Author Topic: Lemmings Quiz  (Read 20974 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Quiz
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2006, 03:00:24 PM »
Name all the levels on original Lemmings that contain a trap that only appears on that level.

Rendezvous at the Mountain:  the rock squisher trap
Lend a Helping Hand...:  the spike traps on the walls
Going up...:  the electrode trap
Poo Wee Creatures!:  the molecularizer trap

Q:  name all levels in ONML that have 4 entrances.  [Appropriately enough, there are 4 such levels.]

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »
wild 1: Pop YoR ToP!!!
wicked 4: Oh No! It's the 4TH DIMENSION
wicked 6: Pop TiL YoU DrOp
havoc 14: Synchronized Lemming

Question: From which level is this screenshot?
http://home.hccnet.nl/ericenzwaan/lemmix/snap.gif

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »
Tame 13, Thunderlemmings are go!

Annoying question time: what's the fewest possible builders to save 100% on King of the castle?

tseug

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2006, 11:29:50 PM »
I gave it a try and did it with 18. Probably not the minimum.

EDIT: Or maybe it is. That also appears to be the minimum with the conventional solution.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2006, 07:06:57 PM »
Annoying question time: what's the fewest possible builders to save 100% on King of the castle?

Given that the Mac and Windows version allow you to stretch bridges equally far going left as going right, the answer may well be one lower for those versions compare with the rest (Amiga, DOS, etc.)  I'll take a look this weekend I guess.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2006, 12:48:42 AM »
Oh -- not a good question then. I'm still interested to see what ccexplore concludes, but in the meanwhile, tseug can ask the next question.

tseug

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2006, 01:36:17 AM »
OK... I'll give a similar one for no reason. :winktounge: However this one is much less fair.

What is the fewest possible builders to save 100% on Lemmingdelica? (Wild 19)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2006, 03:06:44 AM »
What is the fewest possible builders to save 100% on Lemmingdelica? (Wild 19)

My record was 7 builders.̆ But, let's move away from these types of question please.

My Q:̆ In Amiga or DOS Lemmings 2, there are two levels that each have only two types of skills available.̆ Name the levels.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2006, 05:34:05 AM »
I gave it a try and did it with 18. Probably not the minimum.

EDIT: Or maybe it is. That also appears to be the minimum with the conventional solution.

Not minimum, I have a 17-builder solution.̆ Lemmix replay:

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=challenge_replays/Taxing23_saveall_17builders.zip

And it does look to me like you could save a builder on the Mac and Windows version due to the builder-stretching difference (in spanning the bottom gap).̆ I'll confirm later.

[edit: confirm on the Mac version able to get across the gap using 4 builders rather than 5.̆ Not bothering with confirming rest of solution on other platforms]

[edit2: now improve to 16-builder solution for DOS Lemmings, which should translate to 15-builder solution for Mac Lemmings and WinLemm]

16-builder solution Lemmix replay:

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=challenge_replays/taxing23_saveall_16builders.zip

[edit3: actually it looks like you still need 16-builders for Mac Lemmings and WinLemm--although only 4 builders are needed to span the gap, it turns out the lemming that isn't assigned a builder then will still need to be delayed later while sealing the gap from the left]

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2006, 07:29:49 PM »
Nice work  :laugh:

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2006, 10:09:11 PM »
In Amiga or DOS Lemmings 2, there are two levels that each have only two types of skills available.̆ Name the levels.

I know that one of them is the first level in the Sports tribe (the one with the French name that I have no idea how to spell)̆ :tongue:
I think the other one is Successive Division (the second CaveLem level), but I'm not positive.̆ EDIT:̆ I looked it up, and I was right!̆ :cool:

Here's my question:
Name all of the Lemmings games that have a level themed to Tetris.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2006, 11:01:01 PM »
I know that Lemmings 2 and Lemmings 3D have one each, but apart from that I wouldn't know...

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2006, 01:44:13 AM »
I know that Lemmings 2 and Lemmings 3D have one each, but apart from that I wouldn't know...
There's one more...

Hint: It has Lemmings falling out of the sky instead of Tetris pieces.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »
Isn't that, um... ANY LEMMINGS LEVEL, EVER? No? well i give up then...

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007, 02:07:26 AM »
In Amiga or DOS Lemmings 2, there are two levels that each have only two types of skills available.  Name the levels.

I know that one of them is the first level in the Sports tribe (the one with the French name that I have no idea how to spell)  :tongue:
I think the other one is Successive Division (the second CaveLem level), but I'm not positive.  EDIT:  I looked it up, and I was right!  :cool:

Here's my question:
Name all of the Lemmings games that have a level themed to Tetris.
Lemmings 2: The Tribes, and Lemmings Revolution. By the way, that french name is "Ceci n'est pas une pipe."

My question is: In Lemmings 2: The Tribes, what is the last level in the Shadow Tribe?

EDIT: There might be more Tetris levels...