Author Topic: Family Feud (Round 15)  (Read 49162 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Family Feud
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2012, 02:43:39 AM »
Hmmm, yeah, that archer image should really be more proliferous than any other clue, and even without this, archer has a strong connotation to the theme. >_>

Now that you had mentioned Fencer, I recalled that Fencer actually was an answer to the question, given by LemSteven. I've even noted it on the sheet that I use to evaluate everything manually. Results are updated with twister and fencer both worth 1/5, and archer still 1. LemSteven drops back a couple places because of this -- sorry for the mistake earlier.

Everything should be correct now. :)

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2012, 03:20:17 AM »
Oh balls, the first two questions totally screwed me over. I was contemplating between battering ram and catapult, but I never even thought of the sword for some reason, perhaps I should take some more time next time for my guesses.
For question 5 it was a toss-up between dining room, torture chamber and ball room, neither would have made a difference though. Perhaps I should have done some more brainstorming too.
I feel ccexplore and me deserve bonus points on question 8 for idly chatting and having doughnuts while everyelse was working hard. :P Oh well, perhaps one of us should have gone to work and catch Simon instead...

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
Re: Family Feud - ROUND 13 NOW OPEN!
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »
For each question, the scoring scheme is noted in square brackets. Questions marked with [Family Feud] are scored according to the family feud scoring scheme (the more popular your answer, the more points you get).
Some questions ask you to name a member (list). Here you can list multiple multiple ones, the first participating one in your list will be chosen as your answer.

It's time for the first Lemmings forum convention, a chance to share a day with your fellow forum members. You'll all be lodged in the Lemming Hotel in the wilderness of Nunavut.
1. Which member (list) do you want to share your room with (you may NOT pick yourself here)?
[0.5 points if you pick someone no-one else wants to share a room with, 0.5 if that member has picked you as preferred roommate.]

Roommates that sing under the shower can be quite a nuisance if you don't like to sing under the shower, but they can heighten your mood if you sing under the shower and they join in. For these reasons, the next question is highly relevant with respect to roommate assignment:
2. [Family Feud] Do you sing under the shower?
[You get 0.5 bonus points if your preferred roommate has the same behaviour as you with respect to singing under the shower.]

On the way to the hotel, you guys are reminiscing the previous rounds of Family Feud; you're discussing:
3. [Family Feud] Who is the best quizmaster of the past?

Once you've arrived in the hotel, it's time for some cracker-barrel philosophy. The discussions evolve mostly around the most useless skills in Lemmings 2 and the most useful skills in Lemmings 1.
4. [Family Feud] What's the most useful skill in Lemmings 1?

Unexpectedly, there is a wide range of opinions on this question (or perhaps it's just a troll having joined the discussion).
5. Name a member (list) who did not pick "builder" in question 4. You may pick yourself.
[0.5 points if you're correct, 0 points if wrong.]

After all the discussions around Lemmings, it's time to actually engage in playing Lemmings.
6. [Family Feud] You're all time-attacking Just Dig simultaneously, a competitive battle to the death, for fame and glory. But you've somehow managed to run out of diggers without getting to the exit. Apart from diggers, which skill do you wish you had available now?

After playing for quite a while and killing all your lemmings, you get hungry, and you think of delicious ham.
7. [Family Feud] Name a word that begins with "ham" that is not "ham".

8. But just thinking of ham doesn't fill your stomach, so it's time for a real dinner. You are contemplating going to the nearest soup kitchen, but your past experience says chances are you might not get any soup. It's cold outside anyway and you're lazy, so you guys decide on ordering pizza. Available toppings are:

Extra Large Pepperoni
Leek
Italian Sausage (a.k.a. Salami)
Eggplant
Beef
Pineapple
Mushrooms
Black Olives
Spiced Ham
Anchovies
Banana

Each of you gets to order one pizza, for which you can choose 3 from the above toppings. Everyone has some toppings he doesn't like, so list exactly 3 toppings from the above which you don't like (this shouldn't be hard, considering the available toppings). Cheese and Sauce will be added by default, so you don't have to worry that you might end up with a pizza like this: http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-04-01/1270073756437.jpg
Once the pizzas arrive, each pizza is split up evenly among everyone who doesn't dislike the pizza (i.e. you get a share from each pizza that doesn't feature any toppings you dislike).
Which three toppings from the above do you choose for your pizza, and which three toppings do you dislike?
[The amount of pizza you get is converted into points you score.]

