their own - which I will go ahead and start now. (EDIT: Link to new thread)

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »
I cant find a link to this new lemmings companion game :(

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 07:50:47 PM »
You followed my link here from the levelpack topic, right? That should have directed you to Tsyu's post on the first page, which contains a link to the site where you can download these levels. I'll post it again here to save you going back to find it:

Under "Demos and freeware games", look for "Game from the "Official Lemmings Companion" for PC/DOS", about halfway down the list.