Author Topic: [BUG] Cursor sometimes switches to the "lemming hand" in level select screen  (Read 186 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
I have found that sometimes the mouse cursor will revert to the Lemming hand cursor used in the title screen instead of the Windows mouse pointer ... I have experienced this if the Level Select screen is on-screen and then Alt-Tab or the Windows key is used to switch back to the desktop/another app, and then switched back to SLX.

From a quick look at the code, I can't see anything that would be causing this and I haven't been able to replicate the bug.

If possible, can you give a step-by-step of exactly what leads to this happening as this would greatly help me to find a possible cause (and therefore a fix).

Does it happen in NeoLemmix with the NL menu screen cursor? Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
I've definitely seen this happen.

When you more recently made an update I no longer saw this though. I'd open the level-select and open up some level lists and it'd eventually change to the hand.

I can't get mine to do this anymore. you fixed something else about this menu hanging or something and mine never did this again. It was around the time you fixed the menu tile looping thing so it'd stop at the highest difficulty.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
OK, thanks Jeremy.

Come to think of it, I think I remember something like this happening when I very first implemented the Amiga cursor, but haven't had it happen in a long time and I'm also struggling to get it to happen.

@Tygerboi - which version of SLX are you using?

Offline Tygerboi

• View Profile
OK, thanks Jeremy.

Come to think of it, I think I remember something like this happening when I very first implemented the Amiga cursor, but haven't had it happen in a long time and I'm also struggling to get it to happen.

@Tygerboi - which version of SLX are you using?

I was actually using v2.7.1.  I have just realised that you're now up to 2.7.3, so have just downloaded that, and the styles pack, so will update my installation and then get back to you with the info you asked for, if the problem recurs.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
OK, I'll keep the topic open for now. Go ahead and let me know if you notice it again, and I'll also keep my eye out for it as well.