Author Topic: The Lemmings Remake Topic  (Read 30107 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lemmings Remake Topic
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2007, 01:30:26 AM »
So what's up with that remake? Nice work for the menu Eric!

I would be glad to include my levels as the easiest ones in your remake if you want. After a long time, I'm back to Lemmings. I did play the game again entirely under Steem and completed it in 3 days. Now I'm with ONML. Anyway, back to the remake.

Quote from: timfoxxy_236
I think Im a bit slow to ask this, but will there be any special soundtrack or new songs  for the Remake at all?

I could try to create some in MIDIs if you want.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2007, 02:51:14 AM »
Quote from: timfoxxy_236
I think Im a bit slow to ask this, but will there be any special soundtrack or new songs  for the Remake at all?

I suggested that we picked some easily recognized video games (eg. Mario) and create special levels based on graphics of those video games (if not bitmaps of actual levels lifted from the actual game), in which case we would use the music of said video games.  MIDIs of music from popular video games are quite abundant and can be found at www.vgmusic.com.

Of course that's just my idea; we can go with other ideas for special levels, or possibly no special levels at all.  New songs (for any levels, not just the special graphics ones) are also possible, but as we are going to reuse most of the songs from the old games (Lemmings and ONML), we'd need to make sure the new songs "fit" with the old ones in terms of style and mood, say.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2007, 02:06:41 AM »
Most of the songs of Lemmings are based on Classical musics. Why not taking more Classical musics (the only problem is... which ones, there are so many of them)?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2007, 03:33:25 AM »
I'd be more than willing to make a Mario themed level for the remake (seeing how I do have a Mario style for Cheapo...) -- maybe it'll be my first original level in forever.  :undecided:
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2007, 10:58:13 PM »
Hey. Is this thread becoming alive again? Would be nice. Sounds like there are some good new ideas....

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2007, 11:21:21 PM »
It looks like we are getting back into the flow of the remake topic again, however it still seems a bit 'all over the place' with our ideas. Im not sure. I guess I am just not that experienced with new graphics sets or even the cheapo stuff.

TOG

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2007, 01:07:04 AM »
Why do we need new "musics?" I thought the Lemmings Remake was pretty much just throw new levels into the original lemmings game format... But I guess not.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2007, 11:05:41 AM »
Yeah, we should definitely use the original music. I think if we did a special level, then of course those could have special music from the game the level is from.

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »
I thought the same thing, TOG, and strangely I dedicated alot of time to creating my own pack of 100 levels and decided to place them in the lemmings portal for everyone to try out. Unfortunately, it got to the point when people started complaining about repetitive use of the builder and not alot of skill variety.

I did begin to make a 2nd pack, but other games crossed my mind and eventually I forgot about making new levels.

So I dunno if anyone has seen any of my levels they wouldve liked to add to the remake, but I dont even know if I will make more levels or not...

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2007, 01:01:07 PM »
So you're using Lemmix for the remake?

I've remade three of my cheapo levels(with some changes, ranging from very little beyond cosmetic appearance in the first, to a mostly new solution but almost identical layout in the third), but I don't know how well they'll work in Lemmix.

Here is the download. They are all in LVL format, and I've also included BMP images of the levels:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTDI3LCY

***WARNING: SPOILERS FOR SOLUTIONS MAY FOLLOW FOR FOLLOWING THREE LEVELS***
Lemmings Plus 1: Return of the T
Ultimate Challenge 2: Death in all Directions
Lemmings Plus 3: To The End!

The first one should be easily adaptable - depending on bridge-from-dig mechanics and bridge physics, a small piece near the end may need to be moved to keep it possible. It is possible as is in the Windows version, haven't tried DOS. As the design is slightly different to the Cheapo version, this comparison is not entirely useful, but it is possible in Cheapo version.

The second one cannot be beaten in the Windows version due to how interactions between multiple diggers are handled. This problem does not occur in Cheapo, and the trick required can be successfully pulled off. (It is not a cheap trick, just one that may be inobvious at first. Apart from the two points where this trick is needed, the rest of the level works fine.

The third one is very differently solved than the cheapo original, so I cannot compare to that. However, this one does require a direct build-from-climb (at the most, one or two pixels later will still work), and it is very tight on the time limit(in the Windows version, I cannot finish with more than one second remaining), so if the timing of everything isn't perfectly in sync with the Windows version, then this level will either become slightly(or majorly, depending on how out of sync it is) easier, or the time limit may need to be increased to 3 minutes, which certianly will kill a lot (but not all) of the difficulty. I also changed the name of this level as it is too different from the original to keep the same name.

***END SPOILERS HERE***

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2007, 06:22:43 AM »
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=remake/jihoon1.zip

Contains all those three plus two more. One is just a fun level which I didn't intend to be hard, in a way it can be compared to All The 6's, except that it contains a much less controversial number(42 - answer to Life, the Universe and Everything, as some may know), and the whole level isn't designed entirely around that number (instead, the number appears in the level, and all skills, lemmings, save%, etc are 42 as usual).

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=remake/jihoon1sol.zip

The intended solutions, if anyone wants to check for backroutes.

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2007, 10:41:04 AM »
Has anyone actually been going through the old levels and making lists of those to include? I started a while ago and can hopefully get on with it again soon and get a proper list sorted.

If this thing is ever going to get done we at least need some sort of shortlist to build on from, however small it may be to start with. At the moment it's still really no further on than it's ever been, (unless I've missed something somewhere...) :(

STT

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2007, 04:26:55 AM »
BUMPAGE... anything new?

STT

« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
BUMPAGE!
RAWR, like the changes guys. Anything new?

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2007, 11:23:43 AM »
I would assume no.