Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 187369 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2005, 06:44:20 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1089136533/330#339 date=1127335944
I'm afraid not; for instance, if you look at where the wires cross in the top-left corner just after the trapdoor, imagine the lemmings are coming from the lower left. On your version they'll fall through immediately and reach the lower platform (the one just right of the plus and above another plus); on the actual level they would only fall through at the intersection of the wires, and reach the middle platform.

Well, my Genesis emulator is contradicting what you said above:

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/electric_circuits.png

Lemmings coming from the lower left falls immediately, as I would expect from the game mechanics observed in DOS and a few other versions.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 22, 2005, 07:50:04 AM »
Weird; I realised after I went to bed last night that what I said was wrong, but then what I *thought* I remembered from playing the level was that lemmings from the lower left would walk past the intersection and down the lower-right wire. It's been a long time, so I must just have remembered wrongly. Sorry about that!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 22, 2005, 08:07:08 AM »
So does it sound like my modifications would be suitable for a Cheapo remake of that level?

Well, either way, I think I'm going to go ahead and remake the level based on that modification, and then someone here can playtest and decide whether it's close enough to the actual Genesis version.

...hmm, and guess what, I'm now going to ask Ahribar to e-mail me one of his styles (the Genesis crystal style) he's sitting on because I haven't finished the MIDIs......  X_X

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 22, 2005, 08:55:52 AM »
Actually, it doesn't exist; I've done the ten Amiga/PC styles, the Genesis dirt style, and the SNES Pink style. I'll e-mail you the crystal style; that is one of the ones I've released a version of (because it was used in the collaborative level), but I have a slightly more up-to-date version to send.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2005, 01:03:14 PM »
Here's my Cheapo remake attempt for Genesis Present 17, "Electric circuit":

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/electriccircuit.zip

It uses Ahribar's "MichaelBlue" style (note: it's over 1MB):

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/michaelblue.zip

It's a rather "lazy" remake.  I basically just copied and pasted the screenshot (modified as noted in earlier posts) into Cheapo, erased the entrances, traps and exits that were in the screenshot, and then put in the actual objects and metal areas.

Ideally, since Cheapo levels have a vertical height of 200 rather than 160, the "correct" thing to do would be to proportionally scale (horizontally and vertically) the position of the lines accordingly.  But it seems to me that an unscaled copy-and-paste works just fine and looks fine.

Anyway, check it out and see for yourself.  PM me if you find ways to solve the level (especially without using glitches in Cheapo) which isn't possible in the actual Genesis version.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2005, 01:57:46 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1089136533/345#349 date=1127394194
But it seems to me that an unscaled copy-and-paste works just fine and looks fine.

On that level, yes; it's only going to cause problems if the safe fall distance comes into play. I'll have a look at your version in a sec.

JM

« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2005, 02:09:24 PM »
Has anyone got a Lemedit version if the level?

Leviathan

« Reply #352 on: September 22, 2005, 04:51:18 PM »
My second pack has been released and it's available here:http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php It's called "Levipak2.zip".

When playing the first level remember that a trap isn't always a trap (reference to a Genesis level) :)

JM

« Reply #353 on: September 22, 2005, 05:15:42 PM »
There's some levels in there with some good puzzles. I'm proud of Ventral Maintenance. I am proud of Splatter Bonus it's got a good solution. No world without you has good scenery. Both your first and your second levelpaks rock!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 22, 2005, 06:14:11 PM »
Nice levels  :thumbsup:

"Yeah right... you wish!" is a neat level. I'm missing one piece of information to solve it though. Hmmmm...

JM, I don't think you mean you're "proud" of them. Maybe you enjoy them, but you can't be proud of them :P

JM

« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2005, 06:17:30 PM »
I enjoy them Shvegait. He did make good levels and you certainly make good levels in your first 3 packs. Well you probably have done the same with your unreleased 4th pack.

Leviathan

« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2005, 06:28:03 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1089136533/345#354 date=1127412851
Nice levels &#A0;:thumbsup:

"Yeah right... you wish!" is a neat level. I'm missing one piece of information to solve it though. Hmmmm...

JM, I don't think you mean you're "proud" of them. Maybe you enjoy them, but you can't be proud of them :P

Everything in the beginning needs to be pixel precise,you can only afford to loose 2 lems...

This level required lots of adjusting when designing untill I found out the exact positions of certain pieces for the level to work :)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2005, 08:40:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm certain I got the very beginning down. It's the last step that I can't seem to figure out... I've been able to save 96%...

Leviathan

« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2005, 08:58:07 PM »
I'll PM you to ask where the troubles begin :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2005, 11:26:56 PM »
Quote from: JM  link=1089136533/345#351 date=1127398164
Has anyone got a Lemedit version if the level?

Sorry, not at the moment.  LemEdit doesn't support pasting in arbitrary terrain graphics, so I'd actually have to do a bit of work (either manually or writing a program) in order to come up with a LemEdit remake with how ever many terrain pieces necessary to reconstruct the level.

You can always try remaking it yourself though.  A screenshot can be found at http://www.neolemmix.com/levelimg/extra/0217.png