Author Topic: PSP Lemmings Poll  (Read 9247 times)

tumble_weed

PSP Lemmings Poll
« on: July 28, 2005, 09:53:37 AM »
Just wanting to see how many people are actually going to get this game, feel free to discuss your answer  :devil:

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Re: PSP Lemmings Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 12:12:55 PM »
Probably, I need to save enough to buy both a PSP and a DS first...

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 01:11:04 PM »
No way. I love Lemmings, but I'd never get a PSP just for that. Come to think of it, even if I did have a PSP I still wouldn't get it.

Lemmings is like Tetris: no matter how many times they clone it, the first version will always be the best.

Andi

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 01:12:52 PM »
The PSP is too expensive.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 04:10:29 PM »
Maybe... I'll see later...
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 01:42:02 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1122544418/0#2 date=1122556264
No way. I love Lemmings, but I'd never get a PSP just for that.

:agree:

I don't have a PSP, and I am not interested in buying one just for playing Lemmings, especially when I can play it on my computer for free.

tumble_weed

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »
Well if I did have a PSP I'd definitly get it...but when the PSPs come out here they'll be $400 so...uh...expensive...but at least the PSP looks good...

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 04:49:28 PM »
Uh $400?
Roughly converted to british pounds thats about &#A3;275. I think I'll pass.

tumble_weed

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 04:57:20 PM »
um Well that's AUD400 not US400

but still it would be nice to play lemmings with nice new graphics (which actually stay true to the original) plus new levels...

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 05:03:34 PM »
Quote from: tumble_weed  link=1122544418/0#8 date=1122656240
but still it would be nice to play lemmings with nice new graphics (which actually stay true to the original)

Huh?  "stay true to the original"?  The last demo I've seen, the graphics are more different from the original than Cheapo's graphics are.  Oh, and looks like the game mechanics might be a little different too--the miner's mining angle looks a bit steeper.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 05:06:41 PM »
Yes, it did seem a bit expensive *uses converter*

$400.00       =  &#A3;172.50

So I was &#A3;100 out. It's still very expensive.

Offline Argai

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 08:55:02 PM »
I've voted: "No way!"

tumble_weed

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 06:11:22 AM »
Quote from: guest  link=1122544418/0#9 date=1122656614
Huh?  "stay true to the original"?  The last demo I've seen, the graphics are more different from the original than Cheapo's graphics are.  Oh, and looks like the game mechanics might be a little different too--the miner's mining angle looks a bit steeper.

well I thinki they did a good job with the new graphics from what I've seen, they've stayed true to the original  themes...but just "updated" them...and its hard to comment exactly about cheapo styles...concidering that there are the original lemmings graphics for cheapo now...so in that case cheapo stays can stay true to the original depending on the graphics used.

Lemmings 3D - doesn't stay true to the original at all, as well as that the 3D graphics for the game wern't done that well (and a new skill was added - turner), although Lemmings 3D was still a very good game, some of the puzzles were very challenging.

Lemmings Paintball - for obvious reasons this isn't even remotely close to the original, gameplay or graphics wise, this is move of an action game than a puzzle game and you don't really have any "skills". So probably out of every Lemmings game this would be the least similar to the original.

Lemmings Revolution - The revolving style levels as well as the graphics (mostly flat and mechanic looking) are different from the original lemmings.

etc...

So I guess it's easy to understand now what I mean by it being similar to the original, anyway the game hasn't been released yet and of course anything could change between now and the release date, they still haven't shown us some screenshots of what the Hell style levels look like yet.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 07:55:38 PM »
Quote from: tumble_weed  link=1122544418/0#12 date=1122703882

well I thinki they did a good job with the new graphics from what I've seen, they've stayed true to the original &#A0;themes...but just "updated" them...<snip>

Oh ok I see.  But of course, this is supposed to be a remake, so that pretty much by your definition is going to "stay true to the original", unlike the other Lemming games you mentioned that are intended to be different from the original.

So, what's the targeted release date for the game?

tumble_weed

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 09:22:29 AM »
well it would be a bit stupid to have it exactly the same with the original pixely graphics...right?

and i'm not sure of the reslease date...it will probably be later here in australia though, the PSP isn't even out here yet