Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 198211 times)

Conway

Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2005, 11:42:37 PM »
When I visualized it I thought a lemming would die each time I used it for some reason.

The only thing I can think of that you could be refering to is the bombers. Surely you can't use a bomber and save the lemming?!  O_o

« Reply #406 on: October 09, 2005, 11:45:07 PM »
I just got a new mouse that is much better than my old one. Level 1 was pretty hard to execute partly because I used my old mouse, so I'm not sure how difficult it will be for other people.

« Reply #407 on: October 09, 2005, 11:49:04 PM »
It is really hard to give a hint for this level without giving it away. Here is a hint: The blockers ARE there for a reason.

Conway

« Reply #408 on: October 09, 2005, 11:56:52 PM »
Duh!  :P

Thanks, I think I know what you mean!

« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2005, 12:17:14 AM »
Slowly but surely... I just did level 2. These levels are amazing!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 10, 2005, 12:36:37 AM »
Level 2 is excellent, sort of a combination of a couple tricks from other levels, done rather well. Level 4 is, clearly, the original version of Level 2 in his Cheapo pack, although the terrain is slightly different.

I've just alllllmost passed level 5, but I was one pixel off at the very last step... unghhh! It will probably take me another half hour to get to that point again! (Edit: OK, it didn't :) Nice twist by the way, even if it is annoying to pull off...)

And I think a clarification is needed for Level 9. The max safe fall distance is 66 in CustLemm, but 63 in Lemmings and CustLem2 (I know, the number is 60, but then you add 3 from the transition to faller). So it's meant to be played in CustLem2?

Conway

« Reply #411 on: October 10, 2005, 01:31:17 AM »
Why can't everyone just use the original Custlemm? It would make things much simpler!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 10, 2005, 02:17:26 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1089136533/390#398 date=1128894849
I don't know about anyone else, but the new levelpack by geoo89 is probably the hardest I have come across yet.

Clearly, you haven't played his Cheapo set. ;)

I still have one or two level from the Cheapo set that I still haven't got around to solving, after the initial unsuccessful tries.

I'll try to take a look at his CustLemm set tonight.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 10, 2005, 02:19:58 AM »
Quote from: geoo89  link=1089136533/390#390 date=1128850129
Download here: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk0.zip

In the future, please don't name your .dat file "levelset.dat" ever again, for obvious reasons.  Thanks.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 10, 2005, 02:30:20 AM »
Ok geoo89, having look at level 1 and vaguely aware of guest's comment on it, I need to ask you something I've never asked anyone before for their levelset:

which levels require glitches (of any sort)?  I don't need to know what the glitches are.  Feel free to PM.

This is mainly for me to assess whether I'm finally paying the price for not trying to finish my LemEdit levels sooner.  (Though fortunately, in my plans, most levels don't use glitches, though your level 1 worries me slightly.)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 10, 2005, 03:27:36 AM »
Ok, level 3 of geoo89's LemEdit set has just become the first level of the set I've passed.  Although I got slightly lazy and decided to throw in the Wild-15 glitch twice, like almost all instances of them, you don't need them and so with good timing a glitch-free solution should be possible.  And it's also a level where I'm not too worried about in terms of glitches used that I was planning for my own levels.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 10, 2005, 03:42:03 AM »
I of course pass level 4 since I already solved the Cheapo remake version.  However, I'm somewhat disappointed at the CustLemm version, since its time limit was rather too generous.  In the Cheapo version, I recall that the time limit was something you need to look out for even though it wasn't a major part of the solution.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 10, 2005, 04:11:15 AM »
Ok, pass #5.  I know about the general trick for a good while now (and in some ways, everyone who have finished the original Lemmings game know something about it), though I have never thought of applying it to this particular situation until now.  Ingenius!  I don't know why Shvegait seem to have so much trouble executing it though; the moment I figure out what it is, I got it right on the subsequent attempt.

This is one of those borderline cases where you can argue that there is a glitch involved, but I'd say no.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 10, 2005, 04:13:52 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1089136533/405#417 date=1128917475
I don't know why Shvegait seem to have so much trouble executing it though

Come to think of it, maybe what Shvegait had trouble with was not the part that involves the trick.

I just used the picture in the Lemmings Solution site as a guide for that other part of the level that goes more or less the same as the original ONML level.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 10, 2005, 04:25:52 AM »
I think I'm going to skip #6 for now since I already found the solution and even knew geoo89's intended solution for that level.

I wanted to watch TV now so I think I'm going to stop for a while, but I do have a pretty good idea for #7 which isn't glitch-free (but the glitch is well-known and rather obvious to those who knows, just from looking at the level).  The extended graphics looks nice, although I'm starting to think I need to consider extending myvgaspec to give better user control of the palette (it would've been nice if some of the brownness of the entrance and exit could be preserved, instead of being turned into green).

This set certainly doesn't seem to follow the usual difficulty curve, although it's possible I skipped over #1 and #2 too hastily.  I'm hoping #8-#10 will stump me.