Author Topic: Trick discovered in Custlemm2  (Read 8598 times)

JM

Re: Trick discovered in Custlemm2
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 11:56:49 PM »
I gussed that trick would be in one of your levels Shvegait  :P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 10:35:16 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest) link=1131232791/0#12 date=1131388811
Sure.  JM discovered that in Lemmings, blockers can turn fallers.

(Note that I had verified this on multiple versions including the Mac, in case you're wondering.)

Oh....... I think actually I already knew that.

You know where you put a blocker under a stream of fallers so that they fall past him but he stops them coming back? Well, I *think* I remember seeing that if you slip and put the blocker a little too far forward, so that he does turn the lemmings, he actually turns them while they're falling...... which sounds like an application of the same glitch.

minglw

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 05:57:46 AM »
Quote from: Conway link=1131232791/0#8 date=1131319605
As far as I know, the original Lemmings, ONML, the holiday games, Custlem/2 and Nocdlem/2 all use the same game engine, just with different parameters about which levelpacks to access and slightly different menu screens. The levels should play exactly the same in all (except for the safe fall height in the hacked versions). So any tricks or glitches in one should theoretically exist in the others.

What/which hack version ?   Where can I get one to try it ?

Thanks!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 11:02:17 PM »
It turned out CustLemm has a higher safe fall distance compared with Lemmings, so that for example, if you play "We All Fall Down" on CustLemm, you don't need to dig at all.

Since a few people here designed and tested their levels with Lemmings rather than CustLemm, I once made a modified version of CustLemm based on Mike's info to change the falling distance to be same as Lemmings.

Since most levels do assume CustLemm is used, for the most part you don't need the hack version.

There is also an unrelated hack that allows the original game music to be played. &#A0;CustLemm currently will play music from a CD, but if you don't put a CD in the CD-ROM drive, you get no music at all.

All these happened months ago but I know Mindless's web pages has them available for download, but I don't remember offhand what the URL is. &#A0;Try searching the forum with keywords "custlem2" and/or "nocdlem".