Lix > Lix Levels

Lemforum outtakes/replacements, 0.10.x

<< < (6/6)

mobius:

--- Quote from: geoo on December 23, 2022, 04:29:40 PM ---Pretty sure this is a backroute.
I also suspect that there's more backroute potential using the fling bombers, so it might be better to replace them with normal bombers.

--- End quote ---

thanks. Yes it is. I'm forgetting about this level entirely and eventually I will make my own level conceptualizing this idea better for my own pack.

Simon:

--- Quote from: Proxima on December 16, 2022, 07:43:40 AM ---Okay, concrete suggestion for Ferry Tale: We accept mobius's new level Private Room Without Room for L25, remove 6 Gaps, move 100 Ways to Die to Q6, and move Ferry Tale (the new version) to Q15.

--- End quote ---

Good with me!

Private Room Without Room needs some final touches then:

* IIRC I found a backroute in December. Have to re-investigate.

* 40 lix is a lot. Let's stop spawning new lix when the route is finished.

* The flat spot on the rocks where we feel like assigning basher should be the proper spot to assign the basher. I'll fine-tune the spot with eraser pieces.
I'll see what I come up with tonight, and discuss the results with mobius.

-- Simon

mobius:

--- Quote from: Simon on January 07, 2023, 05:08:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Proxima on December 16, 2022, 07:43:40 AM ---Okay, concrete suggestion for Ferry Tale: We accept mobius's new level Private Room Without Room for L25, remove 6 Gaps, move 100 Ways to Die to Q6, and move Ferry Tale (the new version) to Q15.

--- End quote ---

Good with me!

Private Room Without Room needs some final touches then:

* IIRC I found a backroute in December. Have to re-investigate.

* 40 lix is a lot. Let's stop spawning new lix when the route is finished.

* The flat spot on the rocks where we feel like assigning basher should be the proper spot to assign the basher. I'll fine-tune the spot with eraser pieces.
I'll see what I come up with tonight, and discuss the results with mobius.

-- Simon

--- End quote ---

any modifications you make to that level are fine with me.

Proxima:
Okay, I've had time now to look through all of mobius's new levels. Haven't solved them all yet. My thoughts on each one:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Private Room Without Room -- This is a good, easy level. We can definitely find room for it in Lovely, whether we end up removing 6 Gaps, Golden Steps, or some other level. The only thing against it maybe is that it feels similar to some existing levels, such as Q22 Every Which Way But Loose -- it's a bit like a simplified version of it. Still, overall a good choice.

A Break in the Platform -- Really nice level. Early Cunning would be about right for it. The main route is fairly clear but you have to work out exactly how to rescue the crowd without making a hole in the route to the exit. Good puzzle with a clear linchpin.

Leave No Lix Behind -- This is simply beautiful. A lot of the skill assignments are obvious, but when you try to put them together, the real puzzle reveals itself. Definitely one we should make room for -- late Daunting feels about right.

Locked and Loaded -- Haven't found the intended solution yet. I was able to backroute it by building/bashing to get up the second miner obstacle from left to right. Since this seems clearly impossible without hacks, I believe mobius when he says there is a really nice main solution. I'll keep trying to solve it, but the level would need more backroute-proofing before we could use it. If it does get fixed, it could go in late Vicious, maybe even Hopeless.

Niche -- This is a "make the destructive skill continue" level similar to H28 The Lix Lies Down on Broadway, but much more fiddly, and what you have to do is pretty obvious, whereas the reason Broadway is so hard and so highly ranked is that it hides very well the fact that it's a skill-continue level at all. So, not wild about it, but it could go somewhere around Daunting if we end up with enough levels we want to cut.

Try Climbing That! -- Seems very similar to 100% Built By Lixes, just more annoying because everyone must climb. Not sure this is worth including.

Simon:
This has fallen by the wayside also. Thanks to Proxima for evaluating the suggested entrants.

It's two issues: Reorder existing lemforum, and replace weak levels with mobius's strongest suggestions. Feel free to post a complete plan (what levels go where), otherwise I'll comb through this thread and post one.

-- Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version