Author Topic: Brainstorming from level names! =)  (Read 8440 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: Brainstorming from level names! =)
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »
My next level pack?

1.  Death and dying all around - Many lemmings will have to die to complete level. - Fire
2.  Fall and Fail - A level that could involve some clever tactics to get to the exit (a seemingly simple task) without dying. - Pillar
3.  Headhunters vs. Lemmings - A level where the lemmings will have to dodge many traps - specifically, the one in "You Live and Lem." - Dirt
4.  White+(Blue+Green)=White+Red - A level where you have to compact lemmings together to squeeze past icicle traps - Snow
5.  Flow Not Controlled - A level that appears to be flooded.  99 RR. - Crystal
6.  Lizard needs a diet - A level, requiring 100%, that involves lizard traps. - Rock
7.  Sinkhole! - A level where you must keep lemmings from falling into a "sinkhole" requiring clever use of skills. - Pillar
8.  Brick*10^99 - A brick level with RR 99. - Brick
9.  Magma Chamber - Lemmings dodge fire traps, among other things. - Fire
10.  The Final Showdown! - Crystal level, using many bombers to get through the level. - Crystal

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 07:43:34 PM »
My next level pack?

1.  Death and dying all around - Many lemmings will have to die to complete level. - Fire
2.  Fall and Fail - A level that could involve some clever tactics to get to the exit (a seemingly simple task) without dying. - Pillar
3.  Headhunters vs. Lemmings - A level where the lemmings will have to dodge many traps - specifically, the one in "You Live and Lem." - Dirt
4.  White+(Blue+Green)=White+Red - A level where you have to compact lemmings together to squeeze past icicle traps - Snow
5.  Flow Not Controlled - A level that appears to be flooded.  99 RR. - Crystal
6.  Lizard needs a diet - A level, requiring 100%, that involves lizard traps. - Rock
7.  Sinkhole! - A level where you must keep lemmings from falling into a "sinkhole" requiring clever use of skills. - Pillar
8.  Brick*10^99 - A brick level with RR 99. - Brick
9.  Magma Chamber - Lemmings dodge fire traps, among other things. - Fire
10.  The Final Showdown! - Crystal level, using many bombers to get through the level. - Crystal

Nice level names there. Sounds like a challenge :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
Thanks - I'm going to start working on them...  This will make the first pack with my new view on making the epicXX packs (make packs not geared towards the fangame, and then throw the better levels into the fangame packs).

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »
I'll write down some more levelnames that people can use if they want to.

Treepath (A level with trees that the Lemmings have to get past. Sounds good for either rock set or Fun 22 vgaspec file)
Intoxication (Pink set and some acid kicking about somewhere on the level, maybe everywhere)
Unholy Lemfessions (Using hellset and flamethrowers, lava and fire traps)
Fortified Lemmitory (Dont know what graphic set it could use, maybe Gold, Pink or Red Brick set but have some traps lying around)
Bullet for my Lemmatine (Well I don't know anything about what set is suitable but the a heart formed from terrain is a good idea)
Lost in the dunes (Using gold set, maybe a concealed exit would be useful for the title)
Starry night (A crystal level with plenty of stars)
Nukage Processing (Pink set and acid placed in certain places)
Widest gaps (Any set suitable for this name, Long distance between terrain when building)
Lemburger Hill (Pink set maybe? Dont know really about set but loads of hills or mountains or something may be good)
Beachy Head (Gold or Underground set, a cliff with a rather long drop, this name reminds me of a beauty spot in Eastbourne)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »
Bullet for my Lemmatine (Well I don't know anything about what set is suitable but the a heart formed from terrain is a good idea)

I thought of something! How about the marble set using pieces 55 and 56.

For Starry night I've already got one of those in my 12th levelpack. Here's the link:
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=58
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 05:26:40 PM »

I thought of something! How about the marble set using pieces 55 and 56.

For Starry night I've already got one of those in my 12th levelpack. Here's the link:
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=58

The level name doesn't say Starry night dude. Marble set for that sounds cool :)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »
Though this is not in reply to any message here, I wanted to mention that Ive done alot of levels with names based on various titles (movies, tv, music, and even games). Unfortunately many of those ended up being a total flop (hardly challenging levels), with the only good feature being the overall design on the levels.

I could put down a list of what I have done.
Has anyone been able to access my levels lately?

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »
Though this is not in reply to any message here, I wanted to mention that Ive done alot of levels with names based on various titles (movies, tv, music, and even games). Unfortunately many of those ended up being a total flop (hardly challenging levels), with the only good feature being the overall design on the levels.

What are your levelpaks called? I'd be interested in identifying them :)

Quite recently I have been thinking of the final level for my 4th pack. I am going to use possibly crystal graphics or the bubble graphics. For a crystal level I was going to call it something like this

The Blue Frame of Illusion (A challenging level with lemmings doing several challenges, such as evading traps and bashing or bombing through terrain.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 03:04:22 PM »

I have done (which I did back in early 2008) a few of them which were downloaded in the Lemmings File Portal. I've remembered some of your levels including the Pipeline expressway and Lemming City (which I wanted to rename "The city of Lemmsville" for my own benefit).
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 10:38:33 PM »
You will find my levels under the name VanClan on the File Portal (levelpacks section). They were part of my first pack, but I had more levels ready to go and I didnt get around to uploading the second one because it wasnt completely finished. I dont know if they are still able to be viewed even if I upload them.

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »
More level names to come

Escape from Hell (Hell set, lemmings break through terrain to get to top of level)
Enslaved Lemmings (Lemmings trapped in a box, or even maybe trapdoors with lemmings needing rescuing)
Lake of despair (Using hell set, maybe difficult to pass)
Sewage System (Using underground set and several steel blocks with small terrain pieces on them)
Satan's keep (Using hell set, maybe a large layout of the level)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 03:54:44 AM »
here's a big list of level titles I collected for myself but I thought I'd share it  :)
actually this is only half of my list  :XD: it's big

[some of these were intended for or came from other games so may seem out of place but, ya never know]

I'm Batman
Fire & Forget
Barbequed
Dropped Dead
The Sting
Enemy at the Gate
Frontier Justice
Shoot the Breeze
Hard to Kill
Hotshot
I Fry
Vanguard Party
that's a Wrap
Riftwalker
With Friends like These...
Crash & Burn
Cooking the Books
Hot Potato
Masquerade
Kutu of Ekakin
You can Build It
Tripple Steel
We can Build You
We can build it for you wholesale
Saved by the ______
Rode Hard Put Away Wet
Trust your feelings
Robbin’ Hood
Shock Treatment
Rude Mood
Scuttlebuttin’
Say What?
Bad Like Jesse James
Stealing Home
Hall of the Sun/ Order and Succession/ Hidden Links/ Night sky/ Chaos/ Death/ Ascendency
Pain and Frustration
Harmony of the Hussuna
Assembly of the Planners
Path to Mahimah/ Utsavah
Battle of Baden Hill
Die Another way
Dead Reckoning
Moving Force
The Three Amigos
Wet Work
Water Works/ Water World
There can be only one!
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain