Author Topic: Epic Lemmings Game?  (Read 10880 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: Epic Lemmings Game?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 04:43:11 AM »

Anyway, in light of recent posts here (some of which were made by me :P), I have decided to make...
a level.

Good job, it's quite nice.  This should really go into the game.

Note:  The ceiling level is now done, onto tutorial levels.

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 12:25:40 AM »
Anyway, in light of recent posts here (some of which were made by me :P), I have decided to make...
a level.

That looks like a good level :) With the levels in this proposed fangame, theres one thing I would like to suggest for it. Perhaps if you could include some sort of level that pays tribute to the Lemmings series, maybe as the opening level. I would doubt any of my past levels would qualify for it. A name like "Ode To The Lemmings Series" or something along those lines. And of course this only a suggestion, anything can happen :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 02:02:24 AM »
You can make it.  Remember, this is a project that makes a lot of use of the community.  If the level's good, it's in.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 04:16:14 AM »
Don't forget to upload your levels as you make them (maybe in packs of 10 like we normally do). We need feedback from the community to make these levels as good as they can be :)

And here's another suggestion to improve the game - remove the DOS grid. This should go without saying, since the 4x4 grids for triggers and steel are archaic and were (presumably) used only because of performance limitations. Another thing we should do is to fix the trigger areas so that the objects will work when placed neatly on top of terrain. At present some objects (eg. exits from Snow and Bubble tilesets) don't trigger if they are placed as such, no matter how you line them up with the grid. Which means you have to bury them in the ground :(

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 04:24:31 PM »
That's true for me on, like, all tilesets.  Also, the brick tileset can be hard to get to work.  I have just registered on the Lemmings File Archive, so I'll be uploading packs soon.  But I do want to get 10 levels done for that.

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 01:33:12 AM »
Does anyone have access to my level packs anymore? I know I have stopped my personal website since Yahoo Geocities are shutting down soon. I dont remember if I put my Van Clan level packs anywhere else...

If nobody can find them, let me know and I will find a way to re-upload my levels in about a week's time when I get back from a holiday.

As far as small level packs go, Im not sure how to do it properly because I dont use Custlemm anymore with my Windows Vista, instead I have Lemmix and Lemmini. When I created my Van Clan packs, this was actually done using the old LemEdit and I just replaced the Oh No game pack with a mix of Original and Oh No Levels in it, which turned out to quite confusing for some people when they tried using it...

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 04:06:25 AM »
Upload them somewhere where we can find them.
If they aren't on Lemmings file Portal or Archive, then we know they need to be uploaded again.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 04:44:35 AM »
The Van Clan level packs are on the Lemmings File Portal :)

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 07:52:04 AM »
Ahh good, are they able to be played at all?

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »
Yep, they work just fine.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50:13 PM »
Great!
I'll look over them, and, with your permission, I can use them in the fangame.
Just need to know what it's called on there!

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »
If your are referring to my levels, its called Van Clan Lemmings. I believe my 2nd unfinished level pack wasnt uploaded anywhere because I didnt get around to making those 100 levels. When I have time, ill try to organise those levels so that they become generally accessible to everyone and upload them.

The only thing about the pack is I cant remember exactly which levels are the "newer" ones. If some could write down a couple of the level names from the first pack for me, I should be able to sort it out from there :)
- Note that abouf half of the levels in these packs are done by my friend, but he doesnt mind what happens to them.

Lastly, I understand that most of the levels probably wont qualify for any fangames, with them being builder-heavy and such (they were mostly design based levels without much thought put into challenging gameplay). I just hope some of the levels will qualify, particularly the 1-minute levels.

EDIT: And yes you have permission to do whatever you like with them. After all, thats the purpose of the levels :D

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 01:47:06 AM »
Can't get levels to play too easily, except for a few.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 06:11:05 AM »
These levels were made to work in ONML, which means you have to organize the files in the same way - put them in a separate folder to Lemmix.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 12:27:45 AM »
I'll be able to release a pack with some levels (arranged in no logical order) that I made for this project soon!