Author Topic: Lemming Level List Game  (Read 122597 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Lemming Level List Game
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2004, 08:19:55 PM »

Wicked 8 - A TOWERING PROBLEM

Good: Very challenging level!
Bad: If you don't like timed levels or to aim carefully, you'll don't like this level. Also, the title is still in capitals!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2004, 12:28:26 PM »
Is it just me, or is that bomber at the top of the pillar in the above diagram much too late and will blow through the floor?!?

I don't have anything much to say about the next level, so I thought I'd quickly go back to Tame 18, which got skipped. (If anyone wants to do 19 and 20........)

Good: fun to try for 100% without using builders or bashers, and very hard if you allow yourself just one minute.
Bad: ONML doesn't have hard copies of easy levels, so an opportunity was missed.

piainp2

« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2004, 01:04:16 PM »
This would be my first post on this thread. It would be the first time i posted an image too.

Wicked 9: How on earth
Good: I'ts not too long
Bad:   Nothing we haven't seen before

Mad_Max

« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2004, 03:58:31 PM »
Wicked 10 - Temple of Love

Good: Really nice level design and it's challenging, to boot!

Bad: I have yet to see why the heck this is supposed to be a temple of love.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2004, 10:28:14 PM »
Quote from: piainp2  link=1090216677/210#212 date=1100091856
This would be my first post on this thread. It would be the first time i posted an image too.

Wicked 9: How on earth
Good: I'ts not too long
Bad: &#A0; Nothing we haven't seen before

You forgot to post the image of the level:

Here's Tame 19:

Tame 19 - Lemming Productions Present...

Good: Nice level design! For more challenge, try to solve the level using bombers!
Bad: Classicaly easy!

Here's Tame 20:

Tame 20 - Custom built for Lemmings

Good: Nice landscape too!
Bad: Easy again!

Also, try my 2 packs of Tame levels more difficult for Customized Lemmings. You can get them on Garjen Software's website (in fact, they're there for a long time).

Let's go with the next Wicked level:

Wicked 11 - ROCKY ROAD

Good: A very challenging level where you have to be careful with your tools!
Bad: Title in caps again!

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2004, 04:00:26 AM »
Wicked 12 - Suicidal Tendencies

Good:  Level design (The exit looks like it's hanging from the chain).  Also, it requires nearly pixel-perfect placement of a blocker (although some people might consider this to be bad).

Bad:  Too easy for the Wicked rating.  It is easier than some levels in Crazy.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

Wicked 13 - Almost Nearly Virtual Reality

Good: the title! And it's a nice, hard, frustrating level. You have to bash and build perfectly.
Bad: maybe a bit too frustrating.

« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2004, 09:56:28 PM »
By the way, are any of these screenshots from the DOS version of the game?  If so (or in any case), how did you guys create these screenshots?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2004, 12:09:37 AM »
I don't know if these screenshots are from Lemmings under the Dos version or another version that looks like. But, these screenshots aren't from us. They're from this website:

The Lemmings Solution

But if you want to take screenshots of the game, you can using Dosbox or with the Lemmings Windows version and by pressing Print Screen. Then, with the screenshots you made, put them together!

Also, Ahribar, to reduce your frustration, you can tell the lemming to bash, then press F7 and click quicly on it again to make it build. You can even select the tools or increase/decrease the release rate when the game is paused with the same manner, by pressing the F1 to F10 keys. Also, you can pause the game with F11 and nuke all lemmings with F12.

Here's the next level:

Wicked 14 - The Lemming Learning Curve

Good: Is there really something good to this level? :P
Bad: Easy level! A real easy level for a hard rate! This level should be in Crazy rate!

Mad_Max

« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2004, 05:30:29 AM »
Wicked 15 - SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, EGG AND LEMMING

Good: Although the level's title is in caps, it's related to Monty Python, so it's good. Challenging.

Bad: Not a really interesting level. Stopping your Lemmings to die at the beginning is tricky.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2004, 10:31:20 AM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1090216677/210#218 date=1100736577
Also, Ahribar, to reduce your frustration, you can tell the lemming to bash, then press F7 and click quicly on it again to make it build. You can even select the tools or increase/decrease the release rate when the game is paused with the same manner, by pressing the F1 to F10 keys. Also, you can pause the game with F11 and nuke all lemmings with F12.

I'm very amused that you thought I don't know that.....

Wicked 16: Five Alive

Good: a lovely puzzle level. I love having a small number of lemmings and having to save the precise maximum that you can save; it makes it seem more elegant.

Bad: um...... by this stage we're getting rather sick of the brick style? Can't think of anything else.........

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2004, 01:01:23 PM »
I'm very amused that you thought I don't know that.....

You can see that I like help others. If you already knew that, it's ok! I wanted to be helpful... :)

Wicked 17 - Down the tube

Good: A very challenging level but...
Bad: ... a little bit frustrating. Just a little bit!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2004, 01:16:10 PM »
Heh, no problem.........  B)

Wicked 18: Lots More Where They Came From

Good: ouch, this one's hard! At least, it was the way I did it.....
Bad: that hidden trap! It scared me so much I solved the level by building into the large block and mining over the trap, using my bombers to keep back the other lemmings..... and I bet you didn't even realise that was possible!

Mad_Max

« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2004, 05:38:19 PM »
I've never even went under the large block of ice when solving this level. I always thought it was a lot easier to go through the ice block over instead of the annoying stalactite-paved path on the bottom with the hidden trap to boot. By going on the top of the ice block, you can actually manage to save everyone.

Wicked 19 - Up, Down or Round And Round

Good: One of the few levels where the release rate needs to be changed at all costs before the level even starts.

Bad: Not incredibly difficult. The only challenge lies at building over the gaps without running out of builders (which must all be started at the edge).

« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2004, 09:40:14 PM »
Quote from: Ice_Eagle91  link=1090216677/90#100 date=1093845506
(This is the third time I'm asking this ignored question: Why is the land in Mary Poppins' Land fire caves?)

Probably because the "fire caves" is the only terrain graphics set in the original game that has a terrain piece (the cone) that lets you build those straight steep slopes used in this level.