Author Topic: Pickup skills: trigger area, coloring [CONTENT]  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Pickup skills: trigger area, coloring [CONTENT]
« on: April 22, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »
BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/issues/21/pickup-skill-trigger-areas-too-small

Brain dump on pickup skills from when Nepster was here in 2016-03. From Icho, Nepster, and me.

Coloring: In the L1 crystal and ONML rock set, the pickup skills have a white bg. This clashes with the lemming skin. Maybe there are other sets with the same problem, Nepster doesn't remember them.

Trigger area (TA): The TA is too far down within the pickup skill gadget. We all agreed how this is problematic. Lemmings don't collect the pickup, even though the pickup overlaps more than 50 % of the lemming body.

Icho: Move the image, not the TA! Moving the TA breaks replays for almost no benefit.

Simon: The TA's lower border is okay, but it doesn't extend far enough upwards. Increase the TA's vertical size. When the new TA contains the old TA as a subset, you can't break replays.

Nepster: There should be less TA near the bottom, and there should be more towards the top, but add more area than you remove. (= Move the image as Icho has suggested, then make the new TA a superset of the implemented TA, as Simon has suggested.)

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:24:37 PM by namida »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pickup skills: trigger area, coloring
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 09:38:21 AM »
I think this should wait until things like updrafts, pick-ups and so on are generalised for every tileset.  I won't change every pick-up in my tilesets for little effect.