Author Topic: Lemming 3D Help  (Read 11023 times)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Lemming 3D Help
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 11:14:26 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore link=1143321616/0#13 date=1145354003
Quote from: Mindless link=1143321616/0#9 date=1145331306
It's really interesting that everyone refers to 3D Lemmings as Lemmings 3D... &#A0;:P
Actually, now that I downloaded and tried out the game briefly, this confusion is partly Clockwork's fault: &#A0;the game executable is named "L3D" rather than "3DL", and in the intro sequence before the main menu, it has a screen with the text "3D" below "Lemmings", and so since English is generally printed with lines going down, naturally one would read that screen as "Lemmings 3D" rather than "3D Lemmings".

There might be other places in the game where they have "Lemmings 3D" but I haven't seen them yet. &#A0;In other places they do have "3D Lemmings", and no doubt in the game manual and the box itself it is "3D Lemmings".
In the level "It's the Name of the Game," the Lemmings have to walk across a bunch of terrain that forms the words, "LEMMINGS 3D." &#A0;But generally, I use the two names interchangeably.

I still haven't had any luck getting the game to work on XP, though. &#A0;When I try to open it, a DOS window comes up, but then it quickly closes by itself. &#A0;I'm not going to worry about it, though -- as I said before, I currently have the game working fine on an older computer.