Author Topic: Cheapo Level List Game  (Read 70712 times)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level List Game
« Reply #330 on: May 13, 2006, 03:18:38 PM »
Crap. Ah well, should be fixed now.

(As for the "I", that's just a feature of Peter's lettering. It's the same on all the styles.)

Meanwhile, I don't mind if we take the levels out of order, so Steve, will you do Level 12?

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2006, 03:16:06 AM »
I would if I could remember its solution -- I know I passed it right when you released the set, but I've since forgotten the answer and my recent attempts to recall it have come up short.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2006, 05:10:25 AM »
Quote from: Insane Steve link=1102948574/330#331 date=1148008566
I would if I could remember its solution -- I know I passed it right when you released the set, but I've since forgotten the answer and my recent attempts to recall it have come up short.
I guess that would fall under one of the "Good:"s for the level then. ;)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2006, 09:25:30 AM »
Heh.  ;)  As a reminder, the download link if you want a working version of Level 11 is http://repton.freespaces.com . Since it's been such a while, anyone can go next, and we can do 11 and 12 in either order if it helps us get moving again!

ccexplore, I remember you also wanted to add a review of Level 10?

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2006, 05:29:29 PM »
Nuntar, I think you should switch Level 4 with Level 2. Level 4 is easier than Level 2. And Level 15 should be placed after Level 8; it's easier than levels 9-14. Only the precision makes this level pretty hard.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2006, 10:51:35 PM »
I've said this already, but I'll go over it again.

My levels, when they're finished, will be in six sets. Each set is harder than the one before, but that doesn't mean level 1 of a set is harder than level 30 of the previous set; I prefer to overlap them a little. For the preview, I haven't re-ordered the levels in difficulty order; I've left them in set order. Level 15, a very early level of set 5, is of course easier than some of the levels that come before it from set 4; it's meant to be.

As for Level 4, do you mean the old one (Lemming Dilemma) or the new (Close to the Edge)? As I said earlier, I'm abandonding Lemming Dilemma due to unfixable backroutes. If you meant Close to the Edge, well, that one's new so it hasn't had time to find its proper place yet. I might move it around a bit.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2006, 11:09:27 PM »
I mean "Close to the Edge."

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2006, 11:13:49 PM »
You could add a review, even if it's out of order, since we won't be going back from the beginning  ;)  And I think you're right..... I'll reconsider the order when I do the actual set.

Sorry about the insane multiple post, btw (which I think I've dealt with now) -- the forum was being particularly stubborn just then.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2006, 11:22:13 PM »
Everyone hates the forum lag. If only Andi would fix it!

Anyways, I'll review the new Level 4:

Close to the Edge
Lemmings: 9/10
Skills: 1 bomber, blocker and basher, 10 builders.
Release Rate 1

Good: Very cool remake of Fun 10. Finding the solution is quite fun.
Bad: Keeping the lemmings under control is annoying

I would want to review level 15 too...

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2006, 11:42:15 PM »
We'll hopefully get to Level 15 soon..... if someone will start us off by reviewing Level 11! (Reminder, you need to download the new version, http://repton.freespaces.com )

Btw, for the preview I've just used random musics making sure I didn't use the same one twice, so that I could try some of the new ones out. Levels won't necessarily have the same musics in the finished sets (and so you probably shouldn't use it as a point in future reviews).

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2006, 10:11:19 PM »
Haven't posted for quite some time since I'm also doing some other things (you know, I often tend to do what I'm in mood for), and additionally sometimes the forum has been lagging so extremely that I couldn't access it at all.
In fact, it's the first time now since the re-awakening of this forum that I there's almost no lag for me. Anyway:

Michael Preview 2 - Level 11: Minesweeper Lemmings
Save 40/40
Relesase Rate: 40
Time: 4 minutes
Skills: 3 climbers, 3 floaters, 6 builders, 6 miners

Good: Very original idea for a special graphics level that's applicable to make a rather difficult level; requires quite a bit of thinking to work out a proper solution; a couple of solutions seem possible at first glance (perhaps there are also a couple possibilities?).
Bad: The fire don't suit the level so well, and they don't seem to be necessary at all; it's not immediately visible that you have to build into the exit to get the lemmings in.

btw, has anyone tried my CustLem levels a little more closely so far?

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »
Quote from: geoo89 link=1102948574/330#340 date=1148163079
it's not immediately visible that you have to build into the exit to get the lemmings in.
:-/  OK, next time I need to get a message across I'll write it in 48-point text so you can't possibly miss it. That was a bug, and I uploaded a fixed version several days ago.  :)

I know of three solutions to the level -- I'll have to go back and check them now to see if any of them can be done with a builder to spare or whether you've found a backroute.

Not me -- your levels are always way too hard for me.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 21, 2006, 10:28:08 AM »
Hmm, something weird's going on  :(  I seem to have deleted ccexplore's e-mails with the solutions to that level, so I can't check them. Maybe you could just tell me your solution?

The fires, btw, are both necessary to prevent backroutes.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 21, 2006, 06:04:56 PM »
Quote from: Nuntar link=1102948574/330#342 date=1148207288
Hmm, something weird's going on &#A0;:( &#A0;I seem to have deleted ccexplore's e-mails with the solutions to that level, so I can't check them.
Fortunately for you, I/Yahoo keep a copy of every e-mail I sent and I practically never delete old e-mails, so I still have the copies and I've just e-mailed them to you.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 21, 2006, 06:07:43 PM »
Quote from: geoo89 link=1102948574/330#340 date=1148163079
Nope, I haven't even looked at them once for that matter (but I did download it back then).  Not because I'm afraid they're too hard, mind you; I just haven't been in a Lemmings mood currently, just like you.