Author Topic: Beast of a Music  (Read 9217 times)

OneWeirdDude

Beast of a Music
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:49:22 PM »
To whom does this MIDI file belong, the one of A Beast of a Level?

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/

I want to find someone to grant me permission to fix it up.

Double U
:laugh:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Beast of a Music
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 10:23:18 PM »
It's mine, but I think the copy there is outdated.  Let me get you a slightly more recent version of it tonight.  I'm post here once I upload it.

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 10:24:59 PM »
It's mine, but I think the copy there is outdated.  Let me get you a slightly more recent version of it tonight.  I'm post here once I upload it.
Sweet.  Thang Q.

Double U.
 :cool:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:20:36 AM »
http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/beast1.mid

Permission granted to edit as you see (hear?) fit, provided you let us hear what you come up with! :wink:  Have fun.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 06:21:22 AM »
I have also a version of mine of this song. Just go to the Lemmings File Portal and download DosLemmingsSongs.rar. The file "DosBeastI.mid" is in there.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:40:59 PM »
http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/beast1.mid

Permission granted to edit as you see (hear?) fit, provided you let us hear what you come up with! :wink:  Have fun.
Thanks.  Uh, I lost my last copy of Music Sculptor, so do you know any MIDI editors around?

Double U.
 ???

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »
I have also a version of mine of this song. Just go to the Lemmings File Portal and download DosLemmingsSongs.rar. The file "DosBeastI.mid" is in there.
Oh yeah, and I hate to say it, but I think yours could do for some slight improvement (just slightly), as it hesitates at the end when I put it in loop mode.  Can this be fixed?

Double U.
 :tongue:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 05:29:37 PM »
That MIDI was originally made for Ahribar for the Cheapo lemmings clone, which doesn't loop the music properly anyway (when Cheapo tries to loop the music it skips about half a second of the beginning, or something like that), that's why I added a sort of ending, a fadeout, and a second or two of silence.

I thought you're going to fix it yourself?  If the MIDI player you're using can loop it correctly, you can simply cut it off at the point where the music repeats, and remove the silence at the beginning.

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 06:48:18 PM »
My apologies, I was referring to DragonsLover's version.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 01:03:29 AM »
What kind of improvement do you want? Adding a silence? Doing a fadeout?

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 02:54:13 AM »
I was just thinking along the lines of a personal preference.  I wanted it, and the others, to run "into" itself when done, so that once it started, it might be hard to remember when it restarted, after a while.

Double U.
 :-\

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 06:35:48 AM »
Thanks.  Uh, I lost my last copy of Music Sculptor, so do you know any MIDI editors around?
Speaking of Music Sculptor, even though I never knew of this program before, I just Googled right now and here's a link to a page where you could download that program:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Software/Windows/musculpt.html

I actually don't have a good recommendation for MIDI editors because I haven't found one that's completely to my satisfaction.  For creating MIDIs from scratch (such as the MIDI you were asking about), I often use NoteWorthy Composer; however it's not recommended for editing existing MIDIs, because (at least in the free edition of the program) when it imports MIDIs into its own file format, it strips out the dynamics (loudness) and other controller information.  For editing existing MIDIs not created from NoteWorthy, one program I have used is Microsoft DirectMusic Producer.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 06:47:42 AM »
The program I'm using to sequence MIDI is Anvil Studio which is very simple and easy-to-use and allows basic MIDI sequencing. For all the songs I've created so far, I did them by Anvil Studio.

Note that it's the basic version. You can buy extras to get much things and makes the sequencing easier, but I don't care about that.

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 04:49:45 PM »
Thanks, guys.  But this will be harder than I thought, as I know what I want to do (I think), but have no idea how to do it.  Got any (generic) advice?  So far, I don't have specific questions.  Yet.

Double U.
 :mikeconfused: