Author Topic: Lemming Level List Game  (Read 122392 times)

Conway

Re: Lemming Level List Game
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2004, 01:41:23 PM »

Wild 17 - The Chain with no name

Good: 100% to be saved!

Bad: A little too easy.

Mad_Max

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2004, 02:38:38 PM »
Wild 18 - Dr. Lemminggood

Good: Interesting and nice looking level layout.

Bad: Solution feels way too similiar to Wild 5 - Lemming Head, except for the inclusion of a builder on the top to trap your lemmings.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2004, 11:18:09 AM »
Just a little note about Snow Joke: in most versions of this level you can bash through the arrows backwards, surreally enough. No need to bother with climbers and whatnot.

Wild 19: Lemmingdelica
Good: I like those little floating island thingies. The solution's not too outlandish, either.
Bad: This level's one of the ones that I can't remember; it doesn't stand out from the crowd very much. It's also not that easy...

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2004, 11:24:08 AM »
Hello finlay... remember me from the ZBB?

Lemmingdelica would be nice and difficult if you actually had to use that clever trick with the blockers in the pictured solution. It's actually pretty straightforward.

Wild 20: Got anything... lemmingy?

Good: the best combination -- simple (few skills) but hard to find the solution.
Bad: annoyingly difficult to place the digger accurately.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2004, 11:47:38 AM »
I'd have to be blind not to remember you. Or exceedly amnesiatic. Or just plain stupid....

Wicked 1:
Good: Nice and small; fits on one screen. As the first level of Wicked, it's only fitting that it's quite a bit harder from Wild.
Bad: Getting through that one-way obstacle is incredibly difficult. That mixed-caps thing is a little annoying.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2004, 12:02:52 PM »
I know I shouldn't do another one so soon, but this (like the other two I've done) is one of my top favourites.

Wicked 2: Inroducing SUPERLEMMING

Good: Superlemming is cool. The level design is elegant, and that huge cavity at the far right, which you don't even think of using, is very sneaky.
Bad: they should have spotted the short-cut solution, pictured in the diagram, that doesn't need the back cavity. Also, "introducing" should have a T.

And after waiting sixty-two levels for Superlemming to appear, why does it have to be just once?!?

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2004, 12:16:34 PM »
Tell me, what is the intended solution, if that's not it? Superlemming rocks, in any case...

It doesn't really matter if you do lots, as long as you don't do two at once....

I'll let someone else do the next. I don't really like the next one.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2004, 12:29:28 PM »
Really? This Corrosion is quite possibly my favourite level of the entire game...... or maybe Lemmings in a Situation. Although that ought to go in the other topic.

I can't prove that my solution to Superlemming is the intended one... but, like Father Brown, I know it.

Make the first miner further right, then dig down the next platform right of the pillar. This saves one basher.

On the last platform, instead of digging then building across the gap, mine so as to fall on the little pillar. Bash through to the large cavity, build back to the wall, climb, bash to the exit.

Note that this solution requires the exact number of every skill that you are given.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »
I surmised as much; I've wondered in the past what that bit was for and couldn't quite work it out.

The next is not actually that bad; I just can't bothered doing it. And however good or bad it is, it certainly pales next to Superlemming.

Mad_Max

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2004, 06:01:43 PM »
Wicked 3 - This Corrosion

Good: A tough level with a nice solution. Fun to play as well.

Bad: The last drop can be quite tricky to acheive due to it's height. You really need to build/dig at the right place.

Conway

« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2004, 09:07:28 PM »

Wicked 4 - Oh No! It's the 4TH DIMENTION!

Good: Another fairly challenging yet fun level which involves some awkward multitasking.

Bad: I'll kick myself in the teeth if you can save 100% in this level!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2004, 09:44:52 PM »
EDIT: after trying It's the Fourth Dimension again, it is definitely not possible to get 100%, at least on the Mac version.

The pillars enclosing the top-left lemmings actually go right to the top of the screen, and the Mac version won't let you build or climb out of them. (I don't know about other versions.)

So you need to use your one basher, but then there's no way to release the top-right lemmings.

Disappointing, but there's easily room for designing a variant of the level that does allow 100%... just lower that pillar a tiny fraction........

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2004, 03:27:04 PM »
Have you noticed that Wild 20 to Wicked 4 still used the same terrain set?

Wicked 5 - Chill out!

Good: Nice challenging level! You have to think to increase the release rate! Also, the title is cool!

Bad: Easy level!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2004, 03:47:45 PM »
Wicked 6 - PoP TiL YoU DrOp

Good:  Always a challenge to save as many lemmings as possible
Bad:  I don't know of any way to save 100%.  Also, why do you only need to save 37%?

Mad_Max

« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2004, 07:12:23 PM »
This is most certainly the strangest level of all Wicked to me. I don't get the 37% rescue rate neither since you don't need to kill off that much Lemmings to beat this level. If they decided to only go with bombers, then the level would have been tough, although tedious.

You can easily save 100% of the Lemmings in the Windows 95 version by building over the top of the level, get all the Lemmings in one single enclosed space and start mining down to the exit. However, this tactic doesn't work in the DOS version, since the Lemmings automatically turn when they get too high on the screen, thus rendering the tactic of "going over the top" obsolete. If there's a way to save 100% in the DOS version, I don't know it.

Back on topic, here comes...

Wicked 7 - Last Lemming To Lemmingcentral

Good: A simple, short level that is pretty enjoyable to play.

Bad: Not very difficult. The puzzle's a simple matter of timing and it's not even tricky to pull off, actually. This level should have been placed in Crazy.