Author Topic: bug in Lemmix/LemmixPlayer: incorrect entrance order for 3-entrance levels!  (Read 8966 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
That said, I believe the level file formats are identical on the Amiga version, so any level editor that works for DOS Lemmings also works for Amiga Lemmings, as long as the editor doesn't have to run on an Amiga and you have the means to transfer files from a PC to an Amiga (or an emulation of Amiga).

The problem is that the level files were compressed, and only a decompressor is available (afaik), so you can't put levels back into the game.

What?? ??? You're the one who wrote the compressor program for DOS!  (Unless you're a different Mindless from the one on the old old forum.)  Not to mention that LemEdit and Lemmix can handle compressed levelXXX.dat levelpak files no problem.  And since AFAIK the compression is identical in DOS and Amiga Lemmings (otherwise you couldn't have extracted the levels from Amiga in the first place), you should be able to put levels back into the game just as you could edit the levelXXX.dat files in DOS Lemmings.

Offline lorcan

• View Profile
Thank you very much Clam Spammer  ;) I'll have a look asap

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
W H A T ? !

Actually, if it's possible to add hard drive lemmings to Amiga emulators, it's probably possible to attempt to add levels.

btw, does anyone have a way to contact Mike Dailly?  I'd like to know if he tried to start the disk on an actual Amiga or at least an Amiga emulator.  The few other people who worked on lemmings might also have disks that could be tested.  Also, I must ask how something can be decompressed but not compressed.

We could have this Mindless prove he's the REAL Mindless by telling him to use his avatar he had on the old forums.  I deleted my AdBlock Plus filter on his old avatar, so...