Author Topic: The Lemmings Remake Topic  (Read 30142 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: The Lemmings Remake Topic
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2006, 05:33:27 PM »
I like that idea as well. Empty spaces could probably just be left as underscores or have the last/first letters repeated.

Or, it could simply ignore all letters after the portion that matches, so JUSTDIGXXX will work no matter what letters you put in for each of the 3 X's.  They can even be left blank.

STT

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2006, 04:35:20 AM »
How about we just leave the codes as they are (of course, change it a bit so they're not the same codes as the other lemmings games.)

The best way to remember a code is with pencil + paper. Besides, someone is bound to load a txt file somewhere with all the codes.

Lets just start compling a list of levels to put in it, and off and go.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2006, 04:56:33 AM »
The best way to remember a code is with pencil + paper.

I personally keep track of the codes using the very same method back when I played Lemmings, and I'm sure many people do the same (or perhaps use a computer instead of paper and pencil).

Still, there's something to be said for levelcodes that lessens the hassle of paper and pencil (which can sometimes be lost over the years).  The idea of basing the codes off the level name has the interesting advantage that, you are more likely to remember the level names of levels that interest you, and you are more likely to want to replay those levels anyway, so it all works out.

And yes, let's figure out which levels to include first.  :wink:

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Level Database
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2006, 02:57:38 PM »
How about we just leave the codes as they are (of course, change it a bit so they're not the same codes as the other lemmings games.)

The best way to remember a code is with pencil + paper. Besides, someone is bound to load a txt file somewhere with all the codes.

I agree 100%.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2006, 08:03:57 AM »
I'll start to write some code for the Remake.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2006, 03:32:18 PM »
I posted some levels in the other forum; how would i get them considered for the remake? Do I have to put them in a .dat file?

TOG

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2006, 04:15:05 AM »
Too lazy to read it all...

Appoximately how many levels are in the remake so far?

STT

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2006, 08:26:13 AM »
Currently ten have been submitted, but not processed and placed. All mine ;).

Thread for placing of levels:
http://www.ksoftgames.idiotstudios.net/lemmings/index.php?topic=129.0

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2006, 08:22:03 AM »
1) Do we want other "post-game-texts"?
2) We need 6 bitmaps for the 6 sections. How are we going to organize this?

STT

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2006, 08:36:25 AM »
1) Dunno what your talking about. Me stupid.  :winktounge:
2) I suggest that we take use the same method that we're using to decide the other levels. (See Level List order Thread. - to lazy to link)

And my own q.
3) Soud he have 180 levels? That's a lot easier number to play with than 160. I'm sure we'll have no probs filling the 20 extra slots.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2006, 11:24:09 AM »
I think for 1) Eric means the messages you get when you finish a level (and also the message when you beat the game).

3) I think 120 for regular mode (this could be put into DOS Lemmings easily) then +60 glitch levels (Lemmix-only extension) would not be a problem (total 180). 60 glitch sounds a little high, but keep in mind there would be some glitch training levels included.

TOG

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2006, 04:31:29 PM »
Has the modified executable of Lemmings been created?

Just wondering if the levels are the only things left to be done... besides the messages at the end of the level.

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2006, 12:07:59 AM »
As some or most of you know, some of my levels aren't very good in some people's opinions.

I think that the best way for me to get one or a few of my levels suggested in the Lemmings Remake is to have other members suggest me levels. This would be much better than having myself doing it, as I do not like sugesting levels that are quite boring or excessive using of a skill.

Would the members that have attempted or fully played my levels be the ones to suggest my levels?

This would be appreciated by both myself and other participants of the Lemmings Remake.

NOTE: Previously, I was not able to use Lemmix to create/modify my levels. Nobody could even play my levels using Lemmix!
EricLang has helped me fixed this (thankyou Eric and well done on Lemmix!), and now I have allowed Lemmix to open/create/play all of my levels in my big pack!

Everyone can now try my levels using Lemmix. If you want a copy of the new version, let me know and I will post it onto the file portal or send it to you.

Tim.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2006, 12:38:28 AM »
The executable is not ready yet. I have worked on it, however.
1. The level loading system. Do we keep the dos original order? Then it would be possible to play it with the original version as well, except the last 2 sections, which we build on top of it.
2. Can we agree on a new levelcode system? The one i mentioned somewhere: random codes with vowels and non-vowels alternated?
3. The new texts.
4. 6 bitmaps for the level-sections.

I'll try and upload a testversion soon.

TOG

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2006, 02:55:12 AM »
Perhaps I don't have much say in this, and I would understand if I didn't, but here's what I have to say anyway...

In response to 1: Unless it is considerably more work, I think it would be better to make the levels load in order (level000.dat has levels 1 through 10).

In response to 2: The code being vowels and non-vowels alternated seems fine to me.

In response to 3: Do you already have the messages in mind?

In response to 4: Are you making those?