After having pizza, everyone goes to sleep. The next morning, you get up and all go to have a shower.
9. [Family Feud] Under the shower, you hear someone singing "I'm a barbie girl". Who could that be? (You may pick yourself)

10. It's time to travel home. You have the choice to either rent a car yourself, or pick someone who you want to take a ride with. If you want to take a ride with someone who doesn't have a car, then you just take a ride with that person's choice. If that person doesn't have a car either, you two go with that person's choice, and so on. If at some point you find someone with a car, you mount the car, if not, you don't have a ride home and get 0 points.
The rental cars only have capacity for 4 people. If you're at most 4 people in the car, the driver takes you home, and the driver gets 0.4 points (as he has to drive), while everyone else in the car gets 1 point. But if more than 4 people (including the driver) mount the car, once you all managed to squeeze in, the car will collapse with a loud crash and an explosion. In that case the driver will call the insurance and get a taxi ride home for himself (only 0.4 points due to all the hassle), everyone else who mounted the collapsed car gets nothing.
Do you want to rent a car, or take a ride with someone? In the latter case, name the member (list) you want to take a ride with.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud - ROUND 13 NOW OPEN!
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2012, 03:53:21 AM »
6. [Family Feud] You're all time-attacking Just Dig simultaneously, a competitive battle to the death, for fame and glory. But you've somehow managed to run out of diggers without getting to the exit. Apart from diggers, which skill do you wish you had available now?

To clarify, "time-attacking" means we are racing to see who finishes the level first? (100% or 10%?)  And that it's *not* multiplayer so there's no sabotage involved?

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2012, 04:02:33 AM »
To clarify, "time-attacking" means we are racing to see who finishes the level first? (100% or 10%?)  And that it's *not* multiplayer so there's no sabotage involved?
Yes, it is *not* multiplayer. "Time-attacking" means racing to see who finishes the level first. Whether we aim for 10% or 100% is not specified.

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud - ROUND 13 RESULTS!
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2012, 06:18:53 AM »
Round 13 is now closed, here are the results!

1. Which member (list) do you want to share your room with (you may NOT pick yourself here)?
Simon and geoo want to be roommates, and each get 0.5 points for that.
Simon is a popular choice though, being preferred roommate to geoo, Rubix and ccexplore. Akseli was popular too, being picked by Steve and Gronkling. Akseli wants to be with Rubix and Clam with ccexplore, both get 0.5 points for not having to battle with anyone else for the roommate, as does Simon for being the only one to pick geoo.

2. Do you sing under the shower?
Everyone of us does, except for Steve. Steve gets 1/7 point, everyone else 1 point.
Steve is also the only one whose roommate doesn't share his singing preference, thus the only one not getting 0.5 points for this.

3. Who is the best quizmaster of the past?
5 geoo - 1 point
2 Simon - 0.4 points
1 Clam - 0.2 points

Quote from: ccexplore, initially picking Clam
changing from honest answer to "geoo" for feud purposes

4. What's the most useful skill in Lemmings 1?
5 miner - 1 point
3 builder - 0.6 points
ccexplore did the smart thing and changed his pick from builder to miner.
Steve genuinely prefers the miner over the builder (admittedly, it is really nice), not just for strategery with the next question.

5. Name a member (list) who did not pick "builder" in question 4. You may pick yourself.
Everyone who went for miner in Q4 got the 0.5 points.
Akseli picks (correctly) Steve, but Clam and Gronkling, having answered builder in Q4, pick each other and get nothing.

6. You're all time-attacking Just Dig simultaneously, a competitive battle to the death, for fame and glory. But you've somehow managed to run out of diggers without getting to the exit. Apart from diggers, which skill do you wish you had available now?
4 builders - 1 point
3 miners - 3/4 points
1 bombers - 1/4 point

Builders make a bit of sense here:
Quote from: ccexplore
Even without any clarifications, I'm really hard-pressed to come up with a realistic case where Fun 1 can't be completed aside from an errand digger at the lower half, before the exit.  I'll laugh if "miners" actually end up being the popular answer.  :-\
Quote from: Clam
because logically you must now be digging through the floor. I'm hoping logic actually applies here  :P
But Steve has the best explanation:
Quote from: Steve
SPEED MINING GOGOGOGO

7. Name a word that begins with "ham" that is not "ham".
4 hamster
4 hamburger
Everyone gets a point. :D

8. Pizza
Toppings orderedDislikes
Clambeef, anchovies, bananasalami, mushrooms, olives
Simonbanana, beef, pineapplepepperoni, leek, salami
ccexploreeggplant, mushrooms, bananabeef, salami, olives
Rubixpepperoni, spam, pineappleanchovies, eggplant, leek
geoobanana, beef, leekmushrooms, spam, salami
Gronklingbanana, eggplant, leeksalami, beef, spam
Akselileek, pineapple, oliveseggplant, beef, spam
Stevemushrooms, beef, pineapplepepperoni, anchovies, banana

Who gets a share from whose pizza, and how big of a share:
    ClamSimonccexploreRubixgeooGronklingAkseliSteveportion
Clam's pizzax x     x       1/3 
Simon's pizzax x   x x       1/4 
ccexplore's pizza  x x     x     1/3 
Rubix' pizzax   x x         1/3 
geoo's pizzax       x       1/2 
Gronkling's pizzax   x   x x     1/4 
Akseli's pizza        x x x x 1/4 
Steve's pizza  x   x       x 1/3 
Akseli is very picky when it comes to pizzas.

