Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 168887 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »
LIX 3-of-each solution: very nice  :thumbsup:

Odd Jobs: good to have a final version. My solution now saves 100% with a bit of care (separating the floaters by assigining the first at the bottom of the drop) but this was probably possible on the old version too. I don't like the way, on this level, if you set the miner too high, the lixes drown because their head touches part of the water even though it's hidden behind steel. It's contrary to both Lemmings knowledge and common sense :) Perhaps steel should have a cancelling effect on object triggers, or something like that?

I preferred "Slippery Pete" as the title, to be honest -- especially as "Odd Jobs" was already used on Lemmings Revolution, as you pointed out.

Bridges Burning: replay attached. Very nice level.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
Alright, simple backroute fix for Get Hype I think: make the level save 12/13 instead of 9/10. Nice catch.

Edit: Wait, no, it can still be done with that solution, give me one second to look at it more.
Edit2: Here, try this version instead.
Edit3: Nope, that doesn't work either. Give me yet another moment.
Edit4: Ok, here's a version that I think works.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:29 PM »
Replay for gethype3 and update to the easier version, all terrain changes carried across and all "5" skills changed to 3.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2012, 02:46:04 AM »
Odd Jobs: good to have a final version. My solution now saves 100% with a bit of care
I preferred "Slippery Pete" as the title, to be honest -- especially as "Odd Jobs" was already used on Lemmings Revolution, as you pointed out.

I meant to change the name- I just forgot cause I got the versions confused. Also its supposed to be 100% required.

Here is a remake of Pieuw's level "Diggin' the air". He gave me permission to do his levels, so I may do more, quite a few more possibly. He has a ton; from easy to really hard. Now I didn't get to test this much, so it may require tweaking because of differences in Lix from Lemini which what he used I believe.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2012, 03:41:46 AM »
Replay for gethype3 and update to the easier version, all terrain changes carried across and all "5" skills changed to 3.

Hmmmmm, I kind of want to force the player to do ... something. This is very close to intended but I want the player to use something else near the end. Here's another upload.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:39 AM »
Here's two more levels. The first is a simple one, I thought it might be a good "introduction" level demonstrating the jump skill. I could always make it more complex too.
The other is another remake of a level from Pieuw. I thought this one was pretty good. The original terrain was the bubble theme, I had to use the terrain from a different tile-set because i needed more thickness than the wood.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2012, 01:46:46 AM »
I'm getting something of a "We All Fall Down" vibe from that level. Nah, it's fine, just please don't make a follow-up with twice as many lixes.

Here's (presumably) a backroute for "Bibbidi" (which either you or Pieuw spelled wrong -- there are no Ls).

"Diggin' the air" is certainly completable, and not too difficult, in Lix; I don't know how exactly it compares to the Lemmini version, but I see no problem with leaving the level in as it is. Very nice work on rebuilding it.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2012, 02:30:29 AM »
A few more levels, one familiar, two maybe not as familiar.

EDIT: Here's a revised version of A Matter of Perspective, the original has a backroute.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2012, 10:20:40 AM »
Here's a level that grew off from a somewhat wacky idea into, well, this wacky-ish level. :P  You be the judge.

Note: some precision required, but should not be annoying to execute especially with zzz-mode.  Feel free to send me even almost-solutions, at least I can tell you whether it's intended or not and adjust accordingly.  Or maybe redo the whole level if you actually manage to come up with something neater. ;)

Visually there's definitely much room for improvement, basically the whole upper half of the level area screams for some sort of ceiling decorations.  I might even consider making the background color non-black (as I recall, some people like minimac dislikes large swaths of black, and yet you need some open spaces for this level, obviously).

[edit: fixed backroute, see more recent post for updated version A]

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
Not completely unexpectedly, I found a backroute myself.  Although it's actually not so bad, I might even consider changing the level to use the backroute over my solution.  Or maybe even make a "part 1" "part 2" of the level in the set to keep both solutions (though maybe not, because the backroute is not totally different from intended either).

That said, I've hastily created a second version of the level that should have that particular backroute eliminated.  We can figure out what to do later set-wise, once the level(s) has been played by other people.

[edit: fixed backroute, see later post for updated version B]

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »
I'm getting "missing terrain" errors on Razor's Edge and No More Heroes  :(

Here's a solution to the new Get Hype ... I think I'll hold off adapting the easier version to each change until there's a final version of the level ;)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
That's because Steve used the abstract style which isn't included in the current Lix version yet. You can get it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43603680/abstract.zip

I also made a couple of mostly easier levels using it, but didn't post them yet for precisely that reason: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43603680/abstractlevs.zip

Didn't get around to checking out most of the new levels yet, sorry.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
Completed "Razor's Edge" and the four Minimalism levels -- those don't really warrant a replay. Ironically, Minimalism 1 took me the longest to solve. Replays for "Land of rainbows and unicorns" and "Buy one get one free (part one)" attached. I have to finish the chapter I'm writing today, so I haven't had time to complete the other two yet, or Insane Steve's other two.

I sent Pieuw a message about the backroute, and he was happy for me to try fixing it. However, after viewing his intended solution, I can't actually make it work on TM's remake. The lemmings always climb out of the basher tunnel, and you can't get across that gap from the upper level with two builders. So... is the best thing to do to leave the level as is, with the backroute becoming the solution, or try to fix it?  ???

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2012, 11:16:54 PM »
Redid No More Heroes to have a one minute timer instead of a 1:20 one, which I was trying for at first. Solution is not changed that much but a couple things are added.

Think I should hold off of posting new levels outside the chat until I have them in a more finalised state  :(
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »
here's two more. (these aren't remakes) One uses a trick that I haven't seen anywhere but I'm sure it's been used before.
When a lix hits a bumper or (spring board whatever they're called) or when you use the batter skill they seem to take an awful long time to recover and go back to walking. Maybe I'm just being impatient.

I sent Pieuw a message about the backroute, and he was happy for me to try fixing it. However, after viewing his intended solution, I can't actually make it work on TM's remake. The lemmings always climb out of the basher tunnel, and you can't get across that gap from the upper level with two builders. So... is the best thing to do to leave the level as is, with the backroute becoming the solution, or try to fix it?  ???

so that was a backroute?? That's actually how I completed it originally.  Tell me what the intended solution is. It sounds like it's just a problem of the terrain being slightly too far away or close. It's probably easy to fix.

-Hakuin Ekaku