Author Topic: Name Lemmings 3 levels  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Name Lemmings 3 levels
« on: April 13, 2011, 04:05:55 AM »
Those of you who have played Lemmings 3 (under its various titles) will know that the developers didn't name the levels, instead just labeling them with a number. Some of you will also remember my own L3 custom levelset, where I gave each level a name, just because it didn't seem right without them. So, (yes I know, that was ages ago and I only just thought of this) why don't we try to name all the levels from the original game?

You can find screenshots of the levels at The Lemmings Encyclopedia.

Here's what I've thought up for Classic 1-5:

1: Hit the ground running
2: Meet the new guys
3: The Armory
4: Lemmings in the attic (this time you have to get the lemmings out of the attic instead of in)
5: D.I.Y.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Name Lemmings 3 levels
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:28:28 AM »
Too bad you didn't start this in June 2010 which is when I apparently last played the game.  Anyway, I had to fire up the game again, some of the screenshots in TLE didn't quite do the level justice (eg. it didn't clearly show that Classic 2 starts with 2 "trapped" lemmings).

Here're my idea(s) on Classic 1-5, plus 6 so we move forward:

Classic 1: Just jump!
                Step up to a better place
Classic 2: Don't forget us!
                Prison Break
Classic 3: Security Bypass
                Prison Break Part 2 [kinda make sense in conjunction with previous level, as if you've break out of the jail cell and now need to get past the security lasers]
Classic 4: [can't think of anything, let's stick with Clam's]
Classic 5: Don't lose your focus!
                Black Widow
                Something's getting harder (okay that's really bad......)
                The Long Way Home
Classic 6: Downtown [not feeling this one either]

And here's to kicking off the other tribes:

Egypt 1: Just dig!
              One floor down

Shadow 1: Mine entrance [this is considering Shadow 2 looks like it's inside a mine]

=======

It's kinda fun, but maybe this is also trying too hard.  The random title approach may work better for most of the levels, just like it was done for some of the Lemmings 1/ONML/Lemmings 2 levels.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
Those of you who have played Lemmings 3 (under its various titles) will know that the developers didn't name the levels, instead just labeling them with a number.

Considering that they might've planned for 12 tribes but got just 3 done, one has to wonder if they just decided to save time and not waste it on naming the levels?

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:00:38 AM »
I've seen the game before on youtube but
Theres only about 3 people who post video of the levels
Can i at lease show you
I know you and some people here play it
But to me it lost its uniqueness

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:20:32 AM »
Egypt 1: Just dig!

I dunno about reusing old titles... It's kinda funny, in a self-referential-humour kinda way, but I'm sure we can do better ;). How about "Just drop in!"?

And a few more (Egypt):

2: The Waters Run Red
3: Cliffhanger (lame cliches FTW!)
4: The Diving Board (okay, what did I just say about reusing titles... seems too appropriate though :P)
5: Race to the sky (in reference to this)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »
4: The Diving Board (okay, what did I just say about reusing titles... seems too appropriate though :P)

Is that title from 3D or Revolutions?  If so then you can argue it's not a reuse, since those games would come after Lemmings 3.

Anyway, a few more contributions:

Shadow 2: Reflect on this!  [note level's symmetrical design]
Shadow 3: Mine cart mayhem
Shadow 4: Swimming Ninja Lemmings!

Egypt 6: Groundhog Day  [yeah okay it's actually a mole, whatever]

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 11:27:29 PM »

Is that title from 3D or Revolutions?  If so then you can argue it's not a reuse, since those games would come after Lemmings 3.

Oh... well I thought it was a level in some port of the original Lemmings, but maybe it was just a custom level. ??? Anyway, as it turns out, there is a level in Revolution with that title.