Author Topic: Re: Help a Lemedit newbie!  (Read 14901 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: Help a Lemedit newbie!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 09:56:11 PM »
If you want to run CustLemm, you must also mount your CD-ROM drive. Why? Because that is how CustLemm handles music. It always checkes for the CD-ROM drive whether or not you actually have a CD in it.

"mount d d:\ -t cdrom"

Change the letters to whatever matches your system. The "-t cdrom" part tells DOSBox that the drive is a CD-ROM drive.

Alternatively, you can download ccexplore's nocdlem.exe, which handles music and doesn't require a CD-ROM drive.

Conway

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 11:10:51 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125615535/0#11 date=1126641711
Some of the levels certainly look interesting, especially the one that used terrain to spell "Help me out"!

Thanks!  B) I enjoyed your level too.

JM, I actually know next to nothing about DOSBox. Since DOS programs can be run directly in DOSBox by dragging its icon into that of DOSbox, it can run programs through it with the '%1' protocol, I simply created a context menu extension for applications to open in DOSBox. >Download!< It probably only works with the XP registry though. So I don't actually know how to use DOSBox, I just run stuff through it.

How does nocdlem.exe work, and where can I download it? Does it enable Custlemm to be played in DOSBox?

Jazzem

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 11:23:47 PM »
It's just one thing after another!

After making my selections on my PC performance, it says that it's loading and tells me to wait, but it doesn't seem to load at all.

Should I run it on a certain PC performance setting?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 11:40:12 PM »
You MUST use option 1. The others for specific models of computers that aren't supported. (Of course, if you picked something else, you could've tried the other 3 before asking us... :P )

Jazzem

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 11:47:56 PM »
The same still happens :-( I don't need DOS Lemmings or anything, do I?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 11:55:47 PM »
Oh! Yeah, you need all the graphical, etc. data files (Lemmings and ONML). Hmm, you should be able to download them somewhere. I don't have a link right now, but maybe someone else does.

Jazzem

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 11:58:31 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1125615535/15#19 date=1126914947
Oh! Yeah, you need all the graphical, etc. data files (Lemmings and ONML). Hmm, you should be able to download them somewhere.

The Lemedit ones don't work I take it?

I'll have a look around, if anyone knows please tell yours truly.

Thanks for everything shvegait, you've been a great help and you've shown your patience. Three cheers for Shve! :D

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 12:28:09 AM »
Hmm. Jazzem, I'm not sure what you mean by the LemEdit ones. Perhaps you got it bundled, but when I downloaded LemEdit/CustLemm the first time, they didn't come with the ground#o.dat, or vgagr#.dat files, and I needed to use the files from Lemmings (and ONML). Their reasoning was that you shouldn't be able to edit the game if you don't own it. Now, no one is really going to care if you download these files...

What files do you have in your directory? It might help to know what you have so we can find out if you're missing something.

Conway: http://eng-forum.lemmingswelt.de/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1124711479

Maybe you weren't around when ccexplore introduced this. It's neat!

Conway

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 01:14:49 AM »
Cool! It even works in DOSBox.

Thanks Guest, and Shvegait! B)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 02:51:57 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1125615535/15#21 date=1126912251
Does it enable Custlemm to be played in DOSBox?

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask about this. Do you have trouble running CustLemm in DOSBox? It has always worked perfectly fine for me, but the way you worded the question made me curious.

Jazzem

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 10:46:57 AM »
http://usera.imagecave.com/Jazzem/Custlemmdata.bmp.jpg

Apart from nocdlem, the Tiffany's and Yippee files and the levelpak.dat folder that's what I got.

DOSbox tells me that it can't change the directory to nocdlem :-(

Conway

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2005, 02:39:38 PM »
Shveg, most people get this when they try to run Custlemm in DOSBox. http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/uploads/DosBox%20help.bmp

JM

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2005, 03:20:17 PM »
Ahhh! I seem to get that problem everytime i run Custlemm in DosBox. Instead I run it in XP. Who has a clue why that happens in DoxBox?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 03:37:03 PM »
Conway and JM, did you not see my first post on page 2? That's not an error, and I even gave an explanation... :-(

Jazzem: levelpak.dat should be a file, not a folder. I'm not sure what you have in that folder, but it needs to be just a single set of levels...

And that is probably your problem, because you don't even have a levelpak.dat file, which CustLemm needs to have any levels at all.

JM

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 03:47:19 PM »
Shvegait I saw it. Also Jazzem if you haven't got a levelpak.dat file send me an e-mail at thetransplants2@hotmail.com and I'll give you a file. I think I have ccexplore's exe file aswell.