Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Mayhem 3 ("It's Hero Time") on Amiga version

<< < (3/3)

DragonsLover:
Maybe because of the 4 different kind of PC mode you can play with. Maybe the differences required to remove some things... Or it is maybe about the memory...

nobody:

--- Quote from: DragonsLover on April 24, 2007, 07:15:43 AM ---
"Triple Trouble" (this is an exception for the Amiga similarity. Under Amiga, there were 10 builders for this level. Personnally, I consider that as too hard because it requires pixel precision. It IS possible with 10 builders but it's really REALLY annoying. So I did keep 12 builders of the Dos version which is much better. Just modify the level if you disagree)

--- End quote ---
I just tried the level with 10 builders and I didn't think it was too bad, the only annoying part was having to build out of the pit on the right side with only one builder when the lemmings were all bunched together. (It wasn't a problem on the left side because the lemmings all landed on top of each other coming out of the entrance). I'm not sure where you think pixel precision is required, each side only needs one builder to get out of the pit and four more to reach the thing in the middle and from there you just need to use a little resourcefulness to solve it...

DragonsLover:
On the left part, if you don't build at the right place, the builder don't "close" the gap as he knocks his head on the wall and turns around. Because you don't have much builders to close the gap, each time, you have to nuke the level at this moment. Which is annoying. Then, when you finally get it, lemmings on the right are stuck together which you have a 50% chance to have a Lemmings build to the left (and it doesn't mean the lemmings is building at the correct place). If you miss: nuke.

This is why 12 builders is better. If it would be a Mayhem level, ok, but it's a Taxing one. I mean, this level is harder than the ones in Mayhem.

nobody:
It only takes three builders for him to hit his head. After he turns around and comes back you only need to build one more step to hit the wall.

DragonsLover:
Hmmm... yeah. But still there, this level is quite tough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version