Useless stats:

Like:
5 Banana
4 Beef
4 Pineapple
3 Leek
2 Eggplant
2 Mushrooms
1 Extra Large Pepperoni
1 Black Olives
1 Spiced Ham
1 Anchovies
0 Italian Sausage (a.k.a. Salami)

Hate:
5 Italian Sausage (a.k.a. Salami)
3 Beef
3 Spiced Ham
2 Extra Large Pepperoni
2 Leek
2 Eggplant
2 Mushrooms
2 Black Olives
2 Anchovies
1 Banana
0 Pineapple

Pizza with banana seems to be very popular amongst us (that's why Steve only got so few shares, he seems to be the only one with a decent taste). But honestly, I've had pizza with banana once, it sucks:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43603680/Pizza-3.JPG - some banana
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43603680/Pizza-2.JPG - a truckload of banana
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43603680/Pizza-1.JPG - way too much banana

ccexplore initially had his pizza with banana, anchovies and pineapple, and commented:
with any luck, I'll be sharing this disgusting pizza with like-minded participants and get a lot less than the full point I'm hoping for. :sick: Don't be surprise if I change my answer multiple times......
I think the new pizza with eggplant, mushrooms and banana is only marginally better though.

Quote from: Gronkling
EGGPLANT BANANA AND LEEK, TRULY THE TASTIEST PIZZA OF ALL. (but not really)

9. Under the shower, you hear someone singing "I'm a barbie girl". Who could that be? (You may pick yourself)
2 Simon - 1 point
2 geoo - 1 point
2 Rubix - 1 point
1 mobius - 1/2 point
1 ccexplore - 1/2 point

Notably, ccexplore initially picked Prob Lem before changing the pick to geoo.

10. Getting home
Simon, Gronkling and Steve decide to rent a car and get 0.4 points.
geoo takes a ride with Simon, Akseli takes a ride with Steve, 1 point.
ccexplore and Rubix want to take a ride with Clam, but Clam wants to take a ride with ccexplore. This obviously doesn't work, as neither of them has a car. 0 points. If ccexplore had chosen geoo instead, there would be a chain Simon - geoo - ccexplore - Clam - RubiX, and Simon's car would have exploded. Fortunately for everyone, that didn't happen, and everyone is still alive, not everyone is at home though.

a rental car that's going to *explode* (as stated in the question) on too many riders doesn't sound like a vehicle I ever want to get on!  :scared: I think I'll just call a taxi instead.  ;P
Would have been the smarter choice. :P

After everyone has finally managed to get back home from somewhere in the midst of Nunavut, here are the final standings (Speadsheet with detailed results is attached.)!

1. geoo 9.83
2. Simon 9.65
3. ccexplore 7.92
4. Clam 7.67
5. Akseli 7.25
6. Rubix 7.17
7. Gronkling 6.58
8. Steve 5.58

See you at the next convention!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2012, 07:28:30 AM »
Wow, I totally underestimated popularity of beef. :sick:  Also surprised at unpopularity of salami.  For non-game purposes, a great pizza for me would probably be pepperoni, salami and mushrooms, while a disgusting pizza would probably be banana, pineapple and anchovies.

I definitely have trouble selecting my dislikes.  I figure there'd be honestly good pizzas and strategically bad pizzas so I don't want to dislike all those ingredients, but then I want to put some mediocre toppings (too bad beef ain't it) in hopes of deterring strategic people making disgusting pizza and thereby choosing only mediocre instead of truly bad toppings to dislike.  So I found myself not wanting to dislike anything! :XD:  I also have a pretty good feeling leek will show up as a topping since it actually got some discussion in IRC after the round with freezing vegetables.  And then there's "spiced ham", less liked and more disliked than anticipated--I have to admit I didn't recognize it as "spam" until geoo sneakily uses that in reporting the results, not sure if it'd change my answer much though (for reference, "spam" I would've considered in the same class as "banana", whereas "spiced ham" [which I thought was more like real ham] I thought more in the class of "mushroom"). :XD:

Incidentally, for the car question, my real first choice is LemSteven as I imagine he'd answer conservatively and drive.  Sadly he didn't participate and Clam seemed to have thought the same greedy way I did.

