Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 183207 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #495 on: November 09, 2005, 03:42:19 PM »
Well, mine look quite a bit different and more chaotic. It uses the same trick though.
I wonder whether the way I handled the right part is the intended one, I suppose yes.
Anyway, check the PM if you want to see my screenshot.

JM

« Reply #496 on: November 09, 2005, 04:57:55 PM »
You can pass the level when you activate the nuke while the 1st lemming is just a few pixels away from the exit :o

tseug

« Reply #497 on: November 09, 2005, 05:43:26 PM »
Good find! ;)

---------------

PM sent to leviathan.

JM

« Reply #498 on: November 09, 2005, 05:47:32 PM »
I've spotted that trick in a few other levels. I also use that trick in one of my levels.

Leviathan

« Reply #499 on: November 09, 2005, 07:43:48 PM »
I've removed a few backroutes,here's my second version of the level :)

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/PLATF2.DAT

Thanks for testing this out :P

Conway

« Reply #500 on: November 09, 2005, 08:09:23 PM »
I've passed the first version. Here's a screenshot: >LINK!<

Now I'll try the update.

[edit]B***** hidden traps!!!  >:([/edit]

Leviathan

« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2005, 09:05:31 PM »
Quote from: Conway link=1089136533/495#500 date=1131566963
I've passed the first version. Here's a screenshot: >LINK!<

Now I'll try the update.

[edit]B***** hidden traps!!! &#A0;>:([/edit]

I couldn't think of another solution than to put some water there to eliminate the backroute...making the hidden water visible would make it look silly and putting terrain next to the water to conceal the edges will certainly create more backroutes ;)

Any other suggestions are also welcome,as well as a screenshot with the intended solution since I can't use DOSBOX to play lemmings itself,hence I can't take screenshots :(

Leviathan

« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2005, 10:46:58 PM »
I've managed to get Lemmings to work in DOSBOX...I came close to beating the level but this should give a general idea on my solution :)

I still prefer to play lemmings in a full size window in plain DOS,but to make a screenshot I used Dosbox :)

Now I want to be sure this is the one and only solution :P

The big mistake I made in this attempt was to dig too far to an edge of a step,so I could only dig down 3 pixels instead of 4 pixels each time...

tseug

« Reply #503 on: November 10, 2005, 01:02:11 AM »
I found a new glitch that would make it "possible" to pass this level with a solution other than the intended one. I'm going to try it, but I don't predict success.

EDIT: False alarm. It wouldn't be possible and it's not a glitch.

EDIT2: While I was trying stuff I somehow made a lemming "slide" up through some terrain, as in a consistent upward motion at about the speed of a faller. This is the glitch that leviathan saw at some point. I have some idea of how it happened, so I will now try to reproduce it.

Leviathan

« Reply #504 on: November 10, 2005, 10:10:51 AM »
Could you PM me some details about that glitch :)
Can the glitch (sliding trough terrain) be used to solve the level?

I'm thinking out a way to make the hidden traps visible without messing up the terrain or creating backroutes...

Leviathan

« Reply #505 on: November 10, 2005, 10:28:12 PM »
Here's an updated version without the annoying hidden traps :P
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/PLATF3.DAT

I cut off 4 builders,2 diggers and 1 minute as I managed to pass the level with 36 builders and 14 diggers in 5 minutes when using my intended solution...it requires a bit more multitasking and precision (stretching builders on both sides)

The water is floating in mid air but it's symmetrical and much better than hidden traps ;)

JM

« Reply #506 on: November 10, 2005, 10:34:58 PM »
The title of the level is pretty cool 8-)

MC Marshy

« Reply #507 on: November 23, 2005, 11:09:57 AM »
Hi I've just decided I should register. Two of my levelpaks are available at the Lemmings file portal and a third is still in development. I remade some of the Genesis levels in my levelpaks and I hope you like them. I'll try and be on the forum a bit more often when I have the time.

JM

« Reply #508 on: November 27, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »
Both levelpaks seem okay. I'll probably like the 3rd one when its out.

Leviathan

« Reply #509 on: November 29, 2005, 04:00:28 PM »
I've designed a level which should be my masterpiece so far...would you guys like to test it,here's the link to download it :)
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/UNI.DAT

It requires precision,and normally a very serious glitch (not the miner glitch).