Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 188039 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2005, 08:05:45 PM »
Quote from: JM  link=1089136533/285#299 date=1124817750
I want the styles to show up right because when I open up the levels in Lemedit the graphics are wrong

For example:

Red Brick set is Dirt Set in Lemedit
Rock set is Hell set in Lemedit
Snow set is Pink set in Lemedit
Bubble set is Gold set in Lemedit

In CustLemm, the graphic sets are as follows:

0 (Dirt)
1 (Hell)
2 (Pink)
3 (Gold/Columns)
4 (Crystal)
----
5 (Brick)
6 (Rock)
7 (Snow)
8 (Bubble)
----
9 (Xmas Snow)

However, in ONML, they are not labelled this way. They are arranged like this:

0 (Brick)
1 (Rock)
2 (Snow)
3 (Bubble)

When you load up an ONML level pack in LemEdit, you'll notice all the sets seem to be messed up. If you want a simple solution, just add 5 to the graphics set, and the levels will now appear correctly in LemEdit. You can then save the level and play it in CustLemm.

JM

« Reply #301 on: August 23, 2005, 08:07:56 PM »
I already knew the info Shvegait but thank you for pointing it out :D

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2005, 12:20:46 AM »
Well, you made it sound like you didn't know how to fix the graphics sets, so I thought I'd let you know just in case...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2005, 01:54:49 AM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1089136533/300#300 date=1124827545
In CustLemm, the graphic sets are as follows:

0 (Dirt)
1 (Hell)
2 (Pink)
3 (Gold/Columns)
4 (Crystal)
----
5 (Brick)
6 (Rock)
7 (Snow)
8 (Bubble)

(For completeness's sake)  I think people also sets #9 to the Xmas Lemmings's Snow set.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2005, 02:31:21 AM »
Oops, yeah. Added that. However, it's strange to actually use the Xmas Lemmings set, because it is nearly identical to the Snow set (I think it is even lacking a few terrain pieces), and you don't have the Xmas Lemmings or the Red/Blue palette switch in CustLemm. Plus, you don't have any traps or water :(

JM

« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2005, 11:45:17 AM »
It's still a good job you put up how to fix the graphics. I don't think I've used the Xmas graphics in any of my levels. I'll probably use it in 1 of my future levels.

JM

« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2005, 02:16:43 PM »
I've recently started a new levelpak and so far have got 4 levels made that I need to still do some work on. One of the levels looks like the level Bailey Bridge by Garjen and one is a re-make of Cascade with a different solution. One level has a solution where you have to bomb and bash through the grid to get to the exit and the other level is just air-bashing.

I am enjoying work on this levelpak and I hope the levels turn out good when completed. Good luck to other people working on levelpaks.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 01, 2005, 08:01:24 PM »
did anyone find a way to use only two blockers on 'Another one o' them line levels?'

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 01, 2005, 08:07:37 PM »
I haven't actually tried any of your levels yet, but I'm willing to take a shot at it......6 hours past now.

JM

« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2005, 06:04:29 PM »
I'll be glad when Tim releases the final version of the pack.

MC Marshy

« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2005, 10:56:12 AM »
I have a few levelpaks that I hope to release soon. They may not be too good but do not be offended if the designs look similiar to any of your levels. I haven't been too good at making levels but i hope to make some better levels in the future.

JM

« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2005, 06:03:05 PM »
Sounds good to me dude. I'm still working on Pack 17. I need to test the levels to see if I can make them any harder. I also need to see if all the exits etc work. Hopefully my designs won't turn out bad and I hope that they are more of the hardest levels I have made.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 18, 2005, 03:35:51 AM »
I have started a new pack.  I plan for it to be the first pack that explores the possibility of levels that implement multiple concepts at the same time instead of there being one main thing that is focused on the whole time.  Some of the levels will not be made in this fashion, however.  So far two levels

-It's a long march troops!!!
-As if it were a dream...

As if it were a dream is a level that really did come from a dream. I didn't see it exactly like that.  It was made of white cubes, and it was viewed more like a level in revolution, only it was flat and had a white background.  It seemed to be something like a level's skeleton: the concept was the only thing there.  No style.  No lemmings.  No skills.  Nothing.  Just some cubes hinting at the terrain structure.  So I breathed some life into it and it ended up having twenty lemmings, two entrances and one exit, pink brick set, and other things.  Oh, and by the way.  This was the level that I (think I) experienced the timer-nuke glitch on.

JM

« Reply #313 on: September 18, 2005, 10:22:25 AM »
The levels sound good Tim. I'll have to make a pack full of multi-task levels when JM17 is finished.

This is what needs to be done on JM17.dat

Exit needs to be working on Level 9
Exit needs to be working on Level 4
Level 5 needs to be tested
Level 6 still needs to be worked on
Level 7 needs testing

Leviathan

« Reply #314 on: September 18, 2005, 09:41:20 PM »
I'm about to make my second pack reality,I'm about 75% done.

I intend to make a remake of a few Genesis levels that intrigued me a lot for the remaining slots in my new pack.

Titles of new levels I've made so far are:

-Ventral Maintenance (crystal set)
-Splatter bonus (brick set)
-Bridge over the Mississippi (roman set)
-Water Cascade (roman set)
-Need more help from above? (brick set)
-Yeah right...you wish! (crystal set)
-Umbrellas sold out! (crystal set)

Intended remakes on Genesis levels:

-Final impediment
-The bridge is breaking down
-No world without you