===============================

Oh and one more thing: I specifically picked Simon because I thought past IRC indicated that he'd sing in the shower (though I was only sure that showering is his hobby ;P).  In real life I probably won't sing in shower, but I also think the shower is probably the place where bad singing best belong in anyway (for the person who has to endure listening), as opposed to right out in the open with no sound-attenuating water noises, curtains, doors, walls etc. ;P

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2012, 07:47:51 AM »
I don't like pizza of any type period [except white pizza, but that wasn't a choice] so not at all surprised I failed hard that round  ;P
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Should also add that if I'm hungry enough, toppings are basically a non-issue with pizza for me, as they can be picked off as necessary and you'll end up with a mostly plain cheese pizza.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »
I don't like pizza of any type period [except white pizza, but that wasn't a choice] so not at all surprised I failed hard that round  ;P

don't like pizza  :o
What's-a-matta-with ya? What's not to like? Ya gocha ya crispy flaky crust.. yummy tomato sauce of various kinds, all kinds of gooey melty cheese pick ya toppings, slice it up, fold it and shove it ya mouth, that's how ya do it--badda-bing badda-boom it's delicious it's extraordinary it's f***ing unbelievable.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2012, 02:41:23 AM »
yummy tomato sauce

There's your problem. Red tomato sauces of all types come right back up whenever I try to eat them. And I usually try to eat a slice of pizza once a year but no dice.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud ROUND 14 now open
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2012, 12:20:23 AM »
NOTICE: some clarifications made on question 10.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come on down!

It’s time to for round 14 of the family feud. This round will be a break from the complicated questions.

rules.
1. Feedback on the quiz and suggestion is welcomed.
2. This quiz will be open for four days. This ending time is concrete and non-negotiable. When I post and say it’s over, you can’t enter after that. You’ll see why below.
3. There is an Easter egg in this quiz and the first participant to spot it will be given an extra 0.5 points.
4. Everybody have fun tonight, everybody wang chung tonight. [this is not the Easter egg]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1-8 are standard popular questions.

1. Name a Pokémon

2. You recently had a big argument with your girlfriend. What do you buy her to help apologize and smooth things over?

3. What did the four wise men bring to baby Jesus as a present?

4. A Politician and a Lawyer are both drowning in a lake. You can only save one, what do you do?
a) take a nap
b) go see a movie

5. Who farted? [it must have been one of the participants… doesn’t matter if they didn’t actually join]

6. When you meet God at the Pearly Gates (in heaven), what will you ask him?

7. Who will do the most post-quiz analysis and commentary? [doesn’t matter if they didn’t actually join]

8. Who’s on first?
----------------

9. How many people will enter this quiz? Try to guess correctly here. You’ll get 1 point for being right on the mark, 0.9 for being 1 away, 0.8 for 2… etc.

10. Let’s play point making game!

You can choose to  play one, two, three or a total of four times. You will sacrifice 0.5 points each time you play You can also completely skip this question and loose or gain nothing.

If you play; you have two options; A or B. You can select A or B for every time you play. The more popular pick gets 1.5 point, the less popular gets 0. If both options are picked equally you'll get 0. If you’re the only one to play “a fourth time” or “a third time”, you’ll get zero for that try.

example:

Rasputin decides to play four times. His answer looks like this:
A, B, B, A

He gets 1.5 point for the first try; A was popular. 0 for the second, B was not popular. 1.5 for the third because B was popular third time. 0 for the fourth because nobody else played over three times.

assuming he started with 0; Rasputin’s score here would be: 1.

11. Rat Race
You don’t have to enter anything for this question. Everybody who enters the quiz will automatically get at least a fraction of a point. Here’s how it works:
The first and last person to put their entry in will get 1 point. The second to first and last person will get a fraction of a point. The third first and last will get a smaller fraction. So the middle person or persons will get the smallest score here.
-Your entry will be counted on the very first time you enter. You may change your answers after that but it will not effect your 'entry number' for this question.
-The quizmaster will automatically get the lowest score for this question.

Example:
Harry enters first – 1
Larry second – 0.8
Garry – 0.6
Carry – 0.4
Sally – 0.4
Holly – 0.6
David – 0.8
Rasputin (last) – 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTICE: some clarifications made on question 10.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2012, 08:29:06 AM »
8. Who’s on first?

On what? ??? Not quite getting the question, unless the ambiguity is part of the point of this question?

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »
8. Who’s on first?

On what? ??? Not quite getting the question, unless the ambiguity is part of the point of this question?

no, what's on second.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »
Probably everyone should get the same level of background information.

Quote from: IRC
[01:31:11]     <geoo> Who's on first, means who will win?
[01:31:36]    <mobius__> naw... maybe you should consult wikipedia :)
[...]
[02:20:45]    <SimonN> sent answers for quiz :) Is there a detailed meaning for "who's on first", or sohuld I just enter whatever comes to mind?
[02:25:00]    <geoo> SimonN: <mobius__> naw... maybe you should consult wikipedia :)

-- Simon